Sign in to follow this  
Mars

Johnny Depp 'may play late cryptocurrency billionaire Matthew Mellon in upcoming biopic'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5984967/Johnny-Depp-play-late-cryptocurrency-billionaire-Matthew-Mellon-upcoming-biopic.html

This is a fairly mainstream mention of XRP, Emphasis my own:

Mellon died in April of 2018 at the age of 54 after battling addiction for most of his adult life.  

At the age of 21, Mellon inherited trusts worth $25 million from his Mellon and Drexel families. He would eventually invest $2 million of it in the cryptocurrency XRP, known widely as Ripple, and turned it into a $1 billion fortune.

XRP is a decentralized digital asset and settles payments in 3 to 4 seconds which is considerably faster than Bitcoin.  

Mellon married Jimmy Choo shoe mogul Tamara Mellon in 2000 after meeting her at a Narcotics Anonymous meeting. That relationship ended in divorce as did his second marriage to Nicole Hanley Mellon.“

I don't know that I'd watch the movie, but I don't think it could hurt for Depp to play a Republican;  it might chill him out a bit and add a little balance to his personality.

It also might get him out of the financial situation that he's gotten himself into, by years of spending like a drunken pirate, which led to him appearing at Disneyland...

... as a drunken pirate.

I think he should do it.