spiras

What if...

16 minutes ago, spiras said:

All I ask is that if you want to be negative and create a 'sky is falling' what if scenario, you start a new thread for that. 

But it IS falling. Collapsing, actually. Oh, you weren't referring to Skycoin. My bad.

Joking aside, Ripple has a great team; and XRP has incredible potential. I'll start to worry only when Brad Garlinghouse gets kidnapped or David Schwartz gets beaten like a rented mule (or at least claims to have been).

At this stage, anything is within the realm of possibility. 

I do believe that Ripple’s silence speaks volumes and I do believe that those who can’t think outside of the box are the ones who will end up on the wrong side of history. 

I would rather have faith in something coming to fruition and end up with nothing, than to abandon hope and realize after it was too late to do anything about it. 

Edited by Guest
Grammar

Very interesting.

The only objection I can come up with, aside from the obvious that you mentioned, would be the possibility of the IMF or some other entity insisting on the elimination of all XRP not used for 'its' purposes.  Which would obviously be a disappointment for us; completely understanding that you did not want anything negative. 

3 hours ago, Tyrell said:

Very interesting.

The only objection I can come up with, aside from the obvious that you mentioned, would be the possibility of the IMF or some other entity insisting on the elimination of all XRP not used for 'its' purposes.  Which would obviously be a disappointment for us; completely understanding that you did not want anything negative. 

Yes.  I wondered about that, too.  I could see a scenario where exchanges are forced to liquidate their XRP stash to a government (or IMF) at market value.  Let's say market value at the time is 50 cents.  Then the exchange hands out the 'market value' to all clients that it had to sell the XRP out from under.  No harm, no foul, right?  They gave you market value (at the time).

Now you have no zerps, but, instead, the cash value, with a very sincere apology.

This type of scenario is one reason why you might consider holding (controlling) your own assets through a cold wallet like ledger S.  

Thanks for the comment, I honestly appreciate constructive counterpoints.  I just know there are a lot of people on here who love to play contrairian, sidetrack discussion, and, in general, just aggravate others.

With the obvious exception of @BeSeriousXRPabove, I appreciate that everyone else has respected this topic and my request. 

Edited by spiras