Tehol_Beddict

xRapid Brings on Three New Exchange Partners

6 hours ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

https://ripple.com/insights/xrapid-brings-on-three-new-exchange-partners/

"Today, we’re pleased to announce Bittrex will act as the preferred digital asset exchange for xRapid transactions that move through US Dollars. In addition, Bitso and Coins.ph will be preferred for Mexican Pesos and Philippine Pesos, respectively."

"Here’s what a xRapid payment flow will look like from the U.S. to Mexico:

1. A financial institution, that has an account with Bittrex, initiates a payment in US dollars via xRapid which is instantly converted into XRP on Bittrex.

2. The payment amount in XRP is settled over the XRP Ledger.

3. Bitso – through its Mexican Peso liquidity pool – instantly converts the XRP into fiat, which is then settled into a destination bank account."

"“We’ve seen several successful xRapid pilots already, and as we move the product from beta to production later this year, these exchange partners will allow us to provide financial institutions with the comfort and assurance that their payments will move seamlessly between different currencies.”

*rubs hands together gleefully* Mwahahahahha 

6 hours ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

...and of course, Coindesk with the most lackluster headline and article possible for this announcement:

Ripple Endorses 'Preferred' Crypto Exchanges for XRP Payments

https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-endorses-preferred-crypto-exchanges-for-xrp-payments/

My sense that many are skimming through the news to inaccurately mean that the exchanges will merely start listing XRP.

The fact that we have SBI and three more exchanges that will serve as xRapid hubs for x-border transactions is unbelievable.

5 hours ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

Also, on the 21st, India Post Bank launch: https://www.business-standard.com/article/finance/india-post-payments-bank-launch-by-pm-modi-on-aug-21-to-be-a-grand-affair-118081501186_1.html

No announced connection between India Post Bank and Ripple, but my Ripple sense is tingling. "Universal Postal Union"... =>

2078783724_spideyripplesensestingling.jpg.19044fa293864ccb578c76412f0869af.jpg

You have just coined what shall immediately be a classic saying.  Lol!

Of course, your research is unsurpassed to get you there.  India Post Payments Bank's core software is Infosys Finacle, and it's not too hard to see that Infosys is very aware of Ripple.  If Temenos can hook up its T24 onto Ripplenet, I would speculate that Finacle can do the very same.

The IPPB numbers are mind-blowing.  170 million accounts.  The Indian gov't will use it for distributing wages, pensions, etc.  I see what Asheesh Birla meant now.

2 minutes ago, Simoun said:

Of course, your research is unsurpassed to get you there.  India Post Payments Bank's core software is Infosys Finacle, and it's not too hard to see that Infosys is very aware of Ripple.  If Temenos can hook up its T24 onto Ripplenet, I would speculate that Finacle can do the very same.

The IPPB numbers are mind-blowing.  170 million accounts.  The Indian gov't will use it for distributing wages, pensions, etc.  I see what Asheesh Birla meant now.

Holy **** this is HUGE, isn't it???

1 minute ago, lu_stgm96 said:

Holy **** this is HUGE, isn't it???

6bbR.gif

It's very promising.  But there is no official word on the India Post Payments Bank using Ripplenet.   

1 minute ago, Simoun said:

It's very promising.  But there is no official word on the India Post Payments Bank using Ripplenet.   

But some hints are given right?

1 . A. Birlas statement about India

2. UPU (still speculation but the dots are connecting from time to time)

The XRP Community is unbelievable! But I'm sure there's still so much going on behind the scenes no one from us knows about.

2 minutes ago, lu_stgm96 said:

But some hints are given right?

1 . A. Birlas statement about India

2. UPU (still speculation but the dots are connecting from time to time)

The XRP Community is unbelievable! But I'm sure there's still so much going on behind the scenes no one from us knows about.

Yes.  The Universal Postal Union would be a coup, given that the plan is to link all of India's post office branches to the IPPB in 5 months to provide digital banking services across the country.  

26 minutes ago, Simoun said:

India Post Payments Bank's core software is Infosys Finacle, and it's not too hard to see that Infosys is very aware of Ripple.  If Temenos can hook up its T24 onto Ripplenet, I would speculate that Finacle can do the very same.

Haha love it :) Re Infosys:

And some more India research:

Is it coincidence that Bittrex is releasing XRP/USD pairing in four days time ?  I THINK NOT!

This is some crazy good news. **** will be hitting the fan by end of year.

Edited by retryW

@VanGogh yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2MSgXPL2b8   @03:42

Listen CLOSELY to his words.

"....we listened to OUR CUSTOMERS...."

"....Even large CUSTOMERS...."

"...this WAS the case of AMAZON..." instantly after those words Birla takes a weird pause like "**** I should not have said that yet.."

Warning tinfoil hat: IMHO Amazon and Ripple are working together since the early days of Ripple. But of course its top secret, because Amazon want to be one step ahead to his competitors when it gets official. Anyone who has ever been informed about Amazon and Jeff Bezos and his way of running the business, knows that they are partnering for sure. But this is only  my opinion.

I didn't realize this until this press release, but xRapid is purely dependent on exchanges.  xRapid can only be as successful as their partner exchanges are.

Open question: does xRapid have the ability to utilize multiple exchanges for each individual currency?  (i.e., can it use bitso -OR- bitex to exchange into mexican peso)