LordAMV

Former PayPal CEO on why he thinks bitcoin is going to zero

He came off really poorly if you ask me. Just seemed to be trolling really and protecting his product which crypto essentially kills. If I send someone $1000 worth of XRP to India it's cheaper and faster than anything Paypal will offer. 

Consider the source. The guy looks like he knows the future is coming. 

If Paypal were smart they'd work with XRP to speed things up and bring down costs globally. 

21 minutes ago, LordAMV said:

Not sure if this was posted earlier, I couldn't find it...he mentions XRP as well...

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/former-paypal-ceo-why-thinks-215500605.html

Good find.. yes posted numerous times... I especially enjoy how he accidentally mentions "XRP"... almost like a freudian slip as you know he studied it (and is upset XRP denied his request for partnership), yet doesn't pertain to the negative light he is correctly shedding on BTC.... Oh boy, thank you!!! I am all in!!! XRP!

Keep digging up the one day old stuff... some of us miss it!

21 minutes ago, YourAverageJoseph said:

He came off really poorly if you ask me. Just seemed to be trolling really and protecting his product which crypto essentially kills. If I send someone $1000 worth of XRP to India it's cheaper and faster than anything Paypal will offer. 

Consider the source. The guy looks like he knows the future is coming. 

If Paypal were smart they'd work with XRP to speed things up and bring down costs globally. 

I agree - to me he came off as a smug know-it-all.  The only thing that leaves doubt to me, is that Paypal isn't his product any more as he's the former CEO.  Of course he could still have a vested interest in it.

Very clear that he knew to specifically mention XRP and not Ripple - so he has definitely researched things.  

I find it slightly frustrating that nobody on that panel was able to point out the actual use cases, like fiat to fiat conversion, micropayments, machine to machine payments, etc? Anyone who has researched this even slightly knows that it's not an efficient domestic payment solution. But there are other use cases and nobody was able to point those out. And the one guy from CNBC kept saying that somehow they would improve the 7 transactions per second? What? sure, if you fork the network. Come on guys....you can do better than this. 

1 hour ago, Hodlezerper said:

I find it slightly frustrating that nobody on that panel was able to point out the actual use cases, like fiat to fiat conversion, micropayments, machine to machine payments, etc? Anyone who has researched this even slightly knows that it's not an efficient domestic payment solution. But there are other use cases and nobody was able to point those out. And the one guy from CNBC kept saying that somehow they would improve the 7 transactions per second? What? sure, if you fork the network. Come on guys....you can do better than this. 

Exactly!  I was thinking the same thing while watching this.  

It's also endlessly frustrating that they seem to not clearly differentiate between Bitcoin and digital assets like XRP.  They kind of half-assed a differentiation, but it was pathetic.  I wish for once we could have someone who knew what they were talking about on one of these panels.

Imagine how David Schwartz or Chris Larsen could have responded, for instance.  It would have calmly and concisely blown apart everything that guy was spouting. 

He is an online payments manager of course he doesn't like bitcoin or anything related. He brings up xrp. Didn't say much. But he has a clear biased against cryptocurrencies 

Paypal, like the company who has still not addressed their SSL cert and Google Chrome's compatibility? The whole tech industry knew we had to update our certs to not use symantec anymore... yet like all other things, Paypal is WAAAAY behind. This will cost them a lot of money if they don't fix it within a month. Let's listen to their former CEO who most likely stands to lose out on a lot of money when blockchain takes over. He is possibly causing FUD to then buy up crypto even cheaper.

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 1.23.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 1.23.20 PM.png

I believe 95 percent what Bill Harris said except for his opinion on people won't use XRP. I too believe Bitcoin is a dying technology. Like the Napster of music download clients. However, the overall angle I got from the video was he was a firm believer that an alternate Fin-Tech Crypto will be very successful in doing what Bitcoin can't. Hello!!!  To me that spells XRP! This video IMO was totally supporting "The Internet of Value"  XRP and the future direction of crypto.

Bill Harris I salute you - I HODL XRP !

Edited by Scout

49 minutes ago, Dirty_Sanchez said:

Paypal, like the company who has still not addressed their SSL cert and Google Chrome's compatibility? The whole tech industry knew we had to update our certs to not use symantec anymore... yet like all other things, Paypal is WAAAAY behind. This will cost them a lot of money if they don't fix it within a month. Let's listen to their former CEO who most likely stands to lose out on a lot of money when blockchain takes over. He is possibly causing FUD to then buy up crypto even cheaper.

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 1.23.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 1.23.20 PM.png

Paypal's SLL cert looks fine on my end on Chrome.

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 11.15.59 AM.png

Anyone that worked 25 years in fintech  and can't see the innovation of a decentralized counterparty free asset that can be sent anywhere across the world in three seconds, without anyone's permission, is either lying or uninformed.  He claims we already have digital cash: the USD. That's simply not true. Only crypto can provide the two essential properties of real cash: no permission needed from a third party for transfer of ownership, instant settlement.

Please remember, this is CEO that thought it was a good idea to block donations to Wikileaks. Which was totally unacceptable. That was my reason to jump into crypto with both feet.