Foolaman

Bearableguy123 Thread

7 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

No but I can assure you that at board meetings there is reviews of PR, marketing, brand reputation, etc. You don’t need a seat for it to appear. 

True, but I can assure you that they have more important topics to discuss than a couple of crypto fanatics shilling several coins in twitter. Time matters usually:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, GoldenGoose said:

You're going to pay, one way or another, with SWIFT. For example, Chase will charge $50 for a wire from the USA to Europe from a "normal" account; and an additional, variable fee is paid on the receiving end. Conversely, my wires to Europe are "free" from my Chase business account; but that's because they get the value out of you in other forms, like monthly fees and higher balances.

I am not talking about the cost of a wire as a consumer.

I am talking about what SWIFT charges the bank I work for.

The banks don't pay SWIFT nearly as much as people think. 

But the banks do charge their customers like wounded bulls. Even if they save more using xrapid and xcurrent,  they will not necessarily pass these savings on to the consumer. 

Edited by Freaky

4 minutes ago, Freaky said:

Even if they save more using xrapid and current,  they will not necessarily pass these savings on to the consumer. 

I agree with you. And truth be told, I care more about an instant and secure transfer than the fees anyway. They're not my primary concern. I once ordered an international wire on a Thursday, and it was several hours before the daily cutoff time to go out that day. The bank held the wire for an extra day, under the pretense of checking with me to verify that it was all correct. It didn't leave until Friday. The following Monday happened to be a banking holiday in the US. The wire didn't reach its destination until Wednesday, which was 6 calendar days later. Ridiculous!

30 minutes ago, GoldenGoose said:

I agree with you. And truth be told, I care more about an instant and secure transfer than the fees anyway. They're not my primary concern. I once ordered an international wire on a Thursday, and it was several hours before the daily cutoff time to go out that day. The bank held the wire for an extra day, under the pretense of checking with me to verify that it was all correct. It didn't leave until Friday. The following Monday happened to be a banking holiday in the US. The wire didn't reach its destination until Wednesday, which was 6 calendar days later. Ridiculous!

Was that a bank issue rather than a SWIFT issue ?

SWIFT GPI is same day settlement.

34 minutes ago, GoldenGoose said:

As I mentioned, even though low cost transactions are not expensive ie. 20-40cents the banks pay SWIFT.

Correcting errors are extremely costly with SWIFT. Your bank likely wanted to double check, as if the wire is incorrect and they need to reverse or correct, this costs alot with SWIFT.

Edited by Freaky

13 minutes ago, Freaky said:

Was that a bank issue rather than a SWIFT issue ?

SWIFT GPI is same day settlement.

11 minutes ago, Freaky said:

As I mentioned, even though low cost transactions are not expensive ie. 20-40cents the banks pay SWIFT.

Correcting errors are extremely costly with SWIFT. Your bank likely wanted to double check, as if the wire is incorrect and they need to reverse or correct, this costs alot with SWIFT.

I was using my worst-case example, from an elapsed-time standpoint. Incidentally, my most costly experience was my Bitstamp horror story, which began with a four-day wire from the USA to their Slovenian bank account and got exponentially worse from there.

Typically, however, any outbound wire I send before the afternoon deadline (my time) is confirmed received by my European employees early in the morning (my time) of the next banking day. And we always double check the SWIFT Code, IBAN, amount, etc., before completing the wire order. Still, it's a slow process by 21st Century standards; and it's prone to errors and delays. I have every interest in seeing Ripple and XRP succeed.

9 hours ago, Nouk said:

I disagree with this completely.

Every company's twitter feed is FILLED .. and I mean literally filled with trolls and anonymous people just posting sh*t. I dont think any SANE company or bank would decide not to partner with Ripple because of an online bear with a couple thousands of followers. not to save Millions/billions of dollars.

Totally true.  Twitter is getting to the point where it's too toxic for advertisers.  The executive management is well aware of this and it's their #1 goal-- clean up the platform or face the consequences.

Edited by patrolmi
sp

I don't think the BG has ever tried to pick a specific price.... I think that's all misreading the puzzles.  He's given a lot of information and food for thought, and just because the numbers 589 or 23 whatever come up, doesn't mean he is inferring a specific price.  There is likely more to the puzzle...   If he is an insider of some sort, he would know that there's too many variables to make any such prediction.

On 12/22/2018 at 5:12 AM, KaaKaRmA said:

No but I can assure you that at board meetings there is reviews of PR, marketing, brand reputation, etc. You don’t need a seat for it to appear. 

CEO: Dear shareholders, Ripple is a great tech that can save us alot of money, but we get an awful amount of spam regarding their company so we decided not to partner with them. Merry Christmas.

On 12/21/2018 at 12:17 PM, JA8 said:

So imagine a financial institution that was thinking about partnering with Ripple. Whilst having board meetings, someone mentions the severe amount of spam tweets and emails from #thexrparmy that have been clogging up the company’s inbox for days from overexcited, childish speculators.

Is this broadly positive for Ripple, or does it make the potential partner question the company’s seriousness further? Pretty obviously the latter imo.

And then they stumble across all of the bearableguy123 stuff. Yeah, that’s a great look.

Faced with this, it’s hardly a stretch to imagine they’d put out a tweet saying “no, we are not working with Ripple” just to stem the tide of spam... and to buy themselves some time while they consider it they *really* want to go this route at all.

If anything like the above scenario has happened even once - and it probably has imo - it’s damaging. 

Partnering up with a trendy blockchain outfit is likely not an easy decision even without the above nonsense. If it’s not net positive for the adoption of XRP then do away with it imo.

North american society as a whole is pretty immature and childish. I also think all this riddle crap has to stop..its embarrising..

44 minutes ago, Shuz said:

North american society as a whole is pretty immature and childish. I also think all this riddle crap has to stop..its embarrising..

That’s as silly as saying all European people as a whole have bad teeth. 

The only thing around here that’s embarrassing is you trying to act better then other people. 

Seeing all these comments made me to write this poem lol

Little bear made riddles 

Predicting XRP's price

Community started cheering

Saying his predictions are precise 

Then he made a prediction, "EOY $589"

Everybody said he is insane

Bashing him left and right

But little they knew, the bear was Australian

.41c in AUD is .589

Edited by Armanius