BTC dumping again

12 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I was cheering to myself at Oz taking Bubbles to task...  and thinking yeah I wish he was banned too...  such an obvious troll.  

But then I thought what if I was a mod and had to decide on that...   oh dear...  

Maybe it's not so clear now...   yes he is clearly trying to antagonise, and seems intent on bagging Ripple and XRP at every opportunity...  but does that rate banning?   I am now thinking not.

Obviously I hope @Bubbles or  ModsAreMagnificent or whoever he is,  just goes away...  but I'm not sure I support banning someone simply for their opinions or annoying traits.  Just my two drops worth...

It’s pure trolling. Don’t overthink it- just my opinion. With this...individual...it’s not a mature, fact-based debate. It’s just him throwing every bit of **** he can at a wall and hoping something sticks, which then derails the thread as we have to stop to call out the lie. 

I don’t think this is Mods. He didn’t try to be a smartass like this guy. There have been several others that got banned that sound exactly like him though. This is probably his third reincarnation or something. 

Edited by Deeznutz
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is literally no evidence Ripple engages in any such activity. If you have evidence, then you should present it to the SEC. Otherwise this is nothing more than unsubstantiated bloviating demonstr

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Deeznutz said:

It’s pure trolling. Don’t overthink it- just my opinion. With this...individual...it’s not a mature, fact-based debate. It’s just him throwing every bit of **** he can at a wall and hoping something sticks, which then derails the thread as we have to stop to call out the lie. 

Jasil/Mods was good at that!

Bubbles' 'dumping' is a bit lame though. Needs to step it up a gear or create a new account with a better interruption.

6 minutes ago, Deeznutz said:

It’s pure trolling.

Yeah you may be right..  and maybe that does rate a ban..  I dunno.

I support whatever the mods do if it comes up...  it can't be easy deciding these things. 

12 minutes ago, Deeznutz said:

image.thumb.png.708aafa6f57c7e19470f685a026d5aee.png

1 hour ago, orcablue said:

troll accounts have limited life spans. they're loudest during the bear, and fade away when the bull arrives

I hope they fade away soon, getting tired of this bear market! Enjoyed increasing my stash during it though ?

3 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

You say you have 20 years' trading experience, yet how come you don't know that a low volume market cannot ever produce a stable market.  It's simply impossible.  That slow and steady climb you predict is impossible in low volume.  If you want a simple illustration of this, go to a low volume trading pair and see how erratic the price is.  Bids and Asks are often miles apart.  Yet you say as the crypto market LOWERS its volume, it will become more stable?

Sure it can. it has done it so far. We came from 4-5 cents to 42 cents on low volumes.  It can continue trending up, slowly, and still stay relatively illiquid. It does not mean you can take advantage of poor liquidity, yet it can trend.  Stability is not a word I used, rather said it will have an ROI that may match other assets over the long run with a slow trend. 

If I had to use an example in currency, for example, I would use the South African Rand. Poor liquidity, one can not trade it, yet it returned 50% in the last 6 years. 

In general, we do not disagree. iliquidity is an issue. it is good when you have a short squeeze, a FOMO, but these rarely hold in illiquid markets. 

Edited by Spekul8
16 hours ago, earth said:

I'm conflicted watching BTC go down, but seeing XRP stay fairly stable is good. This may be what a decoupling (starts) to look like.

This is how the decks normally get shuffled.

If everything kept going up BTC would keep the crown, but this never happens and we need to remember XRP is holding up well, has massive institutional interest and right now lots of XRP liquidity is still being released which would tend to keep the price lower.

It’s the bear markets that sort out the winners from the losers.

25 minutes ago, Zerptime said:

January when the smart investors sold their holdings.

Hmm, I'm not so sure you can claim it was "smart" to do that.  It certainly was profitable....    :) 

I think a lot of times in markets people assert "smart" when really it should be "lucky".

Take the three dollar surge...  people say "oh it was overheated so it had to retrace", or it was "unsustainable".  Or "if it goes up fast it will come down fast".

But I feel that all these are post-hoc rationalisations....    ways to make sense of what happened rather than actual descriptions of root causes.  I can easily imagine a scenario where Mt Gox doesn't crap the bed,  and Ripple made the announcements they did,  and others (because things were going well), and the whole thing kept rolling on leaving the other coins behind.  Or that Bitcoin went stratospheric and took us all with it.  Or many other variations.

All sorts of scenarios could have played out,  and many would have left the seller unhappy.  As it happens selling would have been profitable but the folk who saw the fall coming and got out were basically gambling on their read of things,  and could easily have been wrong.  So they were certainly lucky...  and I'm sure many of them are smarter than I am...  but doing the sell at the top doesn't make you smart necessarily...  just lucky.

1 minute ago, Zerptime said:

but the opposite also holds true ,you shld DCA your sells during a bull run

Yes I agree.

However what points they are, and what seperation between sell points,  will vary depending on the person and their goals and holdings.  So for many of us $3 is not high enough to begin the small packet sells.  So selling then would not have been smart unless you feel it's a once only opportunity.

Since I believe it will leave $3 way behind, and I need higher sell points to make life changing effects,  I won't be selling even if it again hits ATH...   when that is solidly in the rear view THEN I will start doing small parcel sells.

But wanting to have life changing money is being greedy! Very few people here will get life changing money unless they bought a lot of xrp, waiting and waiting till the price goes to life changing is what leads people to lose a lot of money in any investment

The beauty for XRP for many investors is it so early in this that XRP is capable of producing life changing money and the downside is not a “lot of money” by any measure.
1 hour ago, Zerptime said:

But wanting to have life changing money is being greedy!

I think our definitions differ.  Imagine for a moment that you knew absolutely the exact graph of price for the next decade.  Say it has a couple of surges and retracements in it before organically rising in a reasonable steady climb.  So now with this knowledge you have to pick your cost averaging sell points.  Are you going to put them in the initial surges which are later far surpassed?  Will you sell all missing out on the ongoing growth?

I'd suggest not...   you are going to maximise your profit.   Almost anyone would...

Now obviously no one has this foreknowledge,   but many of us think there is a high probability of this kind of growth.  We didn't invest much and we are willing to let it ride in the hope that it does make those gains.  You are calling it greedy but I don't think it is.

2 hours ago, Zerptime said:

unless they bought a lot of xrp, waiting and waiting till the price goes to life changing is what leads people to lose a lot of money in any investment

Yes I can see your point and would agree that anyone with an amount that they are NOT able to see dissapear completely should definitely be sensible with some early sales to recoup their investment.

But of course there is also the risk of being Greg.  Many folk happily sold out of Bitcoin when it hit the insanely high price of $100....  but later have to live with regret over their massive lost opportunity.  Some folk are sanguine about that,  and consider a nice profit is reward enough,  others will take that regret to their grave.

I take your point in the sense that people need to have a hard look at themselves,  their amount invested,  their goals...  then create a strategy and stick to it unless circumstances dramatically change and warrant a rethink.  I do hear your warning about greed fomo causing foolish decisions...  so we should do our thinking now while the pressure is not on us....

1 hour ago, Zerptime said:

Alright i agree on all your points, just wanna tell xrp holders to sell at least some percentage of their xrp if some profits are to be made, I saw a lot of people not selling during the bull run and even buying up more xrp which made them lose even more money in the end,easily can happen again during he next bull run

Fair enough. All any of us can really do is offer the advice, and be satisfied with that. What others choose to do with it is up to them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.