peanut56

putting xrp in in escrow: Legit (?)

9 hours ago, SBC-Daniel said:

Thanks for your feedback, I’m glad your enjoying the wallet so far.

XRPL Escrows don’t automatically release at a certain time. Either an escrowCancel or an escrowFinish command must be sent by someone to change the status of escrowed funds.

We could build a smart contract that automatically releases escrows for users that wish to delegate this responsibility to someone else but it would require CPU power that costs money. Would you be willing to pay a modest fee for this feature? Perhaps 1-2XRP? Releasing funds from escrow yourself is free. 

I'd be willing to pay a fee to have the process automated, as it stands now there is no difference time wise in sending manually on a yearly basis or escrowing and having to release it yearly. 

@nikb While we have your attention, I could not find documentation on how to create seeds and sign tx outside of using the ripple-keypairs node module. I had to get our mobile app(currently in development) to run a node.js server on the device so it can make use of the ripple-keypairs module. This works but is not optimal.

PS. I drink and program so plz ignore the tone ?

Edited by Di3twater

On 7/30/2018 at 11:31 PM, nikb said:

That’s pretty interesting. Without divulging any information you’re seeking to patent  can you answer the following questions:

1) Does the smart contract run on an existing platform like Codius or Ethereum?

2) When you say the contract is immune from influence by humans (upto human influence over pricing, of course) does that imply that the contract code cannot be updated? 

1) Yes. 

2) I should have said it is "immune to external human influence". There is nothing the customer can do to influence the transaction after it's been placed. We can update the code when necessary.

2 hours ago, Di3twater said:

@nikb While we have your attention, I could not find documentation on how to create seeds and sign tx outside of using the ripple-keypairs node module. I had to get our mobile app(currently in development) to run a node.js server on the device so it can make use of the ripple-keypairs module. This works but is not optimal.

PS. I drink and program so plz ignore the tone ?

I’d start at https://developers.ripple.com/accounts.html#address-encoding. What language do you need to do this in?