Jackson Palmer's statement

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's just wrong... he shouldn't talk about the posts in the XRP Trading And Price Speculation club that way!

So some idiot called you hurtful names on twitter ! Get over it you baby .

Not sure about payments, but XRP sure is leading the way in crypto transactions... 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

There may have been more transactions at around a price .006 cents per xrp. So the total number of xrp exchanged could be quit high. However daily volume was around 100,000-500,000 dollars. So were 3 xrp are used today for a dollar then it would have been around 166xrp. Also today's daily volume bounces between 200,000,000 and 400,000,000. So I don't think it is a big deal. Also look at how far XRP has come. Look at the supporting community. Also you have had Venture capitalist praise for money transfer, bank involvement, and remittance companies. I would not worry about xrp transaction volume now. I would worry about some technical issue (security, scalability, legislative) that prevents adoption by major players. That is what scares me about all of it. An unknown zero day block chain hack that destroys the tech like luke did to the death star. 

I didn't read everything in your post, but you made a Star Wars reference, so you get a like.

I'm not sure why we should choose to ignore someone that raises intelligent questions.  If you disagree, provide a rebuttal.

Folks may joke about Dogecoin but that doesn't diminish the fact that he created a cryptocurrency in time when crypto wasn't even very popular. 

Is he a genius? probably not.  Does he passionately care about this space and take time to provide (arguably) unbiased research?  Seems like it to me.

If you attack someone purely because you can't bring a counter argument then all it shows is that you're the one who actually lacks intelligence.  True story.

5 minutes ago, aye-epp said:

I'm not sure why we should choose to ignore someone that raises intelligent questions.  If you disagree, provide a rebuttal.

OK then...

What was his reason for making this statement?

Did he provide a comparison to other coins?

Did he differentiate between transactions and value?

Did he compare the sentiment of other crypto communities?

I will stand by my ignore statement.

33 minutes ago, Trickery said:

OK then...

What was his reason for making this statement?

Did he provide a comparison to other coins?

Did he differentiate between transactions and value?

Did he compare the sentiment of other crypto communities?

I will stand by my ignore statement.

Do you think Jackson's claim is false?  I understand the contextual arguments but would enjoy hearing direct disputes to his specific claim. 

Is Ripple processing less payments per day than it was in 2016?

If the answer is Yes, we should accept that as a community and focus more on why.  My point is that people seem to have a huge aversion to an agreement with the opposition.

1 minute ago, aye-epp said:

Do you think Jackson's claim is false?  I understand the contextual arguments but would enjoy hearing direct disputes to his specific claim. 

Is Ripple processing less payments per day than it was in 2016?

If the answer is Yes, we should accept that as a community and focus more on why.  My point is that people seem to have a huge aversion to an agreement with the opposition.

No I don't think his claim is false, the facts speak for themselves, what I dispute is the negative connotations he has applied to the data and question why he has done this? You only need to look at the daily volume charts to see that this is both irrelevant and spiteful spin.

I used to make 3-5 trades a day. Move xrp between exchages for arbitrage. Now I just purchase biweekly or monthly payments and move my xrp into a wallet.

If more people now do the same as me, is that an explanation for his comment? 

And is that a bad thing? 

Why don't you contact him? He is on Twitter and has a public email address inquiries@ummjackson.com.

Why is it that so many people these days won't just contact the person or entity making public statements? Then we can have a real discussion with all the relevant information. 

@kryptoroi Put on your big boy or girl pants and just ask him yourself. And since your okay calling fellow members idiots, stop being a lazy coward and talk to dogboy yourself. 

Edited by Guest
33 minutes ago, Trickery said:

No I don't think his claim is false, the facts speak for themselves, what I dispute is the negative connotations he has applied to the data and question why he has done this? You only need to look at the daily volume charts to see that this is both irrelevant and spiteful spin.

That's fair- there does feel like a bit of conjecture.

I disregard the motive.  However, isn't there a difference between volume and transactions?  I merely ask because I admittedly don't know and am trying to understand the various metrics.  I don't discount any metrics because things should be evaluated on many metrics, not just one.

2 minutes ago, aye-epp said:

However, isn't there a difference between volume and transactions?  I merely ask because I admittedly don't know and am trying to understand the various metrics.  I don't discount any metrics because things should be evaluated on many metrics, not just one.

Basically the higher the value the less transactions because the number of players has not increased at the same rate. In 2016 people were flip flopping between coins trying to catch the next rise but as the value of coins has increased they have become more likely to hold off trading and pick a few favourites so they can sit back and see how it goes.

1 hour ago, aye-epp said:

and further, he's not wrong about the XRP community. It has amazingly passionate and intelligent people but it also has tons of people simply with blinders on with no other argument besides "XRP OR DIE" (see responses in this thread)

He is wrong in singling out the XRP community as I think we can all agree that all of these communities are very similar... the good, the bad and the uglies... we all have them... but to state one is worse than any other... well that borders on all problems of the world in my opinion... but I'm one of the uglies!