ecent

Things are AMAZING

1 hour ago, RegalChicken said:

I actually agree. First Snoop, now Clinton. Which, really isn't any different. If I wasn't so heavily invested I'd just sell it all and move on at this point. 

For sake of argument, I completely agree.  But my question is, and this might be slightly off topic, where DO we go?  "Move on" to what?

Give up on investing?  Is there another market with more potential / less risk?  Is there another crypto with more potential?
I'm an eternal skeptic, and I am truly interested in your thoughts on this.

On another note, what is the value of XRP based on?
For one, it will be based on the success/failure of xRapid.
Secondly, speculative investing, which includes all retail investors, potential institutional investors,
all availability of XRP on exchanges, XRP as a base currency, and all the other developments we've been seeing lately.
It's all just speculative investing.  And what are they speculating on?  The success/failure of xRapid.
So it really all just boils down to xRapid.  Which won't even go into production till the end of the year.
And won't be implemented to any great extent until next year.

So, to call the project "done" months before it's even launched seems a bit premature.
And when it is launched, if it is successful, all the institutional investors will come on bored,
even if they have to go to Coinbase to do it, they will find a way.
And they'll do it regardless of how badly Ripple screwed and continues to screw the pooch.

(I know this summary is a bit oversimplified, but there is some truth to it)

Edited by increasedwisdom

10 minutes ago, BecomeRich said:

Clinton alone will Bring XRP into the high $40 easy!! Clinton is paid with our money so go ahead and invest more.

what do you mean??

2 hours ago, RegalChicken said:

I actually agree. First Snoop, now Clinton. Which, really isn't any different. If I wasn't so heavily invested I'd just sell it all and move on at this point. 

Didn't we create a private room for the incivility and cutting remarks?  Thank you very much, sir. 

3 hours ago, Eric123 said:

@ecent political leanings?  Bro have you heard of the #metoo movement?  He is not well respected. They should have gotten someone from the IMF -.  The only possible people that could respect Clinton would be retail investors - Ripple is geared to institutions!!!!  Truthfully Garlinghouse  screwed the pooch so bad on this one I think he should leave.  This project is done.

He was president when the internet was going through its nascent phase.  His speech will draw parallels with that time and now (with crypto). That's why he was picked. 

Regarding being upset that Clinton was picked, I can't think of a single leader in any of the G8 countries over the last 50 years+ that isn't part of the establishment and essentially a criminal (most of them, war criminals). 

4 minutes ago, BecomeRich said:

To do this speech Clinton is paid by Ripple, who owns Ripple (XRP) you and I

Maybe you have some XRP,  but this doesn't mean you own equity stake in Ripple company, fortunately

Could you please expand on this? I can hardly imagine your disdain being based on public appearances alone. I believe you're not one swayed by factless sentiment, which makes me all the more curious.

16 minutes ago, BecomeRich said:

To do this speech Clinton is paid by Ripple, who owns Ripple (XRP) you and I

Uh, I didn't buy my XRP from Ripple, and I certainly don't own any of Ripple (though I certainly wish I did). That's not how any of this works.

Chicken wants to sell his XRP now I can't believe it :D.

What happened to the mass adoption ,double digit price predictions and all that stuff that would make XRP skyrock lol.

Not gonna happen anymore because of Clinton ?

Ridicolous reactions coming from the community. He is just a keynote speaker, it does NOT matter as much as you think. Grow some balls. 

1 hour ago, DanB said:

Amazing to me how steadfast, even-keeled members of this forum are now suddenly throwing their hands in the air because of Bill Clinton being involved. What is going on with you people? He's a former U.S. president for God's sake, and, aside from the Lewinsky thing, a damn successful and popular one at that.

Gore would have been a more relevant choice than a president from 20 years ago who has nothing to do with the technology and is just a hired gun at this point.  He'll speak anywhere for the money:

According to May financial disclosures from the Clinton Campaign, Bill earned $2,690,000 for speeches to corporations and other groups, following the kickoff of his wife’s presidential campaign in April. The couple together were paid $6.725 million in speaking fees in 2015.

My guess is that millennials being the largest group of retail investors in crypto, guys like Former President Clinton, and Snoop Dogg, and Ashton Kutcher probably make sense from a publicity standpoint. But having people who were actually ears deep in monetary policy like last years speaker, Ben Bernanke, or Tim Berners-Lee an actual inventor of said technologies would make far more sense to me. 

3 minutes ago, magX said:

Ridicolous reactions coming from the community. He is just a keynote speaker, it does NOT matter as much as you think. Grow some balls. 

has nothing to do with balls. 

37 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

Didn't we create a private room for the incivility and cutting remarks?  Thank you very much, sir. 

You'll have to be more specific, my chicken brain doesn't see where I posted cutting remarks, Sir.  

3 hours ago, RegalChicken said:

Is this a serious comment or you are joking? I can’t figure it out as I am still in mourning not able to pick some shoes on sale at 50% off today......