Jump to content
Foolaman

Bearableguy123 Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, ringer2 said:

  I’m sorry, but there is no circumstance in which the market works as you describe it. Your statement that supply does not matter once a commodity begins to be used makes absolutely zero microeconomic sense.

They do at the beginning. You’re in a market that hasn’t even truly begun.

If hypothetical ETH and Gold metals were discovered ETH could be worth more if it was scarce but attractive. Once the utility of gold is discovered it could easily out value our attractive but less useful ETH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
20 minutes ago, Mbetti said:

No, is there an invite ?

You can find it in groups (or clubs? I forget) but I will quick send you an invite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What risks are involved in investing in XRP?

 

Cause I'm all in... 

 

Only risk I see is not being mature with my rewards...

 

It could happen... To anyone of us..

 

Some of us can't handle starting a dynasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ringer2 said:

  I’m sorry, but there is no circumstance in which the market works as you describe it. Your statement that supply does not matter once a commodity begins to be used makes absolutely zero microeconomic sense.

I'm not an economist, but are you entirely sure of that statement in all circumstances and at all times?  There is not a single example that someone could find to counter it for, say, a short period of time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ringer2 said:

That is just plain false. Would you apply that to any other market? “The supply of gold only matters when demand is all speculative. Once gold starts to be used supply won’t matter.” Or “The supply of steel only matters when demand is all speculative. Once construction companies start using it the supply won’t matter.”

Those statements are nonsense.

You have completely misunderstood what he is trying to say. During the speculation phase, demand is only being driven by speculation, so there will not be enough demand to make the total supply a factor when determining price. Speculation alone cannot make the commodity scarce enough. When real-world use begins with large volumes being put into play, the demand will be so much higher that it will begin to bump against the total supply. Scarcity will begin to have an effect, driving the price up higher than what speculation could do alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BarryM17 said:

Honestly, yes.  You already know I like you very much, but your avatar gives me the heebie jeebies.  Can't really describe it.  Just when I look at it, it makes me feel like bugs are crawling on me.  Truthfully, every time I read anything you post, I take my left hand and cover up your avatar so I can't see it.  But then you really wouldn't be Loki any more if you changed it, right?  Plus you don't need the XRP.  I'll leave the choice up to you.

Barry, dude,  you gotta look past that bug thing of yours...  

It isn't bugs...   it's Ninjas attacking.  And Loki in the middle giving them hell...  even with an awesome slo-mo thrown in.

I'm sure you already knew that,  but I recommend you stop covering her avatar and revel in her awesomeness!   You'll add another layer of enjoyment to the forum.   :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheEnd said:

You have completely misunderstood what he is trying to say. During the speculation phase, demand is only being driven by speculation, so there will not be enough demand to make the total supply a factor when determining price. Speculation alone cannot make the commodity scarce enough. When real-world use begins with large volumes being put into play, the demand will be so much higher that it will begin to bump against the total supply. Scarcity will begin to have an effect, driving the price up higher than what speculation could do alone.

 I completely understand what he is saying. I just disagree with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2018 at 5:05 PM, ImTheRippler said:

They do at the beginning. You’re in a market that hasn’t even truly begun.

If hypothetical ETH and Gold metals were discovered ETH could be worth more if it was scarce but attractive. Once the utility of gold is discovered it could easily out value our attractive but less useful ETH.

 Here’s the problem with that. The utility of XRP has already been discovered. People write about it on here all the time. If it was absolutely as certain as some like to think that utility would be implemented that the price would have already responded to that. Instead it langors around $.40.

Edited by ringer2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the hell is the BG price prediction 589+? Do you think there is a hint or code hidden behind the number? Every body else would predict 590+ or 600+ but not 589+?

589.jpg.5963bb843c59d5e88dd9607b5058acc4

Edited by Django

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
47 minutes ago, Django said:

Why the hell is the BG price prediction 589+? Do you think there is a hint or code hidden behind the number? Every body else would predict 590+ or 600+ but not 589+?

589.jpg.5963bb843c59d5e88dd9607b5058acc4

we think its related to the cobalt update. because cobalt's atomic weight is 58.9. 

Edited by Guest
word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 minutes ago, Lord_MoldyButt said:

we think its related to the cobalt update. because cobalt's atomic weight is 58.9. 

Yes...once Cobalt hits, the price can skyrocket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 3:21 AM, ringer2 said:

The utility of XRP has already been discovered. People write about it on here all the time

The utility of XRP is in the actual usage of the asset, the demand also comes from the actual use (because of how its designed) .Actual use hasn't started yet but may start at any time and will likely begin soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×