Foolaman

Bearableguy123 Thread

6 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

What do you think is going to drive this next FOMO bull run? Bitcoin, which the media is all over now after its massive dump? XRP utility? There will be no bull run like last time, as they were largely orchestrated by whales in Bitcoin. You’re also confusing speculation with utility and blending the two. Utility from major banks isn’t going to moon the price instantly. It’ll take a lot of consistency and volume from a substantial network of banks. Price increase comes from a higher demand of buyers than available XRP from sellers. During a bull run, more want to hold on than sell, this price increase. When you’re talking utility, there’s buys and sells, all within seconds, thus creating a need more a very large volume of utility to increase price steadily. My “know it all” attitude is called common sense, logic, and being a reasonable and sound investor. I invest very heavily in XRP as I do other investments. I treat it the same as them, in sound fundamentals and not hopium. Group think and echo chambers aren’t good for your mentality and you’ll be massively disappointed with unrealistic expectations. FinTech can take a long time to implement and there’s various hurdles along the way. Painting a perfect world scenario and not looking at things from a strategical and logical perspective is a sure way to be let down. 

Just curious why do you think we wont have another bullrun like in 2017? The total mc is 120b right now and thats a drop in the bucket compared to the global economy. Do you not believe crypto will reach a couple trillion in a few years at least?

14 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

Just curious why do you think we wont have another bullrun like in 2017? The total mc is 120b right now and thats a drop in the bucket compared to the global economy. Do you not believe crypto will reach a couple trillion in a few years at least?

Much of the last bull run was built on a perfect storm. Fast increase in Bitcoin price, when the name Bitcoin was already gaining media attention. Couple this with all the news outlets and the FOMO of can’t miss out opportunity that it created. A lot of these people invested way more than they could afford to lose, taking out loans and credit. Now you have a massive drop, a customer base who lost money, many more regulations on social media as far as advertising goes, many coins circulating FUD campaigns , and a speculative market overall due to a drastic crash. There will be many more cautious investors next time around and it’ll take an entirely new set of customers dumping new money in who didn’t take a big loss last time around. Also, until a true decoupling of Bitcoin happens, any likely bull run would drive from it, which seems unlikely now that it’s been examined much deeper than before. It’s much easier and comfortable for us to just say “next bull run it’ll be...” than it is to look at the big picture and factors. I think we’ll reach trillions in market cap in crypto as a whole but it may take a long time as many **** coins will go away, a percent of that will be reinvested into a legit coin, while some moves elsewhere. We have to truly show use cases in action and that are  being acted upon and not just speculation. 

10 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

There will be many more cautious investors next time around

You’re forgetting that the next class of investors will be institutions. Even with them just dipping their toe in crypto will dwarf what a bunch of “delusional” nerds have been investing so far. The 2018 dip will be barely noticable on the charts after the next wave.

Edited by lucky

11 minutes ago, lucky said:

You’re forgetting that the next class of investors will be institutions. Even with them just dipping their toe in crypto will dwarf what a bunch of “delusional” nerds have been investing so far. The 2018 dip will be barely noticable on the charts after the next wave.

Institutional money will eventually come but in what capacity? I could see Bitcoin and/or crypto being an asset class that they’ll wrap up in a portfolio, which would help the market. Does XRP benefit from this? I suppose if it rises with that market. As a whole though, XRP is a bridge asset. Many banks or institutions that’s will use it for its intended purpose will not hold or need to hold. It’ll be very high risk investment holding it on their books when it’s not needed. Now some many hold it for long term value, but that’s an entirely different scenario. 

To your point, yes, institutional funds will help raise prices, but will it create a bull run frenzie? That I’m not convinced of on either side. 

13 hours ago, KaaKaRmA said:

Many banks or institutions that’s will use it for its intended purpose will not hold or need to hold.

There will be a point where it becomes totally reckless and unresponsible to their shareholders for banks to not safeguard a decent position in crypto, in particular the one that is designed for them. Even for JPM. That point will be the moment it is clear that digital assets will actually be used, and that a bank can legally hold them. But first we’ll probably see banks providing custody to crypto for their clients, to not lose their business to exchanges. Ultimately, the money in the bank belongs to their clients, and everybody knows by now that all banks are running a fractional reserve of fiat, and that holding fiat is therefore risky, in a landscape that is about to be massively disrupted, and with the bank’s golden goose about to be slaughtered.

Edited by lucky

I think well see institution fomo next bullrun. We are starting to see retirement funds starting to dip their toes in. Along with the inevitable bitcoin etf. And this will also cause retail to jump back in. Plus wasnt it like only 1% of the worlds population participating in the 2017 run? We also have to compare this with the dotcom era which hit a couple trillion. Are we to say a global asset class wont do the same if not more?

Edited by invest2lose

48 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

I think well see institution fomo next bullrun. We are starting to see retirement funds starting to dip their toes in.

Agreed, and let's not forget the investments going into retirement funds don't come back out for years

Even investments going into other institutional funds often stay put for extended periods... like Warren Buffet's saying that the ideal holding period is forever.

And wouldn't he be happy to see his name mentioned in a crypto forum :lol:

4 hours ago, TheXRPNinja said:

$8 IN THREE YEARS A FAILURE?! 2400% IN 3 YEARS A FAILURE???

I have to defend Kaakarma here. Exactly this mindset is what he is talking about. How delusional some people are in here is amazing. 

What about ~ 40 000% from March 2017 to December 2017? 

If xRapid succeeds, it will go way higher than $8 within 3-5 years. The question is, will it succeed? I’m less certain than I used to be due to the ongoing regulatory issues and the threat of competition / obsolescence. With that in mind I hold as much XRP as I’m comfortable losing, plus another 20% :-)

The other thing that people don’t realize or remember is that xrp was by and large NOT part of the last bull run.  Xrp stayed between .27-.32 for MONTHS while every other crypto went parabolic. People here were losing their minds and ready to jump off buildings.  Xrp’s gains came over the course of like 2 weeks while every other asset had been surging for an entire year at least.

If that happens again, there will be some really ****** off people around here.