• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a LOT going on in crypto as we speak, and the two Congressional hearings were just a sample. I analyze the testimony provided to Congress in both of those important hearings.   In additio

I think the Bitcoin market is still leading the market, so I'd have to defer to TA analysts for short-term price predictions.  NOTE: "the great decoupling" has taken place at interesting poi

Stop trying to gaslight me; it won't work.  Not only that, let me troll you in response: Why would somebody that "doesn't think XRP is a good investment": Even be spending any time on

On 7/21/2018 at 9:46 PM, Hodor said:

There's a LOT going on in crypto as we speak, and the two Congressional hearings were just a sample. I analyze the testimony provided to Congress in both of those important hearings.  

In addition, SBI Virtual Currencies has gone live now for all Japanese users, marking an important milestone.  SBI VC will have an enormous impact on sustained volume levels for XRP.  :yes3:

Two recent conferences featured Ripple representatives, and Ripple has begun organizing for the next SWELL Conference!  

Last but not least, I make the case that the XRP Community should make more than a token effort to visibly and materially support businesses that in turn support XRP.
While large Silicon Valley players address the high-profile use cases for XRP, the XRP Community can make significant inroads supporting retail businesses.  

I hope you enjoy this latest blog.   Feel free to share my blog with a friend or on any other platform or media - and thank you for doing so!  :thank_you2:

Read ur point about 2018 expexted to end on high note but when do you think we will start to see the uptick..?? ( opinion only bro, I understand you can not give financial advice )

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

I think the Bitcoin market is still leading the market, so I'd have to defer to TA analysts for short-term price predictions. 

NOTE:

"the great decoupling" has taken place at interesting points in the last three weeks, but it is still ongoing.  There were several instances when the price against USD rose much faster than that of Bitcoin, and there was also an instance where Bitcoin held its own and XRP declined.  Either way, it's good news if you think of it in terms of decoupling of price. 

The more USD - JPY - INR - CAD - GBP pairings with XRP that we see, the more we can expect to see XRP chart its own course, even in times of pure speculation.  Right now, too many large exchanges still support BTC pairings, and a lot of big (and igorant!) money still flows through those channels. 

I think SBI VC will help enormously with this. 

Keep in mind the the entire market is still incredibly small and subject to wild volatility.  As the entire crypto market grows, I expect that prices will go through periods of volatility lessening, or else revert to the steady increases that we see in health(ier) markets. 

LINE is a wild card.  I'm really not hung up on which coins are supported, although I'd love to see XRP be directly supported.  The reason why I'm generally excited about LINE is that as more and more massive exchanges enter the space, they do two things:

• Increase liquidity to massive new levels (i.e., more and more money into the entire crypto market)
  • Decrease the social media influence of Bitcoin financial interests that are terrified of XRP

Of course, the real 'moon-shot' for XRP is when we start to see material levels of utility-driven demand.  Then everything up to that point was all fun and games IMO.  It's to the moon at that point. 

WARNING:  I am not a professional analyst, and have no background in quant analysis or anything like that.  I am definitely NOT an expert, so keep that in mind.  Seriously

Awesome reply bro. Cheers.

Thanks @Hodor  :D Once again you have knocked it out of the park!

I too found the hearings very intriguing, and agree that the House Agriculture Committee's hearing was by far the most productive. The other was just confounding to me.

From your blog:

"If you're following the regulatory news that could potentially impact the XRP ecosystem, I highly recommend that you watch both of these sessions in their entirety to obtain an intuitive grasp of the regulatory direction.   The videos were lengthy, and I watched some sections multiple times.   While I think that Ripple's ILP solutions will be used by central banks, I was even more positive about the XRP Ledger being used by banks after watching the testimony in the House Agriculture Committee's hearing on cryptocurrencies."

Today marks one year I've been on the forum, and I always look for your content to make my day. Much respect!!!

4 hours ago, GiddyUp said:

I too found the hearings very intriguing, and agree that the House Agriculture Committee's hearing was by far the most productive. The other was just confounding to me.

If you're the suspicious type, you could just think "these boys had a meeting beforehand and decided who'd play good cop and who'd play bad cop;  the finserv committee needed to show its contributors that it was working for their money, so, they elected to be the bad cops - no problem, said ag committee - as they all giggled thinking of the contributions coming from all sides".

Now, if you're the rational type, the fact that the finserv cmte was all "you put that genie back in the bottle, right now!" and the ag committee was all "hmm, yes, not going anywhere - and lots of growth potential here, wow, you're right - now, how do we best protect innovation and longterm economic growth in the US - but weed out bad actors - with a balanced regulatory stance?" leads one to just break those two seemingly opposite positions down into which one is merely grandstanding and which one could realistically be made policy.  The former or the latter? :)

The written testimoney from all of the witnesses, even the ones who appeared before the House Financial Services Committee, all tell a different story than the actual public hearings did...

They were mostly on the same conceptual plane as what was on display in the Agriculture Committee hearing, where a "general consensus" between the pols and the witnesses was clear.

Anyway, glad pols got nudged into taking an initial interest - and at least learn a little bit about this stuff - because it's coming.  But I think the House has more pressing business - for now...

Our immigration algorithm seems quite easily gamed by people looking to spin up new voter nodes to gain more influence (and I believe I was promised more lower taxes+spending cuts).

So.... I thought it was a good start, but gotta keep it up! :)

9 hours ago, ringer2 said:

If you believe that XRP is going to appreciate at a rate faster than inflation - and I asssume everyone in here does - then it would be extremely foolish to use XRP for retail purchases.  

Here was my response to that concern earlier in this same thread:

However, I'll add onto it by saying that, until (very) recently in human history, precious metals were used in coins; And precious metals like gold, or even other non-standard commodities, were used as currency. 

Crypto is no different; just more volatile in both directions (hence my response)

10 hours ago, Hodor said:

Here was my response to that concern earlier in this same thread:

However, I'll add onto it by saying that, until (very) recently in human history, precious metals were used in coins; And precious metals like gold, or even other non-standard commodities, were used as currency. 

Crypto is no different; just more volatile in both directions (hence my response)

Here is what you wrote there: “If volatility plateaus at some point, or the value stabilizes, then this concern disappears.  Despite what people may think, there is very little difference between a fiat USD and (any) cryptocurrency.  It's just the belief by the holder that it is valuable that is creating value.  The gold standard disappeared long ago. “

But if the volatility plateaus enough to eliminate the concern to both the seller and the buyer, it ceases to be a worthwhile investment. It becomes like cash at that point. So either it is valuable as an investment or valuable as currency, but certainlY not both.