• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a LOT going on in crypto as we speak, and the two Congressional hearings were just a sample. I analyze the testimony provided to Congress in both of those important hearings.   In additio

I think the Bitcoin market is still leading the market, so I'd have to defer to TA analysts for short-term price predictions.  NOTE: "the great decoupling" has taken place at interesting poi

Stop trying to gaslight me; it won't work.  Not only that, let me troll you in response: Why would somebody that "doesn't think XRP is a good investment": Even be spending any time on

57 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Gladly! 

I've still not decided where the XRP Symbol will go.  :JC_thinking: 

Check out a company called InkBox, it's a company that specializes in semi-permanent tattoo's. They last anywhere from 6-18 days....I ordered the XRP symbol and I'm currently deciding where to put it ? https://inkbox.com/ - I have a buddy that works there and he gave me this discount code, "famjamandrealhomies" (don't ask I didn't make it)... feel free to use it!! 

1 hour ago, Snoopy said:

For the people that were subscribed to your wordpress site would it be a good idea to do a reminder blog basically just saying hey, get with the program I'm not posting here but am over here now, come subscribe - and send THAT out to your list a few more times?  

Thanks for the note @Snoopy

I'm not sure about devoting an entire blog to it, but you are absolutely correct; others have noted this as well. 

Actually, I did get around to publishing a new version of my home page with

1. An explanation for why I chose to switch sites, and
  2. A tip about how to subscribe to the new blog location. 

But to get to that page, you'd have to navigate to the home page and not an individual blog.  It's here for reference:

https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/

To subscribe on the new site :

subscription_option_new_site.thumb.jpg.7377102d636991b80ee7f51eade3aacc.jpg

@Hodor "Do I believe that XRP will become the national currency for the United States?   No.   But do I believe that XRP will play an integral role in cross-border value transfer as a bridge asset between central-bank issued digital assets?  Absolutely."

I share this opinion, and watched the Monetary Hearing live. The whole time I was thinking about this thread with @tar & @Wandering_Dog about CBDC.

4 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

@Hodor "Do I believe that XRP will become the national currency for the United States?   No.   But do I believe that XRP will play an integral role in cross-border value transfer as a bridge asset between central-bank issued digital assets?  Absolutely."

I share this opinion, and watched the Monetary Hearing live. The whole time I was thinking about this thread with @tar & @Wandering_Dog about CBDC.

I will read through the linked source in its entirety - thanks for linking! 

Speech by Benoît Cœuré, Member of the Executive Board of the ECB, at the Central Bank Payments Conference, Singapore, 26 June 2018

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/press/key/date/2018/html/ecb.sp180626.en.html

2 hours ago, Hodor said:

Excellent point; this conundrum was brought up in the hearings, actually.

Currently, there is so much volatility that vendors don't want to accept crypto when the values are going down, and buyers don't want to spend it when values are going up.

If volatility plateaus at some point, or the value stabilizes, then this concern disappears.  Despite what people may think, there is very little difference between a fiat USD and (any) cryptocurrency.  It's just the belief by the holder that it is valuable that is creating value.  The gold standard disappeared long ago. 

I believe that XRP could be used as currency, yes.  There is also no arbitrary limit to how man times we can divide XRP into units to support this notion.  At present they can each be divided into one million drops, but even that is an arbitrary mathematical choice that can be altered by a code change + vote. 

Makes sense...

7 hours ago, Hodor said:

There's a LOT going on in crypto as we speak, and the two Congressional hearings were just a sample. I analyze the testimony provided to Congress in both of those important hearings.  

In addition, SBI Virtual Currencies has gone live now for all Japanese users, marking an important milestone.  SBI VC will have an enormous impact on sustained volume levels for XRP.  :yes3:

Two recent conferences featured Ripple representatives, and Ripple has begun organizing for the next SWELL Conference!  

Last but not least, I make the case that the XRP Community should make more than a token effort to visibly and materially support businesses that in turn support XRP.
While large Silicon Valley players address the high-profile use cases for XRP, the XRP Community can make significant inroads supporting retail businesses.  

I hope you enjoy this latest blog.   Feel free to share my blog with a friend or on any other platform or media - and thank you for doing so!  :thank_you2:

It seems clear that Lowell Ness is referencing Ripple's use case, if not Ripple themselves. Is Perkins Coie an investor?

1 hour ago, ImTheRippler said:

Perkins Coie an investor?

At this point, it's impossible to say "no" for certain. Even though they're not listed as official early round investors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_(company)), it's still possible to purchase shares on a secondary market. 

I don't know how or if these are tracked in a public site somewhere. 

20 hours ago, Hodor said:

There's a LOT going on in crypto as we speak, and the two Congressional hearings were just a sample. I analyze the testimony provided to Congress in both of those important hearings.  

In addition, SBI Virtual Currencies has gone live now for all Japanese users, marking an important milestone.  SBI VC will have an enormous impact on sustained volume levels for XRP.  :yes3:

Two recent conferences featured Ripple representatives, and Ripple has begun organizing for the next SWELL Conference!  

Last but not least, I make the case that the XRP Community should make more than a token effort to visibly and materially support businesses that in turn support XRP.
While large Silicon Valley players address the high-profile use cases for XRP, the XRP Community can make significant inroads supporting retail businesses.  

I hope you enjoy this latest blog.   Feel free to share my blog with a friend or on any other platform or media - and thank you for doing so!  :thank_you2:

Excellent, as usual. ??