First, you don’t own the thread. 

Second, your responses had no validity. What part of your response showed why anyone would use an appreciating asset to purchase a retail item? They didn’t. 

9 hours ago, Hodor said:

Well, the units of value are divisible by one million, but I agree with you on the price per base unit - we would be looking at (most likely) massive increases. 

In terms of the supply, the division is - from what I understand - just a convenience of programming and mathematics, and can be changed to become further divisible if necessary.  IMO the problem *may* be communication, not mathematics:  Who likes owning ".00000002384" of something? 

Yes, when I say shortages I was meaning shortages at that price causing users to buy at higher prices.

I did not know that the XRP units can be divided and divided.  This settles a problem that had been worrying me (what if the smallest available unit becomes worth 10cents and the micro-payments  are in micro-cents?)

If the price was super high and one XRP were worth some silly number like 10,000K the divided units could named as in dollars : cents 

XRP : Droplets : MilliDroplets

1.005 Droplets

1005 Millidroplets

Edited by Julian_Williams

I had a question I posed on twitter. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I have a question,@Hodor7777, the Q2 market report makes mention that “300M XRP not returned to escrow is being used in a variety of ways”. Is that xSpring and donations? Or do you think it’s something else? I got the impression that it wasn’t sold exactly

Response from@Hodor

I *think* the escrow release amount is supposed to be used for specific sales; Ripple's treasury already had some amount of XRP outside of the escrow release amounts as well; I'm not certain if they used either one for the investments & donations, but it's a good question. [emoji106]

11 hours ago, Hodor said:

Who likes owning ".00000002384" of something? 

couldn't they under the hood have it so the end user sees a corresponding monetary value?

but then again the imperial system is still in use ...

7 hours ago, CoinTrek said:

I *think* the escrow release amount is supposed to be used for specific sales

Nah Ripple can do any damn thing they like with them.  They own them.

Having said that...  Ripple have consistently shown themselves as good stewards of the XRP that they own and have the XRP ecosystem's health totally aligned with their companies health.  So you can expect them to do things that long term benefit the XRP ecosystem....  whatever that may be at one time or another.

16 hours ago, ringer2 said:

Second, your responses had no validity. What part of your response showed why anyone would use an appreciating asset to purchase a retail item? They didn’t. 

Hodor just like the other perma bull ppl here will just call anyone who argue with them trolls and fuds to make it seem that they won the debate and make themselves feel better

17 minutes ago, Merxy said:

Hodor just like the other perma bull ppl here will just call anyone who argue with them trolls and fuds to make it seem that they won the debate and make themselves feel better

Merxy just like the other uber pessimists here will just call anyone who disagrees with them permabulls and echo-chamberists to make it seem that they won the debate and make themselves feel better.

17 hours ago, ringer2 said:

ringer2 reported.

"ringer2 constantly trolls the forums and does nothing except incite conflict and introduce negativity to the discussions he is involved in. It is apparent from his posts what his motives are. There are many other users who are positively contributing to the forum and are progressively reducing their participation because of all the negativity that is deliberately and insidiously woven into the threads. I would like to request that the mods intervene to stop this erosion of healthy community discussion spirit. Thanks."