3Tom

If XRP is a Security

27 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Of half the price of what you have now but yeah sure. 

Well, in the remote scenario XRP where to be declared by SEC as security in the USA, it will still be a cryptocurrency in other countries. If fact USA XRP transaction volume is not 50% of the global volume, in fact it's much less. A number of tokens that got into the market through ICOs are successful even if they can't be traded by USA citizens. The initial shock could in fact send XRP to 50% of it's value but slowly a recovery would happen. In the worst case scenario Ripple Labs would need to transfer it's headquarters to some Switzerland or some Singapore as Cory Johnson already stated in a general idea about excessive regulation against crypto in the USA. See the last minute of this video 

4 hours ago, 3Tom said:

I would be a Share Hodler!

No. You wouldn't. There are different kinds of securities. A share is a share. A bond is a bond. A digital asset is a digital asset.

The mere designation of an instrument as a security does not change the structure of the instrument itself. XRP being deemed a security would place additional obligations on Ripple but in no way,  shape or form will it provide you equity ownership in Ripple.

All the yawners are ignoring the latest "XRPis a security" FUD that's all over the media. Yes, XRP kicks other DA's *ss for speed, security, scale, and reliability and FUDsters are engaged in a classic deflection attack. But letting the current security accusation go unchallenged is giving the FUDsters a free pass on a new angle to diss XRP.

All FUD is like weeds in the lawn. You can't ignore a sprout of a new weed species and let it take hold. You have to mow down the new and the old FUD weeds democratically, because they're all bad.

Or pull them up. Or use weed poison. Or a flamethrower... OK analogy exhausted. Done.

Edited by n2it

4 minutes ago, 3Tom said:

Okay Oz, it was a stretch for a pun. You got me. You can have my proxy vote. 

Unfortunately, a lot of people believe it to be true that XRP deemed a security would turn them into Ripple shareholders. 

8 hours ago, 3Tom said:

I would be a Share Hodler!

Thats not how it works and how about the majority of xrp owners worldwide? If xrp is classified as a security,it will crash and it can't be used to transfer currencies