If the SEC announced XRP will be treated as a security, would you panic sell?

If the SEC announced XRP will be treated as a security, would you panic sell?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. If the SEC announced XRP will be treated as a security, would you panic sell?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. How much do you believe the price would be affected in the short term?

• No change
    • Slight increase
    • Slight decrease
    • Significant increase
    • Significant decrease

18 hours ago, Crypto_Knight said:

Let's assume you hear about the news within minutes of the announcement.

Difficult question because security status is transitory. XRP was most definitely a security a year ago but the company Ripple is taking steps to distance itself at the advice of its legal team and regulators. Probably in a gray area right now. Within a year, probably not a security anymore since decentralization seems key to the classification for the SEC and with more validators Ripple is on track to make decentralization happen. Still the question of the 60 billion in escrow....

4 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

Next poll: Are there too many polls on XRP Chat, yes, no, tequila?

Yes.  So I vote rum.  Or beer....  but there was no option for that....

Next: Do my antennas still look lustrous?

I think the prices would drop pretty significantly if this news hit. I certainly wouldn't expect it to drastically increase.  With that being said, I'd sell off a few thousand XRP.  If the price drops as I would expect it to, I'd buy back in lower. If not... I just buy back in for roughly the same price.  Win Win.

On 8/5/2018 at 2:15 AM, xrpmommy said:

voted but dont think it's gonna be sec's decision,listen to this guy start @7.40

He makes a really good point, it definitely seems like the SEC will wait for court decisions, instead of having their decision influence the ongoing suits. However, if that's the case, I really can't see the big "run" happening any time soon. Market makers have too much to risk, I expect a few pumps here and then, but overall stagnation, much as we've been seeing lately. Big players will keep their eye on the ball, but for the foreseeable future will move on to trendier assets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.