JoelQuinn

2018 Citi Digital Money Symposium - Marcus Treacher - Global Head of Strategic Accounts at Ripple

2 hours ago, Hodlezerper said:

https://www.citi.com/commercialbank/insights/assets/docs/2018/The-Bank-of-the-Future/files/assets/common/downloads/The Bank of the Future.pdf

Citi says it doubts XRP will be used by banks as a settlement asset due to centralization. 

Page 104

Wow, Citi als states that XRP was “created by Ripple”. Can these people not do simple research? Things like that completely make me speculate the credibility of the paper. Is all of the info correct? It just some of it? Either way, XRP is a long play - banks move slower than anything else. Trust the tech

I believe Citi is one of the correspondent banks which profit enormously by brokering international money transfers for the smaller banks. This indeed makes xrp the RobinHood of the correspondent group of banks, and it makes sense that they wouldn't support it.

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

has Merrill lynch been confirmed as a Ripple customer before? I almost missed it being dropped just after the 2:30 mark

Yes, for some years. They're a member of Ripple's Global Payments Steering Group that is building the rulebook for RippleNet.

3 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Yes, for some years. They're a member of Ripple's Global Payments Steering Group that is building the rulebook for RippleNet.

They are definitely a kind of "under the radar" partner. They are very tight lipped it seems since we don't get much news out of that relationship. Very assuring though that they are a verified partnership!