Zareh

Response from SEC

so SEC is the governing authority but is unable to distinguish a commodity from a security in this case. How long have digital assets been around, and how long more does SEC require to make a decision? 

Maybe they should explain why this is taking so long.

Edited by orcablue

So in summary, they are saying nothing and they only have a bit of clue how to deal with ICOs.. I don't expect any final decision from them until the end of the year (at least) as it seems they have no idea how to tackle this. 

1 minute ago, Trickery said:

So BTC and ETH could still be deemed securities?

So whyTF is XRP being singled out by crypto- dare I say it-journalists?

Rumor works very well in this kind of (volatile) environment..

15 minutes ago, Trickery said:

Because it's "premined" (I hate this terminology).

BTC and ETH are in control of none. XRP (but also STR and other coins out there) are mainly in control of a single company/entity.

4 minutes ago, tulo said:

Because it's "premined" (I hate this terminology).

BTC and ETH are in control of none. XRP (but also STR and other coins out there) are mainly in control of a single company/entity.

Isn't around 50% of BTC being mined/controlled by 2-3 mining pools though. One could argue that the founders/owners of those pools are in control of majority of BTC.

Edited by iLeeT

16 minutes ago, Trickery said:

So BTC and ETH could still be deemed securities?

There are many things about the crypto sphere that are odd. Crypto does not exist in a vacuum and potentially effect many aspects of everyday life.

Here are some techniques that could be used by actors whom have and interest in the outcome/s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-Six_Stratagems

You will obviously need to get creative with your thinking to see how these could be applied in modern society. Plans within plans

Enjoy!

Thanks! Media tells people whatever they want :)

1 hour ago, Zareh said:

processes many comments from individual investors and others. We keep records of the correspondence we receive in a searchable database that SEC staff may make use of in inspections, examinations, and investigations.

Jeez it's almost like they are kind of warning you not to bother them because they might use it against you later.  I know that's not the actual case for you but it's a bit of a chilling thing to place in a reply.   You can of course read it another way...  that your comments are useful and may be referred to later but the chilling one seems more likely.  :) 

Ya gotta love government departments and their gentle dealings with the un-powerful....     

4 hours ago, Zareh said:

Hi guys, I just want to share response from SEC regarding to my questions about XRP.(Why SEC sided with top two crypto and declared them non security  but did nothing about XRP and the others?)

Thanks for trying 

Edited by Global
shortened the quote