2ndtimearound

My Theory on the Bear Market and Recent Price Crash

11 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Well, if it DOES come around again, then I'm happy to do this cycle every year.  Can't wait to sell in Jan 2019 and load up after that again!

Me too. But my inner feeling tells me not this year. In fact I think this year will be the opposite..............

2 hours ago, RDS said:

Regardless of what happens, facts are....

1. Worst case we can go down from here is 30 cents.
  2. Best case, there is no limit on how many times xrp can go up by. lol ;)

We will probably see $.25.

18 minutes ago, Loki said:

We will probably see $.25.

#0doubt :boredom:

3 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

I'm thinking that in spite of what is happening right now,  this year will be good.  Earlier I predicted $5 to $20 by year end.  I still think that's a fair estimate.

I'm basing it on the fact that Brad says a bank will be in XRapid production this year.  If that happens on top of all the good news like GDEX base currency is XRP etc,  then I think that all this fear and doom and gloom will evaporate and it will be fomo time again.

Nobody that I know of can say for sure what production usage of XRP will do to price.  There are some sensible predictions based on good guesses that it will lift price.  Others say it's neutral but volume will increase demand.  Dunno for sure.  But if it does point to a lifting trend....    then this gloom goes away like morning fog.  Just my two drops worth.

"Earlier I predicted $5 to $20 by year end.  I still think that's a fair estimate." Seriously ? 1 bank isn't enough and those small exchanges with XRP as base pair are not a big deal. Get Binance to use XRP as a base pair that's gonna be a big deal but this low volume exchanges won't do anything.

4 hours ago, ripplewaytogo said:

I am sure I have heard this one before, oh wait! It was Jan this year!

to be fair he has coupled his/her prediction with information about exchanges stocking up.

I think the statement "today's price is utterly arbitrary and meaningless" is spot on.  At some point this phase will finish and  prices will begin to reflect events in the real the real world and then we will find out what the real price of XRP is.  Until this happens prices are simply arbitrary.

My theory on the recent downturn: much of the initial volume during the drop was through BTC/QC (QCash) trading.

IIRC, this is a Chinese exchange that just opened? 

My guess is that while cryptocurrency was verboten in China, the Chinese population was still speculating in it anyway. But with no way to cash out, they had to wait until an exchange opened.

So this could be pent up sell pressure from government legislation getting rolled back.

26 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

My theory on the recent downturn: much of the initial volume during the drop was through BTC/QC (QCash) trading.

IIRC, this is a Chinese exchange that just opened? 

My guess is that while cryptocurrency was verboten in China, the Chinese population was still speculating in it anyway. But with no way to cash out, they had to wait until an exchange opened.

So this could be pent up sell pressure from government legislation getting rolled back.

Big mining companies sell BTC to big buyers out of China. Hard wallet or send to one bigass buyer wallet. No exchange used. So, only a part is correct. Where BTC is as usual tanking the market 

5 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

It's interesting that in the last few days, there's been a LOT of big buys of XRP : https://twitter.com/xrpl_monitor?lang=en

Interestingly, Bitstamp and Bitfinex buying 10,000,000+ XRP

Also from the XRP II wallet there's been $20M worth of XRP sent in just the last few days : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Swm7U2VyQs&t=36

Bear in mind that $73M of XRP was sold throughout the entire Q2. 

I am also seeing that IOTA, VET and ICX's prices are falling faster than other cryptos in this time (as is XRP). 

OK, my theory: big business have targeted particular cryptos they want to load up on and they are ensuring their prices are manipulated downward in good fashion.  XRP is being bought like crazy like right now. NOT ON EXCHANGES of course, but OTC (my supposition here) and from Ripple directly (via XRP II wallet).  

Bitstamp and Bitfinex have ordered big amounts suggesting they might be anticipating a bull-run on XRP and they want to make sure they have enough.

Things are looking extremely good from my point of view here.  I continue to buy daily, and I am just glad I can put in those small daily buys.  Can't wait for the helium injection from the big boys. 

Final thought: do not worry people.  If you hold, today's price is utterly arbitrary and meaningless.  It means nothing at all.  It's just that the elevator was called down by the big boys.  You're still sitting pretty.  If you can buy, then you really should buy - even small amounts.  This opportunity will not come around again. 

Serious question. Please excuse me for being a bit thick - but if there is a lot of buying underway why is the price falling?  Someone please help me here!

16 minutes ago, HHamster said:

Serious question. Please excuse me for being a bit thick - but if there is a lot of buying underway why is the price falling?  Someone please help me here!

Your instincts are correct - there is more selling than buying. OP is mostly conjecture and speculation, so, take it for what it is.