Chewiecoin

Where Are All the HODLers Now - Ha Ha back at ya FUD Patrol

44 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

If anyone n this forum losing a **** load of money now and comes here just for a positive reinforcement, then he is in the wrong sport. 

Yep that's the truth, I see a lot of people here and in other communities do this, they are just relying on cheerleaders for their trades, it's going to end badly for them

2 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

When I started trading, there was no abundance of chat rooms, forums, etc. As a trader you were alone, and that is when you learn the most about yourself.  You had no one to hold your hand, and the decisions are your own. You live and die by your own logic. It does not mean that you always make the right decisions, but you have the ability to decipher where you make the mistakes. Now, it is 10000X harder to make money because we live in a world of noise. It's like walking in a line between people and everyone yells something else.  

Going against the grain takes a strong conviction and care. I am not here to go against anyone for the sake of it, but rather how I have learned to play ball with the market.  Trading is cold, calculated, and above all exhausting.  If anyone n this forum losing a **** load of money now and comes here just for a positive reinforcement, then he is in the wrong sport. 

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Agree 100% with an amendment – there are (still) places, where you find strictly professional communities with no noise, but lots of practical advice. I had a nice time with S&P500 mini options selling during 2016-2017. Options selling is a tough thing, by the way. AND that great place is forum futures.io, where I met several unique traders, who freely shared their experience, strategies and actual trades, letting me learn from their decisions. They even shared their worksheets to pre-calculate every trade in Excel based on past data. That's what I regards as the golden standard of being-in-forum.

I have not shorted to bring down my DCA because I trust neither my trading skills/knowledge nor my luck. Additionally, I don't want to get hit by short terms capital gains. I think being patient and resisting FOMO is another means of reducing DCA, albeit a passive one. But it has worked for me.

After January of 2019, I will have been holding for a year, so at that point I would consider more experimentation with "play stack".