Boston Consulting Group and Ripple

This thread is the result of reading a random whitepaper for a project called Apollon. They are targeting the entertainment and leisure industries. While they are not the main topic of interest here, it is worthwhile to note that they decided to use information from The Boston Consulting Group[BCG] regarding payments.

Screenshot_2018-07-28-21-17-14-1.thumb.png.d1acbd9a60790d85d522a8c29e1aa292.png

Much like Bain and Company, which was discussed in this thread...

The BCG is of significant importance to us. Per Wikipedia, [https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Three_(management_consultancies) ]  "The Big Three or MBB refers to the name colloquially given to the world's three largest strategy consulting firms by revenue. They are also considered the most prestigious employers in the management consulting industry. McKinsey is the biggest of these with an annual revenue of $8.8bn (2016) followed by Boston Consulting Group ($5.6bn revenue; 2016) and then Bain & Company($3.8–4.5bn revenue; 2017 estimate)." 

Ripple is fully cognizant of how much influence BCG has and published an Insights article solely based on information published by the BCG. The full link is here [https://ripple.com/insights/three-forces-shaping-payments-bcg-global-report/]

Screenshot_2018-07-28-20-57-55-1.thumb.png.4fdca4adfdfc4857b0cbda7b75e63099.png

Taken from another Insights article, "These very smart people include those at the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC), which commissioned an in-depth research report by the Boston Consulting Group"[https://ripple.com/insights/2016-will-be-the-year-you-realized-you-dont-need-the-blockchain/]. So if the DTCC trusts the BCG enough to hire them to conduct an assessment, that is saying a lot considering, "The Depository Trust Company (DTC), DTCC’s central securities depository subsidiary, provides settlement services for virtually all equity, corporate and municipal debt trades and Money Market Instruments in the U.S. Approximately 1.5 million settlement-related transactions per day, with a value of approximately $650 billion as the end of the fourth quarter 2016...payment and transfer of securities ownership occurs at DTC, which provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 131 countries and territories valued at US$54.2 trillion as of 7/31/2017 [http://www.dtcc.com/settlement-and-asset-services]

The acknowledgement of the importance of each company is definitely reciprocal as Ripple is mentioned in several of the BCG's reports. For example the BCG published the following article that included references to Ripple. The full article can be found here:[https://www.bcg.com/publications/2015/financial-institutions-technology-digital-corporate-banking-reaches-tipping-point.aspx]

Screenshot_2018-07-28-21-08-45-1.thumb.png.21c52dcaca2c343c2fbfb86ed88c3931.png

Taken from another article written by the BCG, "others, such as Ripple, are using blockchain technologies, similar to the algorithms that run services such as bitcoin to accelerate processing time for payment settlement and to lower transaction cost."[https://www.bcg.com/publications/2016/financial-institutions-technology-digital-fintechs-may-be-corporate-banks-best-frenemies.aspx]

There are other examples of the BCG mentioning Ripple, but I think you guys get the point. Its honestly getting tiring repeating the same point, but once again there's a major, major, major consulting firm that is advocating for Ripple, so when they meet with their clients to provide guidance for them, what do you think they're suggesting them to use?

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Yeh, but...

...banks will never use XRP

...bitcoin is the future

...Ripple will succeed but XRP won't

...XRP is too fast so the price won't rise

...xRapid doesn't even need XRP

...SBI will do nothing. It's one more pipe dream for delusional fan boys

...market cap

...volume

And its too centralized lolololol

16 minutes ago, Archive said:

I've overheard Bain & Co analysts discussing Ripple and XRP in our food court.  Not saying they are at the forefront of their planning but in certain circles it's at least known.

What have they said if you can share? 

55 minutes ago, Archive said:

I've overheard Bain & Co analysts discussing Ripple and XRP in our food court.  Not saying they are at the forefront of their planning but in certain circles it's at least known.

Anything you can expand upon?  Always interested in first-hand accounts

1 hour ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Yeh, but...

...bitcoin is the future

...market cap

...volume

Haha, a comprehensive FUD list we lot have to put up with on regular basis.

And let’s not forget:

. . . it’s a security 

11 hours ago, Howaboutthemripples said:

Anything you can expand upon?  Always interested in first-hand accounts

Literally in line to grab a burrito and they were just talking about future price predictions based on future utility.

1 hour ago, Archive said:

Literally in line to grab a burrito and they were just talking about future price predictions based on future utility.

what kind of figures did you hear if u don't mind. Their opinions aren't,gonna change mine, but am definitely curious thou lol

39 minutes ago, KingsAndQueens said:

what kind of figures did you hear if u don't mind. Their opinions aren't,gonna change mine, but am definitely curious thou lol

They were talking multiples with no reference to target price, this was back in $.67 range when the Ellen gift was announced. In all reality they were probably Analyst/Sr. Analyst positions so their guess would be as good as yours.  My initial point is just to highlight awareness and it's not like they were partner level guys talking implementation.

On 7/29/2018 at 5:55 AM, OzAlphaWolf said:

Yeh, but...

...bitcoin is the future

...market cap

...volume

Quick question, How did you get the Gold Contributor Status ? BTW Bitcoin needs solar panels farms in Africa to work....( Oups it was a real project plan). Man, can you be serious one time in your life... I am so tired of people like U. Altavista = Bitcoin; Google = XRP. Before we were all monkeys and now we are almost all human... I said almost

Have a good day 

On 7/29/2018 at 1:55 PM, OzAlphaWolf said:

Yeh, but...

...bitcoin is the future

...market cap

...volume

I note the sarcasm in your post but the Market Cap Argument is real I tell you!! There is this imaginary cap that imposes this great glass ceiling over how large XRP’s price can go.

Even though this FUD is still so last year I am still amazed at how ,icy is it spewed up in here.

You’d think the XRPChat FUD Patrol with come up with some new FUD. Oh that’s right they have that XRP is too fast so it won’t affect price.