XRPforLong

Binance CEO + Michael Arrington Joint Venture

57 minutes ago, XRPforLong said:

Can someone who understands these things better tell me the significance of XRP becoming a base pair at an exchange?

Designation as a base pair at an exchange drives increased demand for that asset.  This is because traders must first obtain the base pair before trading into other assets.

3 hours ago, PriceIsRight said:

Does the fact that his hedge fund holds less then 5% XRP and more in Bitcoin not raise a lot of questions?

not really. many who hold XRP also are long BTC. It's a Hedge fund so they have their own investment theories. They are using XRP the way it is meant to be used, to transfer value quickly. It's great advertising actually, BTC is not good for payments, XRP is.

1 hour ago, Paradox said:

Designation as a base pair at an exchange drives increased demand for that asset.  This is because traders must first obtain the base pair before trading into other assets.

yes, allows value to enter into XRP directly from fiat rather than via another crypto. Also, many deep BTC believes use BTC as their base currency and market their trading success in BTC, the same can happen for XRP if it starts being traded against more pairs.

1 hour ago, cmbartley said:

not really. many who hold XRP also are long BTC. It's a Hedge fund so they have their own investment theories. They are using XRP the way it is meant to be used, to transfer value quickly. It's great advertising actually, BTC is not good for payments, XRP is.

I completely understand about wanting to be diversified  in your portfolio but when you Hedge fund name has a asset that less than 5% of your portfolio holds it could be precieved different ways.

A218A39B-E25B-4AA5-8293-6F50CA026EEC.png

34 minutes ago, PriceIsRight said:

I completely understand about wanting to be diversified  in your portfolio but when you Hedge fund name has a asset that less than 5% of your portfolio holds it could be precieved different ways.

A218A39B-E25B-4AA5-8293-6F50CA026EEC.png

He's provided insight into how his hedge fund works in a number of interviews.  XRP is one of many investment holdings, albeit a significantly smaller position than others, but still a holding.  The real power of XRP for Arrington Capital is in the speed at which they can move a multitude of digital assets and/or fiat currencies from a trading standpoint.  They also denominate the portfolio's in XRP's value and pay employee salaries in XRP and possibly profits as well (not 100% certain on the profits / cash out).

So yes they don't specifically target XRP as a large investment option for their hedge fund, but they are using XRP to move value between the many investment holdings of their portfolio and I think that is a very good thing to see from a usability standpoint.  It would be really cool if other hedge funds start to follow the same approach with XRP as they enter the digital assets market over the next couple of years.

@Zedy44 I agree with you 100%, it would be cool to see more hedge funds get involved with XRP.  My point was the optics of his portfolio, if he only needs less than 5% of his portfolio to trade the other 95% can bee taken different ways.  The FUD’ers out and about could spin this in many was.

I'll admit to being surprised the Arrington fund is so low in XRP holdings.  He is a big booster of XRP on Twitter and has his whole fund set up with XRP as the currency....  it does seem odd to me that he feels the other coins are a better bet at the moment.

Perhaps he has a clearer view than me,  and realises that value won't come for a year or two,  and so at this time he is not in....   but that still just seems weird to me.  Zero doubt seems like a foolish way to live....   Nice slogan but bad strategy.   I have the odd doubt,  and this is now one of them.

But I've placed my bet on XRP.  I am willing to just wait till its clear that I was right or wrong.

5 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I'll admit to being surprised the Arrington fund is so low in XRP holdings.  He is a big booster of XRP on Twitter and has his whole fund set up with XRP as the currency....  it does seem odd to me that he feels the other coins are a better bet at the moment.

Perhaps he has a clearer view than me,  and realises that value won't come for a year or two,  and so at this time he is not in....   but that still just seems weird to me.  Zero doubt seems like a foolish way to live....   Nice slogan but bad strategy.   I have the odd doubt,  and this is now one of them.

But I've placed my bet on XRP.  I am willing to just wait till its clear that I was right or wrong.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes. Things like this continuously perpetuating my curiosity:

I think, at least currently,  the key for those involved with XRP in a bigger way than us, retail investors, is framing its utility. However,  I'm still at a loss for a fully cohesive explanation as to why someone in that position would also publicize a smaller holding.