If you build it they will come - Institutional money

@slinuxuzer, I understand that ICE intends on handling its BTC futures in November.  I wasn't aware that they are still waiting for regulatory approval.  In any case, this would have more of a direct and pronounced effect on the spot price, because up until now it has all been cash settled, as you said, yes?

On another point, this digital warehouse seems like a huge collection of cold wallets, for which ICE would be holding all the private keys.  This seems like it could be a custody solution for consumers as well, right @ImTheRippler?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to make a post about why I believe institutional money is preparing to enter the crypto market this year. In December of 2017 over a number of weeks we experienced a major run up across

Testing...... Yep, I'm ready!

I think this is a fair assessment. Custody solutions, greater diversity of financial instruments, regulatory clarity, and a significant increase in overall market liquidity are all required before

Posted Images

12 hours ago, rswarthout said:

Custody solutions are very important for the average mom and pop investor. Imagine how much of a pain the stock market would be if you had to keep your stock certificates?!

Good point, some services already offer cold storage to retail investors, hopefully BAAKT will also.

18 hours ago, Simoun said:

This seems like it could be a custody solution for consumers as well, right @ImTheRippler?

If people are to hold their crypto rather than just cashing out there needs to be interest rates for keeping it in their custody. If we moon I'm trying to set things up where I can get paid monthly off interest from my XRP rather than cashing out to fiat to accomplish that.

16 minutes ago, ImTheRippler said:

If people are to hold their crypto rather than just cashing out there needs to be interest rates for keeping it in their custody. If we moon I'm trying to set things up where I can get paid monthly off interest from my XRP rather than cashing out to fiat to accomplish that.

I imagine an interest-earning crypto savings account might work if volatility becomes less of an issue.  Looks like there's at least one project now, TokenUnion, that is ERC20-based.  In general, I'm not so ready to trust an entity to borrow my crypto.  But perhaps that will only be a matter of time.

On 8/8/2018 at 3:31 AM, Karl said:

However, SEC is the FUD spreader #1 and the cause for many losses. Who protects the honest, tax-paying investors from ridiculous SEC decision?

Its pretty obvious the SEC is waiting to regulate the markets for some reason, my personal opinion is we'll see a "Crypto Judgement day" where they'll announce what the rules are along with many other things. If you remember the online poker scene and what happened there, things grew and grew until they couldn't be ignored anymore and one day we woke up to a broad sweeping enforcement action where the main operators were taken down. The situation here will be different, the Government doesn't want to crush this space, but this silence won't last forever. I've thought about writing up my theory, but its such a controversial topic I feel like the thread will get out of hand real quick.

20 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

Its pretty obvious the SEC is waiting to regulate the markets for some reason, my personal opinion is we'll see a "Crypto Judgement day" where they'll announce what the rules are along with many other things. If you remember the online poker scene and what happened there, things grew and grew until they couldn't be ignored anymore and one day we woke up to a broad sweeping enforcement action where the main operators were taken down. The situation here will be different, the Government doesn't want to crush this space, but this silence won't last forever. I've thought about writing up my theory, but its such a controversial topic I feel like the thread will get out of hand real quick.

Who cares what ppl think. If they don't like your opinions or viewpoints then they can leave the thread or provide a rebuttal

24 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

Most people want to hear a well reasoned theory. I suggest that you write it and if after reading it several times and you think it worthy, then post. Don't avoid posting because of possible controversy - if we get a good debate, then so much the better

Just now, mistatee2000 said:

Most people want to hear a well reasoned theory. I suggest that you write it and if after reading it several times and you think it worthy, then post. Don't avoid posting because of possible controversy - if we get a good debate, then so much the better

You guys bring a good point, and I think I will actually write it up and we'll see what the response is, I'm just cautious about rattling the cage right now, seems the entire crypto space is on edge.

3 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

You guys bring a good point, and I think I will actually write it up and we'll see what the response is, I'm just cautious about rattling the cage right now, seems the entire crypto space is on edge.

It is on edge, but I doubt that you will be "crucified" for your thoughts unless they are indeed so extremely controversial and accurate that they might bring everything down around us. In which case you should definitely post

28 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

It is on edge, but I doubt that you will be "crucified" for your thoughts unless they are indeed so extremely controversial and accurate that they might bring everything down around us. In which case you should definitely post

Nah, my theory is really good for XRP BTC ETH, maybe not so good for others, and some it'll be disaster

41 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

You're an anonymous user on an internet forum. You should let it all hang out. Why should you be the only one to restrain yourself? ?

Just now, TheEnd said:

You're an anonymous user on an internet forum. You should let it all hang out. Why should you be the only one to restrain yourself? ?

I'm not exactly anonymous, I've had this handle for a long long time and it'd be pretty easy to track me down, I don't need to be anonymous, I use this handle / persona for my professional life also. 

19 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

I'm not exactly anonymous, I've had this handle for a long long time and it'd be pretty easy to track me down, I don't need to be anonymous, I use this handle / persona for my professional life also. 

So, what you're saying is you need to create an alter-ego who is free to express his thoughts without fear. ?