n2it

Probability SEC classifies XRP as a security

Probability SEC classifies XRP as a security?  

280 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Probability SEC classifies XRP as a security?

• >=0% but <=10%
    • >10% but <=20%
    • >20% but <=30%
    • >30% but <=40%
    • >40% but <=50%
    • >50% but <=60%
    • >60% but <=70%
    • >70% but <=80%
    • >80% but <=90%
    • >90% but <=100%

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/2018 at 05:00 AM

Wasn't trying to find out win/win vs lose/lose. That's a different poll. :)

I like stats, so humor me on this one if you feel like it. TIA

edit: @PickleRick Sorry I assumed you didn't vote.

Edited by n2it

Since Ripple has been actively engaging with regulators from the start, especially when you compare it to other crypto players, I'll be very surprised if it's classified as a security. For as long as I've been watching ripple (since the OpenCoin days), to me they've been clear about the difference between ripple the company and XRP. @JoelKatz for instance has been VERY clear about the fact that Ripple is separate from XRP, except for the fact that they hold large amounts of it. Ripple has real a chance to succeed even if XRP fails.

For years the crypto community has been crapping on XRP based on the fact that ripple-the-company has been distancing themselves from XRP. "Ripple will probably succeed, but XRP is not needed", the often seen argument by the herd of crypto-sheep. Now that it might provide a benefit to potential XRP adopters in terms of not being a security in the eyes of the SEC, crypto community suddenly thinks it's the opposite. Screaming "XRP is clearly a security! It's the same as Ripple!"

It has been kind of amusing to me.

1 minute ago, Sarnos said:

This is not a dice we are chucking in - it will happen or not

I respectfully disagree. With all the variables involved on this decision, the outcome definitely has a probability distribution.

oh look another security thread bla bla bla

Edited by Guest

Just now, zerpdigger said:

oh look another security thread bla bla bla

b-but this one had a poll!

26 minutes ago, default said:

Since Ripple has been actively engaging with regulators from the start, especially when you compare it to other crypto players, I'll be very surprised if it's classified as a security. For as long as I've been watching ripple (since the OpenCoin days), to me they've been clear about the difference between ripple the company and XRP. @JoelKatz for instance has been VERY clear about the fact that Ripple is separate from XRP, except for the fact that they hold large amounts of it. Ripple has real a chance to succeed even if XRP fails.

For years the crypto community has been crapping on XRP based on the fact that ripple-the-company has been distancing themselves from XRP. "Ripple will probably succeed, but XRP is not needed", the often seen argument by the herd of crypto-sheep. Now that it might provide a benefit to potential XRP adopters in terms of not being a security in the eyes of the SEC, crypto community suddenly thinks it's the opposite. Screaming "XRP is clearly a security! It's the same as Ripple!"

It has been kind of amusing to me.

I am out of likes but would like to say thanks @default for this timely reminder of how fickle the market is!

I really wish they would make the announcement already, jesus.  I'm sure they are waiting for Ripple to get within the guidelines before they say anything. If they do deem it a security (which I doubt) I see a possible quick dump followed by an explosioin once the dust settles. If deemed a security I can see the price actually getting crazy on Ebay and P2P exchanges since it will be impossible to buy making it rare unless you are a qualified investor. I could see people selling XRP for 2-3X the price once a major bull run occurs. I don't see it going to this point though. XRP is not a Security it has be proven time and time again. I Expect some temper tantrums and a major Bullrun once the curse is lifted.  ?

1 hour ago, PickleRick said:

It's a win/win either way. Doesn't really matter.

Exactly. Considering that according to the Q2 report, Ripple the company is absolutely killing it, I wouldn't mine if it was made into a security lol

The more Ripple denies XRP is being used as a security, the more evident it was a security. If Ripple was honest about it they would have been clear from the start which they obviously weren't. If anything, this shouldn't effect XRP as much as this SEC ruling will affect Ripple.

Edited by Scout