Sign in to follow this  
Still1

Weiss Ratings Sees XRP as the Ideal Base Cryptocurrency for Binance

https://sludgefeed.com/weiss-ratings-sees-xrp-as-ideal-base-cryptocurrency-for-binance/

Weiss Ratings, an independent rating firm for stocks, mutual funds, cryptocurrencies, ETFs and financial institutions, stated last week that it believes Ripple’s XRP is the fastest cryptocurrency for transferring funds between exchanges, and the ideal base currency for Binance, the world’s most popular exchange

Both articles, while positive on XRP, feel worse than clickbait...it almost hurts to see WEISS being used a credible point of view.

Yes, it would be fantastic to have XRP as a base on more exchanges; having bitcoin as a base on so many of them is one of the main reasons it continues to hold dominance, and XRP is obviously the better choice for speed alone. But producing articles because of some comment from WEISS and a few twitter users? Journalism at it's poorest.

I posted this on ealrier on the Zerpening and I would love for this to happen. However, I have a feeling that using XRP as a base currency on their exchange would be highly unlikely. Simply because they are killing it right now with their Binance Coin(BNB). Adding XRP as a base currency would negatively effect BNB volume and use. I doubt that they would shoot themselves in the foot like this, IMHO. I would freaking love to see it though. What do you all think about this? BNB is their cash cow. I have a feeling that they are laughing their a$$es off with the suggestion of adding XRP as a base currency considering its speed and low cost. 

The idea itself is not far fetched, but the current articles and even Emi's retweet are baseless. Articles on peoples wishes (and Weiss tweets) only serve to let the community down if the outcome is that a company (Binance) need to come out and say they are not adding it at this stage. 

It's a similar vein to coinbase; the community tweets and tweets that coinbase should add XRP, websites start writing articles on it, something get's taken out of context or made up and the tweeting morphs into they will add XRP - everyone gets hyped. Then CB come out and say they are not adding it, and it's seen as a negative and the price drops. 

Anyone can comment and wish for what they want. But people who write articles should have some standard of checking potential fact from current fiction. As to the question by @yxxyun, if they make a statement in the negative it could either do nothing, or be perfect fodder for big players to push the price down a little lower.

2 hours ago, Gangus said:

I posted this on ealrier on the Zerpening and I would love for this to happen. However, I have a feeling that using XRP as a base currency on their exchange would be highly unlikely. Simply because they are killing it right now with their Binance Coin(BNB). Adding XRP as a base currency would negatively effect BNB volume and use. I doubt that they would shoot themselves in the foot like this, IMHO. I would freaking love to see it though. What do you all think about this? BNB is their cash cow. I have a feeling that they are laughing their a$$es off with the suggestion of adding XRP as a base currency considering its speed and low cost. 

Yeah but isn't the BNB coins use just a way of reducing the users fees & for binance to charge a fee for using their page & doing any trades, wouldn't be affected by doing exchanges in different currencies? Their fee would remain the same as a %age of the trade?

4 hours ago, yxxyun said:

What will happen if Binance refuse this request?

I guess it would be as if nothing happened at all.

... and if what you are getting at is that it could make the price drop further...

I can only answer in what I believe is happening.. and would further be happening.. and yes I am biased.. but confident....

the explosion upward will indeed be more powerful and more violent... we shall wait and see... but we musn't forget.... nobody is here!

Edited by EcneitapLatnem
I'm not just sarcastic.. but I'm also uninformed!

3 hours ago, WorldXRP said:

The idea itself is not far fetched, but the current articles and even Emi's retweet are baseless. Articles on peoples wishes (and Weiss tweets) only serve to let the community down if the outcome is that a company (Binance) need to come out and say they are not adding it at this stage. 

It's a similar vein to coinbase; the community tweets and tweets that coinbase should add XRP, websites start writing articles on it, something get's taken out of context or made up and the tweeting morphs into they will add XRP - everyone gets hyped. Then CB come out and say they are not adding it, and it's seen as a negative and the price drops. 

Anyone can comment and wish for what they want. But people who write articles should have some standard of checking potential fact from current fiction. As to the question by @yxxyun, if they make a statement in the negative it could either do nothing, or be perfect fodder for big players to push the price down a little lower.

Do agree. If something annoys me more then FUD, it is definitely baseless  FOMO...

14 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Do agree. If something annoys me more then FUD, it is definitely baseless  FOMO...

Me too! Guys... Moon incoming!!! 

Get it while you can, cuz there aren't many left.... I bought almost all in available escrow this month!!!!!

Sign in to follow this