2ndtimearound

Is it me, or is it only XRP that's being placed under the securities spotlight?

2 hours ago, thetamind said:

I think xrp is a security, ripple is using xrp to fund everything.  Honestly, I don't think it will matter if its a security or not.  If it is a security, we will see a drop in the short term, but the long term potential is still there so it will come back. I have no problems with xrp becoming a security.  Infact, it might even be better for it.

Not entirely accurate. You are aware of the companies who Ripple were able to partner with and sign as venture capitalists right? And you are also aware of the fact that they sell software products to their customers which generates revenue?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Something big is brewing and it’s about to pop. The FUD campaign has kicked itself into overdrive the last couple weeks and it stinks of manipulation. Ripple is silent, the SEC is silent, and many news sites avoid saying anything about Ripple and XRP. I’d say we’re close to takeoff if you ask me and this “security” shenanigans is just a ploy to continually shake out newer investors. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Availability_heuristic

I just watched a video by Alessio Rastaniand he talks about the above psychological phenomena being used in the media and other mediums of information. 

15 minutes ago, cuber said:

Not entirely accurate. You are aware of the companies who Ripple were able to partner with and sign as venture capitalists right? And you are also aware of the fact that they sell software products to their customers which generates revenue?

Since selling XRP is ripple's main income, I think we deserve more service from ripple than banks, not like ripple did now, totally ignore the XRP holder.

36 minutes ago, XRPeePee said:

Ok this is going to sound like it should be in the tinfoil castle thread, but this is what I believe.  The Powers to be don't a whole bunch of normal people getting rich off xrp. Its for them and their banking buddies. This whole distraction with the SEC is orchestrated by the global elites aka The Central Bankers. The Bankers have so much pull with the American government etc, they have told the SEC to stall until the magic day. My money is on the 1st OCT 18. Which ties in perfect with their self fulfilling prophecy from back in the eighties.

Of coarse I have no solid proof, only bits and pieces iv put together in my head. Yes I am saying the Central bankers are definitely behind Ripple. 

I actually tend to agree here.  It's the only thing that makes sense to me.  XRP is being seen in a terribly negative light in every possible way - every news item is spun against it.   Apparently it's the ONLY crypto involving lawsuits, and bizarrely these cases are gaining massive publicity.  Yet, 90%+ of cryptos out there that are now traded as non-securities WILL become securities in the near future (in the US)....but bizzarely that's not newsworthy, and nobody is suing any of the associated businesses. The thing is: almost every ICO will become a security in the US. End of.  Yet, people holding ICO tokens are relaxing, whistling happy melodies to themselves  as if it's not going to happen.  I swear my life is a dream or a simulation in times like these - nothing computes at all - a glitch in the matrix that only I see. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

2 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

Since selling XRP is ripple's main income, I think we deserve more service from ripple than banks, not like ripple did now, totally ignore the XRP holder. 

Im pretty sure Ripples main income stream is generated from their enterprise software X-current. BTW ripple don't need to inform "the xrp holder" at all.  They don't really owe us anything.

They have taken a lot of time out to inform the interested few. Joel Katz has dedicated a lot of time teaching xrp chat/reddit  people. Thankyou

1 minute ago, XRPeePee said:

Im pretty sure Ripples main income stream is generated from their enterprise software X-current. BTW ripple don't need to inform "the xrp holder" at all.  They don't really owe us anything.

They have taken a lot of time out to inform the interested few. Joel Katz has dedicated a lot of time teaching xrp chat/reddit  people. Thankyou

are you joking?

3 hours ago, bayarea510 said:

Ripple operates as a legitimate company complete with CEO, President, etc., and has a real use case for a real customer thus making it an easy target.

In a way, it's a compliment that they're getting sued. Apple, Samsung, Google - they have lawsuits made against them all the time.  It's a backhanded compliment.  If Stellar get sued, which one of the ten (LOL) employees will deal with the legal cases? Asheesh Burla casually mentioned in his recent talk that Ripple were hoping to hire around 1000 full-time staff by the end of 2019. 

3 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I actually tend to agree here.  It's the only thing that makes sense to me.  X.RP is being seen in a terribly negative light in every possible way - every news item is spun against it.   Apparently it's the ONLY crypto involving lawsuits, and bizarrely these cases are gaining massive publicity.  Yet, 90%+ of cryptos out there that are now traded as non-securities WILL become securities in the near future (in the US)....but bizzarely that's not newsworthy, and nobody is suing any of the associated businesses. The thing is: almost every ICO will become a security in the US. End of.  Yet, people holding ICO tokens are relaxing, whistling happy melodies to themselves  as if it's not going to happen.  I swear my life is a dream or a simulation in times like these - nothing computes at all - a glitch in the matrix that only I see. 

And when Brad Garlinghouse says on record "XRP is not a security" I tend to believe him! Its enough for me. I mean seriously Ripple have been working with regulators from day dot! There is no way they would let this security thing be an oversight.

7 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I actually tend to agree here.  It's the only thing that makes sense to me.  XRP is being seen in a terribly negative light in every possible way - every news item is spun against it.   Apparently it's the ONLY crypto involving lawsuits, and bizarrely these cases are gaining massive publicity.  Yet, 90%+ of cryptos out there that are now traded as non-securities WILL become securities in the near future (in the US)....but bizzarely that's not newsworthy, and nobody is suing any of the associated businesses. The thing is: almost every ICO will become a security in the US. End of.  Yet, people holding ICO tokens are relaxing, whistling happy melodies to themselves  as if it's not going to happen.  I swear my life is a dream or a simulation in times like these - nothing computes at all - a glitch in the matrix that only I see. 

The SEC is waiting for XRP to comply with non security status before they pounce on all the ICOs, Stellar included.

4 hours ago, bayarea510 said:

Ripple operates as a legitimate company complete with CEO, President, etc., and has a real use case for a real customer thus making it an easy target.

I do think this is the reason. Ripple is large and most likely to succeed. Groups like that always get the most attention, both positive and negative.

In other words, Ripple is leading the way!

1 hour ago, yxxyun said:

then you don't understand Ripple's strategy in developing the XRP ecosystem...XRP price will grow as a reflection of its USE, that's the whole point.

1 hour ago, Mgcrypto05 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Something big is brewing and it’s about to pop. The FUD campaign has kicked itself into overdrive the last couple weeks and it stinks of manipulation. Ripple is silent, the SEC is silent, and many news sites avoid saying anything about Ripple and XRP. I’d say we’re close to takeoff if you ask me and this “security” shenanigans is just a ploy to continually shake out newer investors. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Availability_heuristic

I just watched a video by Alessio Rastaniand he talks about the above psychological phenomena being used in the media and other mediums of information. 

Agreed. Looking at XLM these past few days, I cannot help to think some of the increase there is to aid XRP FUD. 

A lot of noise about XLM price becoming higher than XRP. To that, I'd day, well OMG is almost 20x the price of XRP, it must clearly have a much better use case then ?

5 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Most ICOs will be labelled as securities by the SEC, yet the one crypto that's UNLIKELY to be considered a security (XRP) is the one everyone's talking about in an extremely negative light regarding becoming a security.  It's like "Ohh, you hold XRP? Isn't that the crypto that the SEC are testing to see if it's a security? Dude, you should have invested in one of the other 1600 coins". 

USA citizens already can't, by law, trade or purchase those tokens so SEC declaring them a security or not won't make a difference.

About XRP, well, SEC unofficially stated that BTC and ETH are not securities. Probably they forgotten to mention XRP simply because, like  most of the not crypto community, they weren't even completely aware of Ripple and XRP. Now they are. So XRP haters clung to the fact that XRP, the 3th coin in terms of marked cap, was not mentioned by SEC and archly took a step forward and concluded that probably SEC didn't mentioned XRP because XRP is a security.

1 hour ago, yxxyun said:

But it’s not their main income source, that’s what I’ve been trying explain. Do some research into how the company was initially funded, what they’ve done with escrow and re-escrow, the software products which they do sell and finally the Q2 report which details the minute percentage of total volume of XRP which was distributed by them. 

1 hour ago, yxxyun said:

are you joking?

No, it’s not a joke. You haven’t bought shares in Ripple, you invested in a currency (digital asset). If you traded USD for EUR and then the EURO crashed wiping significant value of your USD exchange value, who’s fault is that?