Foolaman

Bearableguy123 Thread

13 hours ago, Ripplista79 said:

thats the problem.  in 2 years, lets say xrp=$127  i would be tempted to cash out and i dont trust myself to HODL.  so i escrowed in 2 year increments from 2024 to 2040.  

long game

early retirement plan

Hypothetical question: let’s assume xRapid goes live, as planned, and by the end of 2018 theres a massive bulletin and XRP is $1,000? What would you do? How would you feel? Are you able to somehow pull out of that escrow?

Guest Ripplista79
1 hour ago, Pauly_jay said:

Hypothetical question: let’s assume xRapid goes live, as planned, and by the end of 2018 theres a massive bulletin and XRP is $1,000? What would you do? How would you feel? Are you able to somehow pull out of that escrow?

nope. stuck in escrow

i escrowed 80% of my zerps

1 hour ago, Ripplista79 said:

nope. stuck in escrow

i escrowed 80% of my zerps

Is that simply because you don’t trust yourself not to sell? Otherwise it leaves you vulnerable and inflexible. 

15 hours ago, Loki said:

Okay....first my address is...No, geez I'm kidding!

What health issues? PM me, I have a weird hobby of being a naturopath - not by degree or trade but by hobby. Quick side note, I have 7 autoimmune diseases and conditions. Some are really serious, some are semi-serious. I was diagnosed 21 years ago. I spent a few years on many pills and pills to combat the side effects of those pills until I said, "Enough!" I took my health into my own hands. I started looking into natural medicine and herbs. My doctors are amazed and tell me I should be on disability, collecting a paycheck each month from the government. Instead I work 55+ hours, have my own small business, hike, bike, and I am generally in better health than most people my age. 

The "cures" aren't always easy - lots of times it means a change in diet, but it's all about quality of life. I regularly go from vegan to keto, depending on what my body needs. 

No need to PM you, I've no problem being open about the issue.  On March 8th of this year (so basically 3 months ago) I was diagnosed with Cirrhosis and told there was a 50% chance I would live past 6 months.  I've made it 1/2 way there so far, but it has not been an easy road; many complications and health issues, but I, like you, continue to work.  I'm on a liver transplant list but who knows how long that will take or if I'll live long enough to see that day.  My only other option is to spend 6 figures on the black market and have someone in a 3rd world country perform the procedure, which carries risks like death or simply being robbed of my money (plus it's illegal, but if dying anyhow, I'm not concerned about that part.)  While not curable, some doctors have told me that by living a completely healthy lifestyle, that there's a chance I could live a reasonably normal life and have a normal lifespan, even without a transplant.  But for now, after a days work, I really don't have the energy to do anything but lay in bed and watch tv or peruse the Internet, and weekends are mainly just rest as well.  I've been told I should do the things like you do, i.e. hike, bike, exercise, etc., but I just don't have the energy (or perhaps the will) to do it.

21 minutes ago, BarryMcHockenue said:

No need to PM you, I've no problem being open about the issue.  On March 8th of this year (so basically 3 months ago) I was diagnosed with Cirrhosis and told there was a 50% chance I would live past 6 months.  I've made it 1/2 way there so far, but it has not been an easy road; many complications and health issues, but I, like you, continue to work.  I'm on a liver transplant list but who knows how long that will take or if I'll live long enough to see that day.  My only other option is to spend 6 figures on the black market and have someone in a 3rd world country perform the procedure, which carries risks like death or simply being robbed of my money (plus it's illegal, but if dying anyhow, I'm not concerned about that part.)  While not curable, some doctors have told me that by living a completely healthy lifestyle, that there's a chance I could live a reasonably normal life and have a normal lifespan, even without a transplant.  But for now, after a days work, I really don't have the energy to do anything but lay in bed and watch tv or peruse the Internet, and weekends are mainly just rest as well.  I've been told I should do the things like you do, i.e. hike, bike, exercise, etc., but I just don't have the energy (or perhaps the will) to do it.

Thank you for sharing. I'm a praying type of person, so you will be in my prayers. 

31 minutes ago, emelen73 said:

@BarryMcHockenue and @Loki, I'm not the most active of posters, usually just a lurker, but your both of your posts got me and I just want to wish the pair of you the very best of luck and hope that things work out for you both.. All the best.. ?

Thank you, that's very kind. Keep on posting - we need to know who you are at all the XRPCHAT parties coming when we hit it big ;)