Does it feel to good to be true.

nicktemple

2 hours ago, WuWei said:

FWIW, I believe that we're early to the party - 

I hate hearing this.  The whole party thinks they are "early to the party."

You know what was the most discussed topic at thanksgiving dinners across America last year? Crypto.

Wanna know when you're early to the party? When people think you're a crazy hippie because it's 2013 (or prior)and you are telling everyone how this digital "thing" is going to replace money. 

4 minutes ago, EasterBunny said:

I'm guessing the results are normalized per capita. If an extra 10-20 people from MT search for 'buy xrp' it has a more measurable impact than the same number of people from CA.

Haha... that may have been an overstated guess.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2018-02-05 2018-08-05&geo=US-MT&q=buy ripple,buy bitcoin,buy xrp,buy btc

You can drill into the state data and see the search history is quantized over time. I see 2 searches for 'buy xrp' from montana in the last 6 months? I wonder if anyone can get actual search volume for these terms instead of indexed(%) data.

7 hours ago, Liminarori said:

Prod around a bit in the sub-reddits of a few other cryptos.

They are not where we are. We’re discussing partnerships and live volume most of them are stuck on (lack of) governance and scaling issues.

7 hours ago, Liminarori said:

The truth is that every single coin's social media looks the same as ours.

Not true. XRP has a far better community and ecosystem than most coins, that’s why so many goons hang out here and post about other coins all day.

Edited by ImTheRippler

This is still an undervalued market. Crypto is still a young asset class, even though it may feel mature to folks involved for 5+ years.

XRP is tangentially linked to RippleNet's success. There is a long standing problem to be solved at the international settlements level.

The "forest fire" would be...

1. No CBDC issuances by 2020

2. The IMF/BIS refusing to acknowledge the advantages distributed ledgers enable.

3. Small & Medium sized banks being force prevented from going "over the top" on the big Correspondent Banking.

... but honestly this whole ordeal really is for the betterment of humanity's ability to transact fast and cheap, using any unit of value.

That is what's at stake, and I dont think the people making these decisions have any desire to prevent the financial systems from being structurally improved. 

9 hours ago, nicktemple said:

But there is still this voice in the back of my mind saying, it seems to good to be true.

Am I missing something or are we all missing something, I research everyday anything that I can find on XRP and BTC, to see what the market is doing.

This seem too easy, I find it hard not to understand why everyone involved in crypto, are not strongly on the XRP band wagon.

There are strong fuds about xrp that it’s:

-centralized

- security

-a useless coin bank will never adopt

These fuds are suppressing the price of xrp. 

We have to wait until xrp is used then we will see who was right and wrong. 

And if you think it sounds too good to be true, think again. 

Xrp is a risky investment and the result will be either take all or nothing at all.

9 hours ago, nicktemple said:

I have been holding XRP since Aug 2017, since then I have seen the big highs feeling like I am the smartest person in the world, to feeling like man how could have I been so stupid and not sell at ATH.

But I still HODL and keep increasing my holding, to where I will be a millionaire in only double digits.

I strongly believe in XRP and in Ripple on what they are trying to achieve, when looking at other crypto I really don't see the same potential that I do in XRP.

But there is still this voice in the back of my mind saying, it seems to good to be true.

Am I missing something or are we all missing something, I research everyday anything that I can find on XRP and BTC, to see what the market is doing.

This seem too easy, I find it hard not to understand why everyone involved in crypto, are not strongly on the XRP band wagon.

With all the news lately, I feel so confident that we have backed a winner.

It truly feels like we have a winning lotto ticket that we have to wait a few years before we can cash it in.

What worries me is do I have XRP blinders on.

If an XRP forest fire starts will I miss it, cause I would be to busy looking at how awesome the XRP trees are.

I started in Dec and at one point had quadrupled my investment.  I thought XRP would never crash like it did and got caught and panicked and sold in the red and bought the peaks.  By the end of January I was out of the market with a loss of several thousand and feeling awful.

Full of doubts I gradually reinvested.  With every reinvestment I lost money on paper but have held and now I have 3 times as much at an average entry point of .74.  The more I learnt the more I felt confident

I have never felt more confident than I do now.  I have no doubts any more because it is clear that Ripple/XRP are so far out in front and have so many angles (Codius, XVia, XRapid, Micropayments, Derivatives) and so many good partners (Moneygram, Santander and SBI) and such a smart team and a monthly income of 70 - 100 million a month and the fastest most scalable and cheapest DA and Ripplenet and the ILP and XPring and COIL.  I see little reason to be nervous.  Maybe some things will go wrong but I doubt everything from that list will fail.

Every investment is a risk.  I have not bet the house just money I could live without if everything goes wrong unexpectedly.

24 minutes ago, quan said:

the result will be either take all or nothing at all.

I disagree. Put aside what Ripple is doing with payments.

- Coil are now working on internet monetisation and micro-payments

- Codius eco-system has just been born

- Xpring will launch many new businesses building on the XRPL

- Scooter Braun is doing something with artist payments presumably to make streaming work for creators rather than tech companies

- Wirex is making it possible to use cryptos as everyday payment options. Apparently newly listed XRP is already their most popular option

- XRP is growing as a base currency on exchanges which will lead to a rise in demand

- others I can't recall right now

All of these initiatives add more value to XRP and will grow over time including use cases that have not yet been imagined. It's no longer dependent on one company.

Edited by OzAlphaWolf

10 hours ago, sigmundaas said:

I feel the same way bro.

The more I read about Ripple and XRP, the more certain I become that this is a very solid investment. I feel like either we are idiots in here, or the rest of the world are idiots not to see what is so obvious.

I've worked various customer-facing jobs overs the years and now I do IT support for a company with almost 100k users.  If the past and present are anything to go off of, you and I are not the idiots here.

1 minute ago, Zerptime said:

Post like this is why people don't take crypto seriously

That's their loss, not mine. Investing is an adult thing, where quite a bit of doing your own research is NECESSARY. Otherwise you'll just see more threads about how people sold out too early and scrambled to get back in, or bought at ATH and sold at the bottom.