Jump to content
pucksterpete

RIPPLE (XRP) ANALYST REPORT AUG 2018

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, xrphilosophy said:

I like the report, but who puts this out?  At the end- "this report is not meant to be investment advice".  So what is it then?

A deliberate discussion about an asset that people are investing in and potential outcome so no investment advice at all :P

Are people keep disclaiming to avoid suits of people who make their own decisions and then blame others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

At the end- "this report is not meant to be investment advice".  So what is it then?

That's just CYA.  Everyone has to put it out there or some idiot will sue them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pucksterpete said:

we believe that Ripple is a promising investment opportunity. At a current rate of $0.30 per XRP, this may be similar to the early days of bitcoin, where early adopters were rewarded handsomely as the price of bitcoin rose to nearly $3,000

I wasn't following bitcoin back then, but bitcoin moved from around $1 to $32 before retracing all the way back to $2.  A similar retracement for xrp based on a $3.50 high is just under 22 cents.  Owning digital assets is not for the faint of heart - the moves are breathtaking both up and down.  But it seems like this could be a good time to add or buy for those looking to do so ("when there's blood in the streets" - Warren Buffett).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pucksterpete said:

Source "crypto Eri"

 

 

Blimey, a very well written and researched piece. If it wasn't for a few basic errors  I might have thought it had been secretly written by Ripple. 

So rare for this ecosystem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Alluvial said:

I wasn't following bitcoin back then, but bitcoin moved from around $1 to $32 before retracing all the way back to $2.  A similar retracement for xrp based on a $3.50 high is just under 22 cents.  Owning digital assets is not for the faint of heart - the moves are breathtaking both up and down.  But it seems like this could be a good time to add or buy for those looking to do so ("when there's blood in the streets" - Warren Buffett).

around the time of the mt gox hack it went from $0.10 in 25 Oct 2015, to over $20 by 13 Jun 2011 before heading back down to around $2 in November same year 

pretty crazy but we gotta remember the market was anarchic then and based around 1 or 2 sketchy exchanges and dodgy dealings (even by today's standards!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, XRPHornets said:

Blimey, a very well written and researched piece. If it wasn't for a few basic errors  I might have thought it had been secretly written by Ripple. 

So rare for this ecosystem.

I’m Going to have to read it now, can’t work out if you bring sarcastic or not! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xrphilosophy said:

I like the report, but who puts this out?  At the end- "this report is not meant to be investment advice".  So what is it then?

Thats a legal disclaimer. Of course it's meant as investment advice.

Nice report!

It misrepresents the VISA tps. Visa does not settle 47,000 transaction per second, as settlement op payments take place in large batches (your montly VISA bill). XRP actually settles payments, and consumer payments would not take place directly on the ledger but will similar to how VISA works, be batched in secondary layers operated by payment providers, recording transactions in their own databases, optionally using XRP PayChan for zero counterparty risk, thus enabling a transaction capacity that exceeds VISA's by a magnitude.

Therefore, no major upgrade is needed before major payment processors can use it, the current 1500 tx/sec can run the show easily. Nevertheless, the upcoming cobalt upgrade is expected to extend that capacity considerably, and will be ready next year, way before any limits are hit.

Edited by lucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alluvial said:

But it seems like this could be a good time to add or buy for those looking to do so ("when there's blood in the streets" - Warren Buffett).

I like how when XRP was @2$, people were saying: "damn I wish I could buy @0.5$", then XRP falls at 0.5$ and everyone is sh!tting in their pants and not buying :) .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×