Sign in to follow this  
Chewiecoin

An Amazing Positive out of this Prolonged Bear Market

9 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

So the Bears have been roaming the markets for the last 7 months. They are everywhere. It’s affecting all of us and the general positivity of XRPChat and the XRP Community.

But you know what? This prolonged bear market leads to one amazing positive outcome - we all get to accumulate so much more of our amazing investment.

This post doesn’t apply to everyone. If you got in pre May 2017 you are probably some of the lucky investors who bought in when the price was in the low cents or sub 1 cent. You obviously can’t add that much more to your stack % wise whilst the price is in the 40c to 50c range. 

However, for the vast majority of us, like me, who bought in post May 2017 or during 2018 we have been able to substantially lower our DCA (Dollar Cost Average) and more importantly double, triple or higher our stashes.

Imagine,  like me, that you first bought in around September last year. You saw the ATH at 40c and the price was stuck between 15c and 20c. You bought in with the hope of a big price rise in the future based on the amazing potential of XRP with xCurrent, the development of xRapid, and the newly released xVia. The wildest price predictions at the time for EOY where $2. We all knew we could go much higher than this in the long run but $2 EOY? Even that was a stretch to even the most optimistic of us, including me!

Then December 2017 comes and we boom to $3.40 (Bitstamp) and of course the insufferable following crash comes based on Coinbase squashing any release rumours and regulation crack downs in Korea and China.

But what if the crash didn’t occur when it did and the price kept going and we hit say $6 and the price did not crash as hard and we settled around $3.50 or $4. What would have happened to us then?

At $0.45, the price now, $1,000 buys you about 2,200 XRP a nice increase to your stash. But at $3.50 that same $1,000 investment only nets you 285 XRP. Now don’t get me wrong, I truly believe that 285XRP will be worth a lot of money one day but obviously 2,200 is worth so much more. Make the buy adjustments to my examples based on your fiat purchases over the last 7 months. A settlement in price back to $3.50 sure would have meant our initial investments would be in the green, as opposed to red like now, but it also would mean that we would not have accumulated as much XRP as we have now. I know I will be happier in the long run that the price went back to the 40c range than stayed high as in my hypothetical example.

The prolonged bear market also means for me that I have made multiple purchases over this time. So my stash has more than tripled from my December amount and my DCA has stayed low. I bought all the way up, down and whilst we have stagnated around 50c.

When will this bear market end and when will the bulls return? I wish I knew? All I can do is remind you that with all the amazing news we have had over the last 7 months with new adoption partners, confirmed savings from xRapid, the announcement of Coil, Codius and xPring and more recently the incredible increase in exchanges offering XRP for sale and more importantly XRP as their base pairing the future is incredibly bright. This most recent market retracement but XRP holding at around 43c is a great sign. Once the bulls return and the DA market recovers watch XRP lead the pack in percentage gains terms.

Whilst no one wants this bear market to continue I feel blessed that it has given me the opportunity to own so many more of my beloved zerps than I ever thought I would.

Be patient and HODL guys.

Chewie

If pre May investor missed for some reason December run than it in the same boat as the one that bought after May or in December, because unrealized profit is lost and stagnation in accumulation.

I think we are in consolidation period for already a month or ao, we had 6 months of correction, so I give 2 to 3 months until we start move.

4 hours ago, ripplewaytogo said:

Any advice for those who have no more money to invest and down 76% respectfully? 

Make a Kim Kardashian video?

I have purchased as little as $25 at a time. In the end, I know that $25 today will net me far more than $25 later... 

i basically have stopped adding to my “fun” savings account and have added more zerps. It’s what works for me ?

3 hours ago, CountZerpula said:

Funny thing about luck is that often times we 'make our own luck' ... in part, we do this by virtue of being aware/open enough to notice opportunities that present themselves ...

But then, to have the conviction our beliefs to follow through, and take advantage of these opportunities. All of this in the face of ridicule from every Merxy and ContrarianCat that the world will throw at you.

When XRP is riding the crest of it's wave of success, and you're reaping the benefits - surely, some of those same people will say 'wow.. you were sooo lucky!' ... But those zerps didn't buy themselves - you took advantage, and leveraged your balls of steel to BHODL through the stomach of a bear market that had lesser mortals running for the hills :king:

This is like the preseason for Crypto ... just a warmup, hasn't even started yet - we're gonna be fine :beach:

Very well said, couldn't agree more!

1 hour ago, 21x2 said:

Patience and HODL and don't tell your wife when you buy ?

My wife knows (well at a certain point I stopped telling that I was still buying ;-)), and she was and still is annoyed when I discuss crypto/xrp with friends. However at a certain point she also bought a huge stack of xrp, she told me that she did it to hedge the risk of me potentially becoming filthy rich and subsequently running off with some young twentysomething year old girl, so in such scenario she would at least be filthy rich as well and get herself some toyboy? (of course she was just joking, she knows I would never leave her and our 3 daughters, in fact I've always explained her that I invested in xrp to keep being able to support an expensive household with 4 women ?)

Edited by Easyxrpeasy

On 8/5/2018 at 11:39 PM, ripplewaytogo said:

Any advice for those who have no more money to invest and down 76% respectfully? 

Make a Kim Kardashian video?

I am in the red too. The best advice I can give in this scenario is HODL on and wait for the next bull run or eventually utility demand to kick in.

But if HODLing becomes too stressful you need to sell at the best opportunity you find and move on. 

Edited by Chewiecoin

4 hours ago, CountZerpula said:

Funny thing about luck is that often times we 'make our own luck' ... in part, we do this by virtue of being aware/open enough to notice opportunities that present themselves ...

But then, to have the conviction our beliefs to follow through, and take advantage of these opportunities. All of this in the face of ridicule from every Merxy and ContrarianCat that the world will throw at you.

When XRP is riding the crest of it's wave of success, and you're reaping the benefits - surely, some of those same people will say 'wow.. you were sooo lucky!' ... But those zerps didn't buy themselves - you took advantage, and leveraged your balls of steel to BHODL through the stomach of a bear market that had lesser mortals running for the hills :king:

This is like the preseason for Crypto ... just a warmup, hasn't even started yet - we're gonna be fine :beach:

Very well said. 

3 hours ago, BecomeRich said:

We will not see prices like this again - buy more. Now! 

I wish we could guarantee that we won’t see these prices again. No one knows if we have hit bottom or not. 

Always make your own investment decisions, DYOR, don’t make investment decisions solely based on advice from strangers on an Internet forum (especially me) and only ever invest what you can afford to lose. 

14 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

patient

This is the key.  Thanks Chewie

i have been less patient with xrp the last several months and have forked my trade stack into other coins for swings.

however the stability of XRP has been very impressive.... and it appears we have bottomed...thus a great time to pick up more :)

@Chewiecoin well said!!! I have stated that I have bought since my first time last September almost weekly. If the price would have stayed high, I would have felt priced out of the market and would have looked to other alts for more investments in addition. 

Since January I have been able to gain more than 5x my original zerps. What's not to love about that?

54 minutes ago, Excerpts said:

This is the key.  Thanks Chewie

i have been less patient with xrp the last several months and have forked my trade stack into other coins for swings.

however the stability of XRP has been very impressive.... and it appears we have bottomed...thus a great time to pick up more :)

Thank you. XRP has been impressively stable these last few weeks. Especially with the market on a retracement. Good signs. 

39 minutes ago, Loki said:

@Chewiecoin well said!!! I have stated that I have bought since my first time last September almost weekly. If the price would have stayed high, I would have felt priced out of the market and would have looked to other alts for more investments in addition. 

Since January I have been able to gain more than 5x my original zerps. What's not to love about that?

Thanks @Loki  I believe This bear market coming so soon after seeing what XRP’s price can do with the December bull run has given us an amazing opportunity to buy more. 

And couple this with the incredible news we have seen these last 7 months. 

I feel blessed and very hopeful. 

Sign in to follow this