n2it

Probability SEC classifies XRP as a security

Probability SEC classifies XRP as a security?  

280 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Probability SEC classifies XRP as a security?

• >=0% but <=10%
    • >10% but <=20%
    • >20% but <=30%
    • >30% but <=40%
    • >40% but <=50%
    • >50% but <=60%
    • >60% but <=70%
    • >70% but <=80%
    • >80% but <=90%
    • >90% but <=100%

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/2018 at 05:00 AM

7 minutes ago, Scout said:

The more Ripple denies XRP is being used as a security, the more evident it is a security.

Not a solid argument. It's like saying "The more you deny being a troll, the more evident you are a troll". Just an arbitrary example. :)

So if a bunch of people gang up on you and give you a label, does that mean the label is true? Nope. Doesn't disprove it either.

Edit: I see you've backpedaled on your original post. Good. Keep going and I'll backpedal too :)

Edited by n2it

What I mean is if there wasn't any doubt that Ripple wasn't a security, I doubt it would have dragged on for this long. Obviously someone has a good case against Ripple and it's causing a lot of friction. The fact that Ripple called their token Ripples and XRP shared the same logo as their company probably not a great way to start. Don't get me wrong, I want to see this protocol do well but I think someone should get their hand slapped.

Edited by Scout

16 hours ago, Capone said:

The SEC will follow the courts rulings in those lawsuits.

I don't think this is accurate because the SEC ruling has to occur before the court ruling. It's not up to the courts to decide whether Ripple is using XRP as a security or not. Maybe they are just waiting for more lawsuits to come in, so they can get them all over with one hearing and come down hard on those who are suing! I am finding it extremely difficult to find any court date information on any of these lawsuits. As well R3 lawsuit was suppose to resume in July. Nothing mentioned this month anywhere so far about the details of that trial.

Edited by Scout

4 minutes ago, Scout said:

What I mean is if there wasn't any doubt that Ripple wasn't a security, I doubt it would have dragged on for this long. Obviously someone has a good case against Ripple and it's causing a lot of friction.

No one's had a good enough case against XRP for the SEC to classify it as a security. Have you considered that vested interests in the unregulated market may be engaging in a media FUD? What's the probability of that? Oh, wait, that's a different poll. :)

13 minutes ago, Scout said:

What I mean is if there wasn't any doubt that Ripple wasn't a security, I doubt it would have dragged on for this long. Obviously someone has a good case against Ripple and it's causing a lot of friction. The fact that Ripple called their token Ripples and XRP shared the same logo as their company probably not a great way to start. Don't get me wrong, I want to see this protocol do well but I think someone should get their hand slapped.

Crypto itself is a kingdom of doubt, XRP shouldn’t be singled out. 

1 hour ago, Scout said:

I don't think this is accurate because the SEC ruling has to occur before the court ruling. It's not up to the courts to decide whether XRP is a security or not. 

No, the courts can rule on whether or not something is a security. There is a lawyer somewhere around here who explained it very well. 

Some people believe "follow the money" in the world of investing. Well, if you do that the "money" says XRP WILL BE CLASSIFIED as a security. Market has been "popping" but XRP just meh it sure is decoupling lol.

30 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Some people believe "follow the money" in the world of investing. Well, if you do that the "money" says XRP WILL BE CLASSIFIED as a security. Market has been "popping" but XRP just meh it sure is decoupling lol.

You're proposing a few conclusions but not providing evidence to support them. Please support your assertions with a coherent argument so we can see if you're making sense. I don't think this is too much to ask. If you want to say it's just your opinion, that's OK too.