kev4022

XRP Needs to refer to somethnig other than Ripple

41 minutes ago, Crypto31 said:

My question was why. If Ripple has brand equity and will continue growing, why would it benefit XRP to totally disassociate?

Totally agree. I think its fine and healthy to have XRP associated with Ripple as it is. Creates a solid brand and brand is king. 

Edited by Palerider

2 hours ago, Palerider said:

Totally agree. I think its fine and healthy to have XRP associated with Ripple as it is. Creates a solid brand and brand is king. 

Agree, from XRP's point of view, but Ripple have the securities issue at the moment. Hopefully after XRP is declared not a security, it can relax a bit.

When XRP becomes the standard, you'll be able to make it rain, Drops!       There are plenty of terms that are water-related that could be adopted in the future.  For example, we call a $100 bill a Benjamin or a C-note.  Perhaps in the future, we will refer to 100 drops as a curler or a chute or an eddy. etc

Edited by tmorand

If the securities thing is still an issue (behind closed doors, I don't think it is) name association is not going to a part of it. XRP has already undergone a dissociation from Ripple the company and it's been effective.

We now have XRP as XRP and drops as a sub-unit; another change would not be for the better.

17 hours ago, WorldXRP said:

If the securities thing is still an issue (behind closed doors, I don't think it is) name association is not going to a part of it. XRP has already undergone a dissociation from Ripple the company and it's been effective.

We now have XRP as XRP and drops as a sub-unit; another change would not be for the better.

"XRP Fund II, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ripple Labs, was incorporated in South Carolina on July 1, 2013. On July 2, 2014, XRP Fund II changed its name to XRP II, LLC. During a portion of the relevant timeframe, the entity was named XRP Fund II, LLC..."

https://www.fincen.gov/sites/default/files/shared/Ripple_Facts.pdf

Edited by TheXRPer

@TheXRPer XRP II, LLC while a subsidiary, is still a separate legal entity. Other institutions/companies, websites etc. can also incorporate XRP in their name if they wish without XRP itself needing to undergo a name change due to association I.e. arringtonxrpcapital.com