Sign in to follow this  
knoxy

Large green node over SBI now gone.

A week ago a large green node on the current version sparked up over SBI in Japan, right on top of the current smaller red one. Today it is gone again, anyone find this strange? Any ideas what might have caused them to open a new node then drop it and go back to an older one?

2 minutes ago, keybordem said:

Was the node ever linked to SBI or just a dot over Tokyo? Anyone can run a node and XRP is/was popular in Japan. 

Yes fair comment but it was a very large active node, and being the only ones in Japan running, right where SBI is located just seems an easy conclusion imo. Regardless however, why close it a week later then?

With the nodes I don't think there's any sort of commitment to keep them going unlike validators. Could be just an invester thats closed shop with the recent mini crash, moved, didn't pay the bills. 

To be fair all things SBI seem to be a black hole of information on all fronts. There doesn't seem to be a single reliable source for good data or information. Could be good or bad I guess. SBI owns what 12% stake of Ripple? I see SBIVC running a validator more than just a node to be honest. 

Edited by keybordem

12 minutes ago, knoxy said:

Yes fair comment but it was a very large active node, and being the only ones in Japan running, right where SBI is located just seems an easy conclusion imo. Regardless however, why close it a week later then?

Nobody knows what is going on with SBI VC at the moment. Ripple and SBI have been very silent. They even removed JPY from xrp charts. Don't know why..

It is really mysterious in that there isn't even any bland pablum pr release about what is happening.  Usually that's done out of courtesy just to stick in people's eyes and ears.  Don't think there's anything nefarious about it, but it just adds to the intrigue of all this.   They keep us sleuthing! 

Edited by xrphilosophy

2 hours ago, mr_lazy85 said:

Nobody knows what is going on with SBI VC at the moment. Ripple and SBI have been very silent. They even removed JPY from xrp charts. Don't know why..

38 minutes ago, panmores said:

And of course no SBI VC APIs... puzzling, their behavior, to say the least.

Yes it is weird I agree but it was the community not Ripple or SBI promising anything in relation to price or what was getting rolled out beyond a basic exchange initially. 

The most logical things I can think of is they are running on a test/live sandbox environment with XRP products and want to mask the test either to hide some failure in operation/unexpected price fluctuations  or to limit speculation from the outside since by nature everything would be transparent on ledger before the rest of their ducks are in a row on their road map. From what is known SBI is looking to leverage XRP in a variety of products and might want to make sure everythings working correctly before a big announcement?

The SBI hype I think has been a mixture of people confusing xrp buying/holding with Xrapid going live for cross-border payments in the Asian region. We know they can run in a test environment for volume and all those customers buying could just be buying IOUs right now off ledger to be credited later like a private exchange while the eyes that be monitor the slow rollout. I'd assume customers are buying lots if they really are overwhelmed with registrations and there was demand to expand who could register.

Follow this Twitter to get snapshots of SBIVC. Currently, it's the best I can find. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/sbivc_official

Aug. 13

Market information (compared to last week)

XRP / JPY: 33.6 (↓ 31.98%)
BCH / JPY: 63,447 (↓ 20.37%)
BTC / JPY: 703, 185 (↓ 11.44%)
※ It is a median value of the reference price of VCTRADE around 12 o'clock August 13.

Edited by LordVetinari

53 minutes ago, Zerptime said:

I'll wait for more details on this,

Yeah that's me too...    I did have hopes for a SBI kick,  but even if that doesn't eventuate I'm sure it's an important piece to put into play and ultimately its value will add to XRP.

Right now I have no idea what is happening,  but clamouring for info seems unlikely to be useful.  I'm sure it will all come clear eventually.

6 hours ago, mr_lazy85 said:

4 hours ago, panmores said:

And of course no SBI VC APIs... puzzling, their behavior, to say the least.

Maybe so they really can make what the CEO said in regards to SBI VC a reality:

"When we do it, it will be number one in the blink of an eye..."

9 minutes ago, retryW said:

Maybe so they really can make what the CEO said in regards to SBI VC a reality:

"When we do it, it will be number one in the blink of an eye..."

I feel like you might be on to something

???

Sign in to follow this