Sign in to follow this  
2ndtimearound

Surely now that XRP is USED as a base currency, it can't be considered a security?

We've had a few exchanges come out and list XRP as a base currency,  and many more list XRP. This leads me to believe the information that XRP is not a security has been released to those higher ups, and these people want to fast track themselves ahead of CB and others to gain some of their market share. 

Perhaps this is why the SEC has been quiet for so long. I'm sure Ripple let them know there were some changes coming down the line that would help definitively show XRP is not a security. If I had to guess , I'd imagine the SEC would be coming out sooner rather than later with a statement regarding the "non-security" status of XRP. That's my guess anyways.

23 minutes ago, Trendkill said:

Perhaps this is why the SEC has been quiet for so long. I'm sure Ripple let them know there were some changes coming down the line that would help definitively show XRP is not a security. If I had to guess , I'd imagine the SEC would be coming out sooner rather than later with a statement regarding the "non-security" status of XRP. That's my guess anyways.

Just another example as to why it is not. 

I don't think the SEC will have a specific statement anytime soon. I'm a firm believer xrp is not a security but the bureaucracy of our gov means any organized commentary/decision making will be long after it really matters. The whole security talk is a bunch of baloney trying to retard Ripple and XRP progress

13 minutes ago, DannyRipple said:

DCEX is huge, I've signed up and will be kissing coinbase good bye forever...unless they add xrp before other garbage they mentioned 

Even then, CB isn’t exactly the cheapest...

I think it might have to do with the ongoing court cases.. I'm sure that Ripple had to sign something stating that they wouldn't comment on whether XRP was a security or not. I'm sure it would be inappropriate if SEC wen't out and publicly commented on this as well.. 

I can’t believe there is not more talk about this. The issue is dead. Move on green light go. Ripple says it’s not they are working within the system they know more than any of us. If you are invested in XRP and think Ripple leadership is second to none why the hell would you doubt them on this. F the court cases. Ripples lawyers will rip these a holes a new one. Q4 moonshot to the Uranus . 

The U.S. better hurry up and get this clarified. This kind of technological revolution doesn’t happen often. Several other countries are already way ahead of us in embracing crypto. This “Ehh we’ll just see how it goes for a while before we announce our decision” crap by the SEC is getting old. 

8 minutes ago, NEF said:

Damn should have sold at 3.82. Were royal screwed. 

I looked at your post history to see if you are a troll. It made me laugh. Literally every comment you make starts with “damn” and then a variation of “we suck,” “the price is going down again,” or “I should’ve sold in December.” Are you a bot?

Edited by Deeznutz

Sign in to follow this