Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Make XRP crypto of Tokyo Olympics 2020

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Can you explain why? I'm probably missing something here.

XRP is a very hard to understand crypto currency for the mainstream (it is very difficult in general to explain the value fundamentals in layman's terms without it sounding like a ponzi to a regular joe). It is currently targeted as a liquidity tool for institutions (not exclusively, but primarily). Consumers or anything closely related to that will be endgame.

15 minutes ago, default said:

XRP is a very hard to understand crypto currency for the mainstream (it is very difficult in general to explain the value fundamentals in layman's terms without it sounding like a ponzi to a regular joe). It is currently targeted as a liquidity tool for institutions (not exclusively, but primarily). Consumers or anything closely related to that will be endgame.

I agree with the first part but I'm not sure about the second. I think that for example Coil is going for broader targets, and nobody would stop Japan retail from applying XRP. I agree that it shouldn't be Ripple doing so (so they can remain focus on settlements), but if I would be an enterpreneur in Japan I would go for it. Japan adopted Bitcoin in stores earlier, so why not XRP. SBI would be on your side I think. Broader usage would benefit its liquidity in general I guess.

3 minutes ago, Amigo said:

I agree with the first part but I'm not sure about the second. I think that for example Coil is going for broader targets, and nobody would stop Japan retail from applying XRP. I agree that it shouldn't be Ripple doing so (so they can remain focus on settlements), but if I would be an enterpreneur in Japan I would go for it. Japan adopted Bitcoin in stores earlier, so why not XRP. SBI would be on your side I think. Broader usage would benefit its liquidity in general I guess.

I very much do agree, but considering the limited resources, I think it would be a bit expensive vs the rewards to push for consumer adoption. Or atleast that's how I feel at this stage. If it were cheap or nearly free, why not?

I've been saying it for 2 years the Tokyo Olympic Build up, I even think Tokyo  shopping  trollys will be fitted with some sort of terminal, taxi's everything and all leading back to Mr Kito and SBI, IMHO

2 minutes ago, cannylad said:

I've been saying it for 2 years the Tokyo Olympic Build up, I even think Tokyo  shopping  trollys will be fitted with some sort of terminal, taxi's everything and all leading back to Mr Kito and SBI, IMHO

TrolleyCoin!!!

Do you get annoyed when you go to do your weekly groceries but realize you have no change to unlock a shopping trolley? Well, with our new tech, you can upload any digital asset to our Trolley Wallet which is compatible with all new digital shopping trollies. Unlock a shopping trolley with a deposit of 1 TrolleyCoin from the TrolleyCoin App to your shopping trolley, then transfer back at the end of your shop!

With a circulating supply of  250,000,000 TrolleyCoins and a 75% abandonment rate of shopping trolleys, you'll be on to a winner!

TrolleyCoin! 

1 minute ago, Flintstone said:

TrolleyCoin!!!

Do you get annoyed when you go to do your weekly groceries but realize you have no change to unlock a shopping trolley? Well, with our new tech, you can upload any digital asset to our Trolley Wallet which is compatible with all new digital shopping trollies. Unlock a shopping trolley with a deposit of 1 TrolleyCoin from the TrolleyCoin App to your shopping trolley, then transfer back at the end of your shop!

With a circulating supply of  250,000,000 TrolleyCoins and a 75% abandonment rate of shopping trolleys, you'll be on to a winner!

TrolleyCoin! 

Damn some folks are so quick to spot an opportunity lol

On 7/23/2018 at 12:08 AM, Amigo said:

Some concrete steps here..(?)

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/tiny/olympic-dreams-japan-has-high-hopes-for-a-blockchain-based-consumer-payment-network/