RDS

you can shop online with xrp on more than 200,000 online shops.

Hi Guys, 

Seems like good things are starting to happen in the background. I just found a tweet from Bitcoin Superstore. 

"Bitcoin Superstore Retweeted

Bitcoin Superstore‏ @BitcoinSuperst1 13h13 hours ago

More

We are excited to announce our acceptance of #Ripple! Customers can now buy from nearly any online retailer with Ripple! What does the #XRPCommunity think of our addition?"

Infact they are considering changing names to may be XRPsuperstore ( just guessing about precise name as per their tweet ..lol )

"Bitcoin Superstore‏ @BitcoinSuperst1 3h3 hours ago

More

May have to change our name and logo if all this love continues!"

It does seem a bit of a con.

Are they not just ordering the items for you with fiat, you give them an appreciating asset and they use a depreciating currency. Seems odd

Just now, ringer2 said:

If you believe that XRP is a good investment, then you should never ever use it for retail purchases. It is the equivalent to selling an appreciating asset.

i know what you mean bro but usability brings more demand as people start seeing the benefits which means better prices as people who like it start holding it. Its the same thing that happened with Bitcoin in the begining. 

1 minute ago, ringer2 said:

If you believe that XRP is a good investment, then you should never ever use it for retail purchases. It is the equivalent to selling an appreciating asset.

That is true, but knowing that for future reference that instead of cashing out you can spend it instead. This really is great. We do want xrp to be able to be used in retail when the time comes to start using it

Just now, RDS said:

i know what you mean bro but usability brings more demand as people start seeing the benefits which means better prices as people who like it start holding it. Its the same thing that happened with Bitcoin in the begining. 

That’s fine. But let the other people do it.

Just now, Trusty-X said:

It does seem a bit of a con.

Are they not just ordering the items for you with fiat, you give them an appreciating asset and they use a depreciating currency. Seems odd

i am not sure if I will sell my Xrp for shopping as well but i still like the tweet because.

1. its good publicity at the moment
  2. users will be able to compare btc speed vs xrp speed and then would help getting more and more people shifting from btc to xrp
  3. it shows shft of businesses from btc to xrp as they are looking for alternties so decoupling is on the cards.
  4. 200k shops are not bad as a number 

Just now, ringer2 said:

That’s fine. But let the other people do it.

It depends, afterall the whole purpose in the end is to transact quickly, not speculation right.. ? that doesnt mean that we are gonna sell every xrp in holding but in the end if its not usable it cant stay up for long. 

1 minute ago, RDS said:

It depends, afterall the whole purpose in the end is to transact quickly, not speculation right.. ? that doesnt mean that we are gonna sell every xrp in holding but in the end if its not usable it cant stay up for long. 

My point is to make a profit. What retail purchase am I making that already does not transact quickly enough for me? I really don’t see a retail future for XRP. It wasn’t designed for that. 

The tax laws in New Zealand let you use crypto for its intended purpose but if you exchange it for another crypto or fiat you have to pay tax, so this goes a long way towards letting me keep all the profits. Can you buy a Lambo online?

Edited by Trickery
Appalling grammar

10 hours ago, ringer2 said:

My point is to make a profit. What retail purchase am I making that already does not transact quickly enough for me? I really don’t see a retail future for XRP. It wasn’t designed for that. 

i guess you are looking at things from customers point of view, where as the plan was always for businesses to be able to get the money quickly. When you pay money now, for retail business it takes 24 to 48 hours to get money in their bank account, worse for international settlements. But with xrp they will be able to utilize it straight away, hence banks and merchants start using it in the back ground, which will create the demand hence reduces the supply and affects the price. Thats why Ripple is always after the banks but banks wouldnt use it if there is no retail demand. American express partnership is also going to be somethig similar once they change from Xcurrent to xrapid. American express charges roughly from .85% to 2.5% in some cases for Amex users, and a friend of mine told me that he pays roughly $4k each month in transaction fees alone to card companies for his petrol pump and this $4k each month is what one business can pocket for oneself or passon the savings to customers, and its only one business that can reduce the $48k per annum fee to may be $22k per annum. 

Edited by RDS

9 minutes ago, Trickery said:

The tax laws in New Zealand let you use crypto for its intended purpose but if you exchange it for another crypto or fiat you have to pay tax, so this goes a long way to letting me keep all the profits. Can you by a Lambo online?

Not aware of NZ tax rules bro but I know you guys have max tax of 33% i think which is much better than us Aussies, 47% top tier. 

I am sure you will be able to buy lambo online and if you press hard enough, some dealer may create listing for you. lol 

After all i have heard people have bought jets online.