Sign in to follow this  
B088IN

Uphold now supports full Xrp wallet functionality

Has the iOS ver. been lacking those features? If so, great stuff. 

Are they still charging $2.99 per transfer over XRPL to an XRPL address?  Kinda sucks all the fun out of being able to do micropayments.  I think the Uphold member to Uphold member XRP transactions are free, but that fee to tx to anyone's XRPL wallet address has kept me using another gateway/exchange to do smaller XRP transfers.  Whoever's running their twitter account has also been telling people that XRP is free to buy via Uphold, for the last few weeks.  I dunno if that's true for anyone else, but I always get hit with a 1.40% fee each time I buy more XRP...

It was no fee when they opened for the first 2 million $. I was stackin like a mad man. Now there is definitely a fee when purchasing xrp.

And yes the fee to send xrp out of uphold to another wallet is quite steep imo especially since we know the actual cost is 1 cent.

but they are offering a great service that nobody else is so I’m gonna shut my mouth and continue to use uphold lol

Edited by XRPwinning

On 7/26/2018 at 9:00 AM, XRPwinning said:

And yes the fee to send xrp out of uphold to another wallet is quite steep imo especially since we know the actual cost is 1 cent.

but they are offering a great service that nobody else is so I’m gonna shut my mouth and continue to use uphold lol

Same here.  When more USD - XRP direct options become available that are as easy as Uphold, I'll reconsider.

Edited by Liagala
Someday I'm going to proofread before hitting submit... but not this day!

Oh, I'm a huge Uphold fan - I don't begrudge them the 1.40% fee to buy XRP - but there are a lot of things I'd like to do that the $2.99 per ledger transfer just makes impossibly inefficient - even sending someone 50 or 100 XRP is like a 10% cost at $2.99 per transfer - and so I have to maintain more accounts than I'd prefer, rather than just switching to Uphold completely...

24 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Transferring out fees too steep for me. I only wanted to send like 10 or 20 xrp to another wallet and it was outrageous. Great app & great idea though. 

try wirexapp.com - only €1.2 per month service fee
ALL the rest is FREE (really!) (except ATM withdrawals, but thats always the case for Visa).
That €1.2 service fee can be gained back with in-store usage of your free VISA plastic card as you get a 0.5% crypto rebate on each purchase. Spending €240 per month pays your only fee completely back!

1 minute ago, kanaas said:

try wirexapp.com - only €1.2 per month service fee
ALL the rest is FREE (really!) (except ATM withdrawals, but thats always the case for Visa).
That €1.2 service fee can be gained back with in-store usage of your free VISA plastic card as you get a 0.5% crypto rebate on each purchase. Spending €240 per month pays your only fee completely back!

Thanks for the suggestion! I will check them out. :JC_doubleup:

I'm with Uphold since they started, but this will be my last day for the following reasons:

- When you add funs with a card, they say it may take up to 24 hrs to process. Money is taken from your card right away, but it is not available to you even after 24 hrs. 

- Commissions! For a 100 eur, 3.99 eur commission, just to add funds. Just tried the same amount in Coinbase and they take 2.91eur. I thought they were meant to be better than Coinbase!

- Trying to send my XRPs to one of my wallets: Withdrawal fee of almost 7 XRPs! 

So basically, just to buy 100 eur of zerps and send them to one of my wallets will cost me almost 8 eurs! 

Bye bye UpHold, Very dissapointed!

On 8/4/2018 at 5:24 AM, Makanakis said:

I'm with Uphold since they started, but this will be my last day for the following reasons:

- When you add funs with a card, they say it may take up to 24 hrs to process. Money is taken from your card right away, but it is not available to you even after 24 hrs. 

- Commissions! For a 100 eur, 3.99 eur commission, just to add funds. Just tried the same amount in Coinbase and they take 2.91eur. I thought they were meant to be better than Coinbase!

So basically, just to buy 100 eur of zerps and send them to one of my wallets will cost me almost 8 eurs! 

You people ***** about the dumbest things. You can't even get a latte for that price at Starbucks, or buy mutual funds or index funds for that price (usually $7 a trade). 

No, I'm convinced you are the type that, to be perfectly honest, is a cheap person in life. 

On 8/4/2018 at 6:24 AM, Makanakis said:

Buying with a Credit Card is very expensive. Almost $50 in fees for me once all said and done on a ~$450 buy. It is less uphold and more the difficulty with the CC company. Since it is a transaction to London, they hit you with a cash advance fee, foreign transaction fee, plus interest on that fee. Add in the roughly $20 on uphold fees and it becomes not practical to purchase instant with a CC. Better off linking a bank account. 

Edited by Guest

18 hours ago, TheXRPer said:

You people ***** about the dumbest things. You can't even get a latte for that price at Starbucks, or buy mutual funds or index funds for that price (usually $7 a trade). 

No, I'm convinced you are the type that, to be perfectly honest, is a cheap person in life. 

You have no idea what you are talking about. Cheap person in life? Just saying that there are cheaper places/ways to buy.

I would say I live a pretty good lifestyle, but that doesn't mean that I like to pay more when I can pay less. I rather give the extra cash to one of the several charities I cooperate with, not to a coorporation over-chargin for their services. 

Why in this forum everything has to end up in personal attacks?

19 hours ago, TheXRPer said:

What do you have against looking for the best value? By your way of thinking, the financial world should go ahead and adopt BTC, even though XRP is cheaper, because, who cares, it's only money.