Sign in to follow this  
BarryM17

Mark one down as a winner!!!

27 minutes ago, BarryM17 said:

I know I recently posted "I'm done" giving (XRP on this forum) but that always wasn't the case.

Even though I'm President & CEO of my corporation, technically speaking the Board of Directors are "my" boss.  It's just the way business's work.

So anyhow, we'll call him one of my bosses, considering they could all vote to fire me if they wished to.  He's like the cheapest person I've ever met in my life.  I've been trying to convince him for over a year now to invest in crypto, most notably XRP.

He kind of, sort of follows things, so he's aware of what it is.  On several occasions I've shown him how to set up a wallet address & said that if he followed through with it, I'd send him free XRP (which is again, something I "probably" will never do again on this forum, but this story pre-dates that decison).  Because he's so pre-occupied with work he procrastinated on setting up a wallet forever.  Finally, last month he informed me he actually set up a Toast wallet.  I told him to e-mail me his wallet address (had to show him how to do it) and I sent him 5000 XRP.

Dude calls me like an hour ago and says, "I just noticed XRP is around $0.28, please tell me how to buy more."  This is AWESOME!  Of all the people in the entire world this guy would never do this, yet I walked him through it and he did.

This is the reason I started giving (XRP) in the first place.  To build interest in the asset.  To attract investors.  To educate people on how to do things, like set up a wallet or how to buy, etc..

Great news, IMO.

You’re a very generous person.  Did I mention I’m actually 5000 xrp short of my goal?

5000 XRP to help build a Psychedelic Therapy Center and heal people? Donations towards the dream are accepted!

LOL, j/k. But props for being so willing to bring a friend into the ecosystem. My grandfather always taught me to tip well because the person you tipped might be you're future customer. People need money to spend money. Spreading the love means hopefully that interest grows and then we all benefit!

That's awesome Barry!  If even a massive tightwad is starting to see the value in this, everyone's going to have to.  I hope he's appropriately grateful to you for pointing him in the right direction when those 5k + his investment makes him a boatload of money!

please sir...can you show me how to setup a Toast wallet too? and walk me through the process of getting that h/w wallet address so you can show me how fast XRP is. I was told sending 10000 is not as fast as 5000. please sir, i need to know ?

Edited by orcablue

@BarryM17

Great job! Patience and perseverance always pays off in the end! The xrp ledger is just too fascinating and revolutionary that anyone, if properly introduced, will eventually see the light.

I have converted a few myself! But not with $1000 worth of xrp... more like $5. 

Not sure what this implies.  He knew nothing about it, it's cheap so now hes thinking the price will rise. This will sound rude because there is no tone associated with it, but so what? 

Edit: No I still don't like how it came out haha. All I'm asking is what does this mean to you? 

Edited by DC_Warden

10 hours ago, SomeGuyXRP said:

5000 XRP to help build a Psychedelic Therapy Center and heal people? Donations towards the dream are accepted!

LOL, j/k. But props for being so willing to bring a friend into the ecosystem. My grandfather always taught me to tip well because the person you tipped might be you're future customer. People need money to spend money. Spreading the love means hopefully that interest grows and then we all benefit!

EXACTLY!  That's what it's all about.

4 hours ago, DC_Warden said:

Not sure what this implies.  He knew nothing about it, it's cheap so now hes thinking the price will rise. This will sound rude because there is no tone associated with it, but so what? 

Edit: No I still don't like how it came out haha. All I'm asking is what does this mean to you? 

I'm completely clueless as to what your question specifically is, and I didn't read your post before your edit.

Since I have no idea what-so-ever what you're actually asking me, I'll just say that yes, he knew nothing about it.  Yes, he thinks it's cheap.  Yes, he's done his research and does think the price will rise.  He would NEVER have even known it existed if I hadn't have told him about it over a year ago.  Now he knows about it.  He would NEVER had invested his own money into the asset if I hadn't have shown him how to set up a wallet & sent him XRP.

When he called me last night and I walked him through the buying process, did I say "Caveat emptor?"  Yes.  Did I tell him absolute zero was a possibility?  Yes.  Yet he still made the decision to buy - his choice.

Here's just 1 person that is now part of the ecosystem, to which I take full credit for, and will not feel guilty if it goes to zero, because I strongly cautioned him and he made his own choice.  I'm not a fanboy and I'm not one of those people whom just randomly post, "great time to buy," "it's a sure thing."  I realize zero could happen.  I also happen to believe in the use cases of the asset, so if I inform people (who don't even know it exists) about it, and then they make their own choice to buy, then I believe that helps us all.

Again, unsure of what your question was, but hopefully I've answered it.

Very cool @BarryM17! Sometimes a nudge in the right direction is all it takes. Hopefully this investment pays off for all of us and for those we took the time to educate about this potentially World changing movement. 

Sign in to follow this