Jump to content
xrpmommy

CEO of Binance, and Michael Arrington Founder of Arrington XRP Capital. @ LCX Blockchain Sessions

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, xrpmommy said:

Thank you, the best part starts at 1:02:10 ?

How do find such footage? Thanks for posting. By-the-way, do you have the full panel interview with Asheesh Birla and Wells Fargo's VP of Global Payments (I forget her name) at Wharton College?? I can't seem to find the full video, only snippets here and there. 

Edited by King34Maine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, xrpreston said:

i didn't know until recently that arrington xrp capitol holds more bitcoin than xrp. kind of a misnomer calling it a xrp fund.

No its not.

It is fund that uses XRP as the base currency. To invest in his hedge fund you have to deposit your funds in XRP and when you realise your assets you are paid back out in XRP.

XRP is also used as the exchange currency when trading between different assets. 

This is because XRP is the fastest and cheapest way to transfer value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XRPHornets said:

No its not.

It is fund that uses XRP as the base currency. To invest in his hedge fund you have to deposit your funds in XRP and when you realise your assets you are paid back out in XRP.

XRP is also used as the exchange currency when trading between different assets. 

This is because XRP is the fastest and cheapest way to transfer value.

whats the purpose of holding a majority of btc. he had to convert all that xrp that people deposited to btc ?? if xrp is so valuable why trade it for btc.

btw im a large holder xrp. not fudding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

How do find such footage? Thanks for posting. By-the-way, do you have the full panel interview with Asheesh Birla and Wells Fargo's VP of Global Payments (I forget her name) at Wharton College?? I can't seem to find the full video, only snippets here and there. 

No sorry it was deleted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, xrpreston said:

whats the purpose of holding a majority of btc. he had to convert all that xrp that people deposited to btc ?? if xrp is so valuable why trade it for btc.

btw im a large holder xrp. not fudding 

Because of BTC's liquidity. Liquidity is King and trumps all!! Basically, money follows money. BTC's liquidity is the primary reasons why you see large brokerage/exchange interested in denominating various ETFs and Futures based on BTC. BTC liquidity is due to the fact that it still serves as the primary base exchange currency on most exchanges. The massive amounts of fiat and crypto that is exchanged via Bitcoin to purchase other crypto-assets etc. create demand for BTC. This high demand in combination with the limited supply of BTC available results in the value of BTC to rise exponentially (as we have seen in its ATH of +$20,000 this past December/January). Simple economics here nothing earth-shattering at all about it: Supply vs. Demand. While Arrington is a huge supporter of XRP, he still has to follow the money and right now and Bitcoin is still king. 

However, Bitcoin's dominance in this regard is waning as more and more exchanges are offering direct crypto to fiat pairings, but more importantly, are the base pairings (BTCs bread and butter) with more faster crypto-assets like XRP. These exchanges see the financial benefits of a highly scalable crypto-asset that is extremely cheap and fast. Also, with the highly anticipated transition of xRapid from beta to production by EOY, we should start to see a "changing of the guard" or a "passing of the baton" from Btc to XRP. 

Edited by King34Maine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Because of BTC's liquidity. Liquidity is King and trumps all!! Basically, money follows money. BTC's liquidity is the primary reasons why you see large brokerage/exchange interested in denominating various ETFs and Futures based on BTC. BTC liquidity is due to the fact that it still serves as the primary base exchange currency on most exchanges. The massive amounts of fiat and crypto that is exchanged via Bitcoin to purchase other crypto-assets etc. create demand for BTC. This high demand in combination with the limited supply of BTC available results in the value of BTC to rise exponentially (as we have seen in its ATH of +$20,000 this past December/January). Simple economics here nothing earth-shattering at all about it: Supply vs. Demand. While Arrington is a huge supporter of XRP, he still has to follow the money and right now Bitcoin is still king in this regard. 

However, Bitcoin's dominance in this regard is waning as more and more exchanges are offering direct crypto to fiat pairings, but more importantly, are the base pairings (BTCs bread and butter) with more faster crypto-assets like XRP. These exchanges see the financial benefits of a highly scalable crypto-asset that is extremely cheap and fast. Also, with the highly anticipated transition of xRapid from beta to production by EOY, we should start to see a "changing of the guard" or a "passing of the baton" from Btc to XRP. 

nice very thought out response. maybe he should call it arrington bitcoin capitol  that recieves xrp for funding and xrp for payouts fund. to long? abcxrpfund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, xrpreston said:

nice very thought out response. maybe he should call it arrington bitcoin capitol  that recieves xrp for funding and xrp for payouts fund. to long? abcxrpfund


Maybe ask Karlos to change your name to @fudpreston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xrpreston said:

nice very thought out response. maybe he should call it arrington bitcoin capitol  that recieves xrp for funding and xrp for payouts fund. to long? abcxrpfund

It's named Arrington XRP Capital as Bitcoin won't be King-of-the-Hill for much longer. Arrington is thinking long-term :beach:

Edited by King34Maine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xrpreston said:

whats the purpose of holding a majority of btc. he had to convert all that xrp that people deposited to btc ?? if xrp is so valuable why trade it for btc.

btw im a large holder xrp. not fudding 

Probably because he believes that BTC will pump first in next bull run. 

Garlinghouse has also publicly stated he’s long on BTC.

What you puerile , tribal BTC maximalists don’t understand is that it’s not a zero sum game . There can and will be multiple winners . It’s about growing the pie not growing your own stake in the same sized pie.

Personally Im long on BTC too. Ultimately, I actually think it will fail and historically be seen as the Napster of the blockchain, but before that happens it will pump first in the next Bull Run because it has the best brand reach at this current point .

Edited by XRPHornets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, XRPHornets said:

Probably because he believes that BTC will pump first in next bull run. 

Garlinghouse has also publicly stated he’s long on BTC.

What you puerile , tribal BTC maximalists don’t understand is that it’s not a zero sum game . There can and will be multiple winners . It’s about growing the pie not growing your own stake in the same sized pie.

Personally Im long on BTC too. I actually think it will fail and historically be seen as the Napster of the blockchain, but before that happens it will pump first in the next Bull Run because it has the best brand reach at this current point .

I think much of you would agree that Brad stated he is long on BTC because of marketing. I do not even think that he owns BTC. It's more like addmiting that there are other currencies and that he does not hate them and he accepts the others as equally good; this is what " I am long on BTC " means to me. Just marketing... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...