hammertoe

New Youtube Channel - Cryptocurrency Explained

33 minutes ago, hammertoe said:

My current scratchpad of ideas at the moment for show content is this:

• What is a wallet?
  • What do we mean by 'centralisation'?
  • What is 'Proof of Work (mining)'?
  • What is 'consensus'?
  • What is the Exchange built in to the XRP Ledger?
  • What's the difference between Payment and Settlement?
  • What is a Smart contract? What is Codius?
  • What is the Interledger Protocol (ILP)?
  • What are Ripple's products (xCurrent, xRapid, xVia)
  • What is public key encryption

I will be taking one topic a week and talking about it for a bit, and then having general discussion with the audience and general Q&A.

-Matt 

Would you mind sharing the links you base your video on with me? :) 

I'm onto a similar project here and I guess your help would be precious to further develop it. 

Thank in advance and good luck for your stream! 

22 minutes ago, Johnsnow77 said:

Would you mind sharing the links you base your video on with me? :) 

I'm onto a similar project here and I guess your help would be precious to further develop it. 

Thank in advance and good luck for your stream! 

Sure! I will try to put links in the description after each show for anything I mention.

-Matt

4 minutes ago, hammertoe said:

Sure! I will try to put links in the description after each show for anything I mention.

-Matt

Don't be too meticulous doing it though ;) 

Thank you once more and see you around! 

great first video -- just a couple of suggestions:

first, i could hardly see what you were doing in the background with tabs and notes etc, theres no point shrinking your head down if we cant see the background anyway! :D

second, maybe you can zoom into relevant parts and move the chatbox into focus when something is being addressed, rather than it being a distraction

1 hour ago, hammertoe said:

Hi all, hope you don't mind the quick plug here, but I've just started to do a regular Youtube show. It is called "Cryptocurrency Explained" and is about cryptocurrencies in general, but with a specific focus on XRP (as that is what I know the most about).

The idea of the show is to try and explain some of the basic technical concepts underpinning cryptocurrencies and some of the technical aspects of XRP in particular. Some of you may have seen my "Is XRP Ledger a Blockchain?" video I did earlier this year... well this is a live show very much in the same vein. The idea will be to try and get across some of the technical concepts to non (or less) technical people. It will not be talking about price, or trading, or news etc. But about the underlying tech. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that have invested in cryptocurrencies and may understand a bit about them from an investment point of view, but when asked at the family BBQ "Yeah, but how does it actually work?!" they are stumped for an answer. So this show is for them.

My current scratchpad of ideas at the moment for show content is this:

• What is a wallet?
  • What do we mean by 'centralisation'?
  • What is 'Proof of Work (mining)'?
  • What is 'consensus'?
  • What is the Exchange built in to the XRP Ledger?
  • What's the difference between Payment and Settlement?
  • What is a Smart contract? What is Codius?
  • What is the Interledger Protocol (ILP)?
  • What are Ripple's products (xCurrent, xRapid, xVia)
  • What is public key encryption

I will be taking one topic a week and talking about it for a bit, and then having general discussion with the audience and general Q&A.

The first show went out earlier this week, and went pretty well for a first show and have overwhelmingly positive feedback on it, a few technical difficulties (along with video quality a bit poor) but hopefully next one show be a lot better.

Anyway, I hope some of you will join me on the next live show on Monday (30th July) at 9pm UK time (20:00 UTC).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf20JM6F6kVKCHvXHpVQa9w

See you there!

-Matt 

Matt, were you the guy who went toe to toe with the two bitcoin maximalists and recorded. If so , hats of to you sir, you performed excellently..and tbf the more knowledgeable one gave you props at the end.

BTW one of them sounded exactly like Tone Vays.

33 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

great first video -- just a couple of suggestions:

first, i could hardly see what you were doing in the background with tabs and notes etc, theres no point shrinking your head down if we cant see the background anyway! :D

second, maybe you can zoom into relevant parts and move the chatbox into focus when something is being addressed, rather than it being a distraction

Yup, all good point. This was my first live stream, and first attempt at using OBS. The quality came out significantly lower resolution than I expected. For some reason it ended up as 360p despite recording at much higher res. I also didn't have enough time ahead of time to prepare materials. Next one should be better quality.

-Matt

3 minutes ago, XRPHornets said:

Matt, were you the guy who went toe to toe with the two bitcoin maximalists and recorded. If so , hats of to you sir, you performed excellently..and tbf the more knowledgeable one gave you props at the end.

BTW one of them sounded exactly like Tone Vays.

Yup, that was me :)

-Matt

3 minutes ago, XRPHornets said:

Superb. 

Who were the BTC guys ? It wasnt Tone Vays surely ? He had the exactly the same NJ accent.

No, it wasn't him. It was two guys that go by the pseudonyms ShinobiMonkey and MrHodl.

-Matt

Sign in to follow this