Does it feel to good to be true.

nicktemple

16 hours ago, nicktemple said:

I have been holding XRP since Aug 2017, since then I have seen the big highs feeling like I am the smartest person in the world, to feeling like man how could have I been so stupid and not sell at ATH.

But I still HODL and keep increasing my holding, to where I will be a millionaire in only double digits.

I strongly believe in XRP and in Ripple on what they are trying to achieve, when looking at other crypto I really don't see the same potential that I do in XRP.

But there is still this voice in the back of my mind saying, it seems to good to be true.

Am I missing something or are we all missing something, I research everyday anything that I can find on XRP and BTC, to see what the market is doing.

This seem too easy, I find it hard not to understand why everyone involved in crypto, are not strongly on the XRP band wagon.

With all the news lately, I feel so confident that we have backed a winner.

It truly feels like we have a winning lotto ticket that we have to wait a few years before we can cash it in.

What worries me is do I have XRP blinders on.

If an XRP forest fire starts will I miss it, cause I would be to busy looking at how awesome the XRP trees are.

Man, you nailed this so good.  

Once in a lifetime opportunity people.  

16 hours ago, nicktemple said:

I have been holding XRP since Aug 2017, since then I have seen the big highs feeling like I am the smartest person in the world, to feeling like man how could have I been so stupid and not sell at ATH.

But I still HODL and keep increasing my holding, to where I will be a millionaire in only double digits.

I strongly believe in XRP and in Ripple on what they are trying to achieve, when looking at other crypto I really don't see the same potential that I do in XRP.

But there is still this voice in the back of my mind saying, it seems to good to be true.

Am I missing something or are we all missing something, I research everyday anything that I can find on XRP and BTC, to see what the market is doing.

This seem too easy, I find it hard not to understand why everyone involved in crypto, are not strongly on the XRP band wagon.

With all the news lately, I feel so confident that we have backed a winner.

It truly feels like we have a winning lotto ticket that we have to wait a few years before we can cash it in.

What worries me is do I have XRP blinders on.

If an XRP forest fire starts will I miss it, cause I would be to busy looking at how awesome the XRP trees are.

Well said!

giphy.gif

To answer the OP, I think that there's a certain amount of risk still with this investment.  In a sense, I am happy that we've had a bear market.  Yes, I can accumulate more, but also it has proven that XRP is a risk.  I like that.  I'm deeply suspicious of anything that seemingly carries little to no risk.  It's also why I have refused to invest in the stock market - which I think is artificially over-heated in the main because people don't know where to put their money so they stuff it into ETFs and whatnot.  IMO, the stock market is absolutely ripe for a huge crash.  XRP on the other hand has been shown to be a risky investment in 2018.  Again, a GOOD THING.  It means we're in at the right time (IMO).  A bear market is like cleaning house.  And if you're still holding an investment that went through a bear market - and it has great potential - you're in a good place. The fundamentals could blow the price past $5, possibly $10.  Possibly way higher.  Or not.  From where I'm standing right now, XRP is beautifully balanced in terms of risk/reward.  It's far from a one-way bet.  However, the potential rewards are huge. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

19 hours ago, Liminarori said:

I'm personally backing XRP because it has a REAL, PROFESSIONAL company behind it. It's tangible, and so is what they're setting out to do.

It's a very optimistic venture, but the only crypto I can currently see having a realistic case for being used in the real world(well alongside one other, but I wont shill).

99% of cryptos are looking to create "solutions" for "problems" that don't exist. They're targeting areas which already work efficiently in the world today, and through less steps than what a crypto would demand. These are all blatant money-grabs with brash marketing.

it is very simple:-

1) What is the team like;
2) What problem does the Company solve;
3) Do they have the product out;
4) Do they have customers / are they profitable;
5) What is their TAM;
6) Are there any other avenues that they may address once they win in their niche;

Now go over the checklist and tell me how many our of 1,600 CMC projects check all the boxes

20 minutes ago, Insoniac said:

I'm personally backing XRP because it has a REAL, PROFESSIONAL company behind it. It's tangible, and so is what they're setting out to do.

IMO this is important in more ways than one since XRP and other assets are open and can be used by any company who has a targeted use case.

Ripple is leading by example, they are building a company that leverages an open asset to solve a problem. Not everyone has to create their own coin to be successful in crypto, in fact its the opposite. 

IMO in the future the biggest crypto companies to come will not be those who create their own coin but those who leverage existing open source tech to save some existing use case tons of money and trouble. Just like the internet.

Ripple is the model of the crypto age, if its to be successful as a technology we will see lots of people follow Ripples formula (and thats a good thing).

Edited by ImTheRippler

IMO this is important in more ways than one since XRP and other assets are open and can be used by any company who has a targeted use case.
Ripple is leading by example, they are building a company that leverages an open asset to solve a problem. Not everyone has to create their own coin to be successful in crypto, in fact its the opposite. 
IMO in the future the biggest crypto companies to come will not be those who create their own coin but those who leverage existing open source tech to save some existing use case tons of money and trouble. Just like the internet.
Ripple is the model of the crypto age, if its to be successful as a technology we will see lots of people follow Ripples formula (and thats a good thing).

So to use an analogy, is Ripple Yahoo when it was 4 years old or Google at 4 years old?

On 8/5/2018 at 11:07 PM, sigmundaas said:

I feel the same way bro.

The more I read about Ripple and XRP, the more certain I become that this is a very solid investment. I feel like either we are idiots in here, or the rest of the world are idiots not to see what is so obvious.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.