Lamberth

Galgitron’s blog: Is XRP Too Fast to Be Worth Anything?

10 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

@Merxy one of your previously lives used to spread this FUD about XRP being too fast to actually go up in price. Care to comment?

This was also my reason for my personal $25 dollar prediction in 5 years time. Only because this same question was put to David Schwartz a while ago on Reddit (I think it's in The Knights Watch thread), but his response was not as compelling as Galgitron's post. I love that about Galgitron, he doesn't beat about the bush and his analogies help the layman!

Add on Coil, xPring and Codius.....XRP has serious potential and who knows where it goes? Upwards, that's for sure.

I'm still keeping hold of my $25 prediction for 5 years and I'll evaluate the adoption scale when we get there! But I think full potential will likely be beyond 5 years, so I will definitely be holding a portion beyond that!

1 hour ago, Gepster said:

exchange number 1 in your scenario now has 0 XRP and can't re-use anything it doesnt have

Even if it did work shutting the exchange down for 5 minutes to painstakingly move one transfer without XRP going up in price would leave about half a million transactions at 1500tps undone in the meantime, It's preposterous.

You're thinking $1 million/day. Ripple is thinking trillions/day. Lol

21 hours ago, Benchmark said:

Great blog. As always, the main cause of disagreement is that some people can only wrap their mind around the current crypto-market that is in its infancy. They cannot look past the horizon to see the thousands of possible use cases that will be explored with digital assets at the core.

Well said.

Great article, thanks @galgitron. I've only been in crypto/xrp since last December and only signed up at xrpchat a couple of days ago, but just wanted to say that your blogs have always contributed to keeping it up through this bear market, love your style, and they've thaught me a lot about e.g. market manipulation (being a real estate investor myself and professionally working in private markets at a large asset management firm, I had no clue about the mechanics of these liquid markets when I got into xrp). I'm balls deep in xrp and have zero doubt, I'm patient and have a long horizon. Always kept your analogy of the ruthless express train in the back of my mind, lol. Keep up the good stuff.

On 7/29/2018 at 4:23 AM, Benchmark said:

Great blog. As always, the main cause of disagreement is that some people can only wrap their mind around the current crypto-market that is in its infancy. They cannot look past the horizon to see the thousands of possible use cases that will be explored with digital assets at the core.

Actually, it is quite the opposite. I look beyond the horizon and realize that we have almost no way of knowing what this will look like in 5 years let alone 10 years. It may entail XRP, or it may entail something that we arent even be aware of right now. Those who presume to know the future could be in for quite a surprise.

Am I the only person who thinks you can go

Fiat > XRP > BTC > Fiat

Fiat > XRP > BCH > Fiat

Fiat > XRP > ETH > Fiat

Fiat > XRP > XYZ > Fiat

This would achieve two things, one a more efficient pool of liquidity causing the sell action to slide down the order book less and two create an asymetric relationship between the buy action of XRP and the sell action of XRP - if you do it in the right amounts, it would cause Fiat/XRP to rise over time and with more and more exchanges adopting XRP as the base I think that helps too.

1 hour ago, slinuxuzer said:

Am I the only person who thinks you can go

Fiat > XRP > BTC > Fiat

Fiat > XRP > BCH > Fiat

Fiat > XRP > ETH > Fiat

Fiat > XRP > XYZ > Fiat

This would achieve two things, one a more efficient pool of liquidity causing the sell action to slide down the order book less and two create an asymetric relationship between the buy action of XRP and the sell action of XRP - if you do it in the right amounts, it would cause Fiat/XRP to rise over time and with more and more exchanges adopting XRP as the base I think that helps too.

I guess I don't understand why the '> {BTC,BCH,ETH,XYZ}' steps are needed at all. Isn't 'Fiat > XRP > Fiat' to do it all far simpler?

It is so simple . When people know the potential of xrp they will not sell xrp that easily , doesn’t matter how fast it is . Demand creates a price increase , done 

also , people assume that xrp will be sold for the same price they were bought 

On 7/29/2018 at 7:50 PM, Chewiecoin said:

@Merxy one of your previously lives used to spread this FUD about XRP being too fast to actually go up in price. Care to comment?

Take note everyone when the FUD Patrol is presented with facts they don’t respond because they can’t.

Its much easier for them just to vomit negativity with no facts.

How is Ripple different from other cryptocurrencies?

1. Ripple is fairly different from almost all the other cryptocurrencies we see traded in today’s times. A couple of the most obvious differences stand out:
  2. There’s no mining involved. All XRP tokens were pre-mined.
  3. A large part of the coins is owned by the creator company - Ripple. Some argue that this is a centralized coin which may not be a good thing.
  4. Most importantly, XRP’s use case is unique - it’s trying to make international payments easier.
  5. But wait, isn’t Bitcoin doing that too? Allowing us to transfer funds from one place to another easily?
  6. Well yes, except that Bitcoin is finding it difficult to scale. Transactions are slow, and they’re expensive. This isn’t the case with XRP tokens - which allow transfer of funds within 4 seconds. 
  7. More importantly, the Ripple coin seems to be targeted at institutional markets - making it easier for banks to process payments and exchange value. Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies have generally focused more on the end users or consumers.

Future Prospects

1. Keeping in mind the trends so far, Ripple has seen positive numbers at most of the times. In the first half of 2017, Ripple price rose to 4000%.
  2. Currently, it is listed on more than 30 crypto exchanges. However, it isn’t just about the price action or trades - Ripple may have a bright future because of its uniqueness in so many ways.
  3. Ripple is highly focused on making the international payments easier - which is a market ripe for disruption, given that its run by legacy technology on the back of old banks. 
  4. The company is working on technology which will enable it to process around 70,000 transactions per second, which is just incredible!
  5. If Ripple fulfills its objectives and maintains its position in the market, would we soon see it becoming the largest cryptocurrency in the world?