Following through on their decentralization roadmap, Ripple recently published a new recommended UNL as part of the default XRP validator configuration.   The default recommended unique node list, or UNL for short, is comprised of 19 validators.   Out of those 19 validators, 13 are owned and operated by Ripple and six are now attributed to other XRP ecosystem stakeholders:

Good times ahead. No need to rush anything. 

Thanks for the great read as always @Hodor

Just a small typo in the last line of the article:

"From the progress we're observing each day, there's not much time before we see the rise of XRP and its ecosystem components to transform fiannce and global commerce. "

From the progress we're observing each day, there's not much time before we see the rise of XRP and its ecosystem components to transform fiannce and global commerce.

Thank you for that detailed summary.  The fact that even in quiet weeks you find so much exciting news to report proves to me that this technology is now being adopted by mainstream players who are going to dwarf our tiny interventions in the market. 

I think the evident enthusiasm and loyalty we have seen amongst XRP investors is now beginning to be duplicated amongst Fintech providers. 

Good times ahead for us early birds!

1 hour ago, Invincible said:

Thanks for the great read as always @Hodor

Just a small typo in the last line of the article:

"From the progress we're observing each day, there's not much time before we see the rise of XRP and its ecosystem components to transform fiannce and global commerce. "

Thank you! Fixed & re-posted. 

Another great blog Hodor, thanks.

Following through on their decentralization roadmap, Ripple recently published a new recommended UNL as part of the default XRP validator configuration.   The default recommended unique node list, or UNL for short, is comprised of 19 validators.   Out of those 19 validators, 13 are owned and operated by Ripple and six are now attributed to other XRP ecosystem stakeholders

Just to let you know that the UNL list has been updated within the last hour and is now comprised of 18 validators. Out of those 18 validators, 12 are owned and operated by Ripple and six are now attributed to other XRP ecosystem stakeholders. https://minivalist.cinn.app/

Decentralization draws ever closer.:JC_doubleup:

Also, would you be able to shed any light on this fine piece of researh by @PG1

Edited by WhentheBoat_ComesIn

53 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I think the evident enthusiasm and loyalty we have seen amongst XRP investors is now beginning to be duplicated amongst Fintech providers. 

It boils down to an interesting type of question:

If you were a large Fortune 500 company or bank, would you want to build on a network that

1. Can't scale and
  2. Is supported by a disorganized community that hasn't been able to agree on any meaningful code upgrades? 

XRP vs. Bitcoin isn't even a fair fight IMO. 

45 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

"July 23, 2017 total crypto market capitalization: 96 billion.  

July 23, 2018 total crypto market capitalization: 287 billion.  

That's a 300% increase in the market capitalization of all cryptocurrency in one year's time."

That is 200% increase :)

Is that how we're supposed to state it?   I'm a math guy, so I just did the equation:

96 * X = 287, or

100 * X = 300

so

300/100 = X = 3 = 300 %

But if you look at the *increase* only, I think you're right:  200% of 100 is 200.  and 200 represents the increase. 

Okay, I just talked myself into updating the blog.  :P

Thanks! 

btc will always remain ye digital pirates piece'o'8 in my mind

yeah 100% would be 96 +96 =

200% would be 96+96+96 =

doing it old school

so when u think about it … thrice the value but doubled the % increase... makes sense lol

Edited by fiik