1 minute ago, Kalarie said:

What's the old timer's investment club?  And why didn't I get an invite?

Old timers???? I thought he/she meant the Zerpening. A Club full of light hearted people, joking and messing around with gifs and rocket pics, even if XRP is tanking. And sometimes some TA, just to have a good laugh in hindsight. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

XRP was carefully designed and built on a solid technological foundation.   In today's blog, I remind XRP Community members of its humble beginnings, along with providing my own perspective

At least use the correct XRP symbol -1 low effort

Maybe better read the blog first before posting.....

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Old timers???? I thought he/she meant the Zerpening. A Club full of light hearted people, joking and messing around with gifs and rocket pics, even if XRP is tanking. And sometimes some TA, just to have a good laugh in hindsight. 

Maybe that's what they meant, but I thought maybe we were starting a club for seasoned investors.  If we do that let me know lol.

1 hour ago, Benchmark said:

I've been hodling through 90% price drops, that qualifies me as a very skilled and seasoned investor. I basically outperformed nothing, like the pros.

I always hold 95% index funds so that when my 5% works I say "I'm a genius and out performed the market", but if it doesn't work I'm "still really close and better than 90% of pros."

6 hours ago, Staigera said:

I know this is hard to predict for it can go both ways, it could rise to 10 and keep on slowly rising or it could crash back to 5 or lower. I'm just curious for what you think. 

The idea behind utility driven demand is that it will be constant and steady as XRP is used for moving money - the demand in that case *should* be steady, and not react to irrational ups and downs based on trader's emotions and speculation. 

When will that happen?  We're all here to discuss that very topic, and my opinion is no more correct than anybody else's. 

5 hours ago, Staigera said:

Yea i know but i was curious why hodor would say ''crypto market won't be considered 'mature' until it's measured in the trillions, not billions, and that would imply multiple more rallies''.

Even tho Xrapid will be life sooner or later.

The key words in my statement are "crypto market."  I wasn't talking about XRP specifically.  (although that is a fascinating topic in and of itself!)

Edited by Hodor
14 hours ago, Hodor said:

XRP was carefully designed and built on a solid technological foundation.  

valor-kopeny-31405-unsplash_small.jpg.b2ab6059f106db26afa0cb4ea589c3ac.jpg

In today's blog, I remind XRP Community members of its humble beginnings, along with providing my own perspective on the recent crypto market correction.  

Despite the market distraction, progress is marching forward - and quickly: Coil published a guide for those wishing to run their own ILP validator.  

Wietse Wind just published an updated XRPL Development Dashboard for fellow community developers, and Ripple just updated the default UNL with another non-Ripple validator, edging *very* close to sub-50% dominance of the recommended UNL List.

Bittrex adds direct USD fiat pairings to XRP on its platform, and Coins.ph (Philippines), PayBis, and CryiptoHub all decide to support XRP.  

There's also a great new XRP-related content site that just opened two days ago.  

I hope you enjoy this latest blog: Please leave any feedback below & feel free to share my blog with a friend - or on any other platform; and thank you for doing so!  :thank_you2:

Thank you for the update @Hodor. Very well written, as always. And I am OOL.

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Hodor said:

If I had any talent as a TA, you'd already know about it.  ?

I recommend you peruse some real TAs.  I think https://ripplecoinnews.com has a section specifically devoted to aggregating TA posts:  https://ripplecoinnews.com/technical-analysis

For as long as I have been in trading, I never met a chartist that is goal driven or makes money of his chart knowledge. All hindsight BS. 

9 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

All hindsight BS. 

Ha!  There is no shortage of "I told you so" posts like that.  However, there are rare instances of folks who, not often, but every once in a while, stick their necks out and give out specific targets of support or resistance.  I know of one or two that I refer to, but they don't make predictions that often - they wait until the evidence is quite clear, and then they chart out numbers to 'look for' and speak in terms of probabilities, not certainties. 

Always be suspicious of those speaking in terms of certainties of specific price levels - IMO they are either long or short already and are just trying to sway other traders. 

Edited by Hodor
3 hours ago, Hodor said:

Ha!  There is no shortage of "I told you so" posts like that.  However, there are rare instances of folks who, not often, but every once in a while, stick their necks out and give out specific targets of support or resistance.  I know of one or two that I refer to, but they don't make predictions that often - they wait until the evidence is quite clear, and then they chart out numbers to 'look for' and speak in terms of probabilities, not certainties. 

Always be suspicious of those speaking in terms of certainties of specific price levels - IMO they are either long or short already and are just trying to sway other traders. 

Chartists who focus on short-term trading, do not take into consideration that limits orders may not get filled and transaction costs.  So it's not that the analysis does not work, it just has no room in the real world by itself. But, the Depth of Market tools is priceless for short term traders and no one ever mentions it. Figures. 

Edited by Spekul8