Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, XRPisVELOCITY said:

I didn't join till December.  But I don't blame the forum or Ripple for my investment decisions.  Mostly because I bought back in September.  And I'm not a dic.

apparently i joined last year in july hahaha i just know i got most of mine around .16 or .17 but just got another bag at .47.  i agree i am responsible for myself and im prepared to ride it down to 0 haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work in a tech industry that runs adjacent to the financial industry, with some overlap.  The company I work for is extremely successful, widely used, has a sterling reputation, and has been in busi

I take the opposite lesson from yours.  1.  I can see so clearly that Bitcoin is useless out of date technology that will never be used as a currency.  Its values seems to be attached to two out

Don’t forget the words you wrote in a post awhile back...”the game is already over”.  The current problem is that we’re all waiting (im)patiently for xrapid to go live.  It’s not taking that long for

Posted Images

12 hours ago, XRPisVELOCITY said:

Yep.  It's moon or down with the ship.

OOL

I'm either going to own a large boat or sink like the Titantic, agreed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 6:19 PM, BarryM17 said:

Even though I did buy more today, it is worrisome.  Seeing the decoupling being BTC doing okay and XRP not.  The media, the fund managers, the so-called experts, all still standing behind BTC.  A recent portfolio announcement was that 25% of their holdings were in ETC (which I love, by-the-way).  Funds adding ADA, XLM, and some other ridiculous tokens, along with CB.  This is the most intelligent crypto forum I've read.  Every once in a while you'll get some idiot, but for the most part, the majority of the members truly know their stuff.  So if we're all so smart, what is it that the rest of the world doesn't get?  Is there seriously any chance that we're all wrong?  Why the hate?  It just confounds me.

I work in a tech industry that runs adjacent to the financial industry, with some overlap.  The company I work for is extremely successful, widely used, has a sterling reputation, and has been in business for several decades.  Even with all this going for us, our new offerings take a VERY long time to see wide adoption (our customers are other companies).  Our customers need to follow regulations and are subject to scrutiny.  I don't blame them one bit for taking time to change.  I've come to expect it at my job.  Doesn't mean that the new tech is bad.  Companies need to protect their customers.  I see so many parallels to my job that the lag in adoption doesn't worry me in the least.

Edited by Gismapper
Clarity
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gismapper said:

I work in a tech industry that runs adjacent to the financial industry, with some overlap.  The company I work for is extremely successful, widely used, has a sterling reputation, and has been in business for several decades.  Even with all this going for us, our new offerings take a VERY long time to see wide adoption.  Companies need to follow regulations and are subject to scrutiny.  I don't blame them one bit for taking time to change.  I've come to expect it at my job.  Doesn't mean that the new tech is bad.  Companies need to protect their customers.  I see so many parallels to my job that the lag in adoption doesn't worry me in the least.

I wish I could like this more than once! This should be posted at the top of every negative topic. Adoption takes time, it is not simply overnight. My husband works for a large company and they take anywhere from 3-4 months just to hire someone. They desperately need people but the way the hiring processes work, that's just how long it takes to get someone in the door. Imagine how long it takes to change huge processes. It's not just a one person decision and BOOM! you're done. Especially when you are dealing with multiple locations on multiple continents. 

As a further example, my husband's company decided to branch off into 2 divisions and rename one of those divisions a separate company. My husband worked for the "new" division. This change took 18 months. It wasn't a huge deal. Still owned by the same company. No new bosses. Just cutting ties from each other financially so their EOY reports wouldn't be dependent on each other. This was a pretty big change, but all internal. No real ramifications except how stock holdings are reported to investors. Still took forever. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Loki said:

I wish I could like this more than once! This should be posted at the top of every negative topic. Adoption takes time, it is not simply overnight. My husband works for a large company and they take anywhere from 3-4 months just to hire someone. They desperately need people but the way the hiring processes work, that's just how long it takes to get someone in the door. Imagine how long it takes to change huge processes. It's not just a one person decision and BOOM! you're done. Especially when you are dealing with multiple locations on multiple continents. 

As a further example, my husband's company decided to branch off into 2 divisions and rename one of those divisions a separate company. My husband worked for the "new" division. This change took 18 months. It wasn't a huge deal. Still owned by the same company. No new bosses. Just cutting ties from each other financially so their EOY reports wouldn't be dependent on each other. This was a pretty big change, but all internal. No real ramifications except how stock holdings are reported to investors. Still took forever. 

 

The above two posts should give every crypto investor a better idea of what it means to HODL! Many view Hodling as a two or three weeks job!! I think the serious crypto investor is more inclined to think in years rather than months! 

Edited by Keyboardwealth
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2018 at 3:18 AM, damascus1986 said:

apparently i joined last year in july hahaha i just know i got most of mine around .16 or .17 but just got another bag at .47.  i agree i am responsible for myself and im prepared to ride it down to 0 haha.

Even if one bought at the last all time high of XRP it will be regarded as a steal in a couple of years! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gismapper said:

I work in a tech industry that runs adjacent to the financial industry, with some overlap.  The company I work for is extremely successful, widely used, has a sterling reputation, and has been in business for several decades.  Even with all this going for us, our new offerings take a VERY long time to see wide adoption (our customers are other companies).  Our customers need to follow regulations and are subject to scrutiny.  I don't blame them one bit for taking time to change.  I've come to expect it at my job.  Doesn't mean that the new tech is bad.  Companies need to protect their customers.  I see so many parallels to my job that the lag in adoption doesn't worry me in the least.

I'm currently working for global giant on the intersection of tech and finance as well. Besides seeing a lag in the uptake of new tech powered service offerings there is also a substantive delay in our internal implementations. I'm currently involved in a internal infrastructure revamp project that was estimated to be completed about 2 months ago, but due to some unforeseen issues with hardware, the estimated completion date has been pushed back to 2 months from now on. Also it's normal that a new product or update that's launched in production will be rolled back in a short while because some conflict or bug has revealed itself, sometimes it takes months before the issue is resolved. I've yet to see a implementation go smooth the first time, there is always kinks that need to be ironed out.

Every time I see someone cry because xRapid is yet to launch in PROD, I think of the delays I see at work and not worry one bit. Getting everything right is hard and I'd rather see Ripple release xRapid when it's ready. Releasing a premature product that sends erroneous payments could seriously damage their reputation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZeeperCreeper said:

I'm currently working for global giant on the intersection of tech and finance as well. Besides seeing a lag in the uptake of new tech powered service offerings there is also a substantive delay in our internal implementations. I'm currently involved in a internal infrastructure revamp project that was estimated to be completed about 2 months ago, but due to some unforeseen issues with hardware, the estimated completion date has been pushed back to 2 months from now on. Also it's normal that a new product or update that's launched in production will be rolled back in a short while because some conflict or bug has revealed itself, sometimes it takes months before the issue is resolved. I've yet to see a implementation go smooth the first time, there is always kinks that need to be ironed out.

Every time I see someone cry because xRapid is yet to launch in PROD, I think of the delays I see at work and not worry one bit. Getting everything right is hard and I'd rather see Ripple release xRapid when it's ready. Releasing a premature product that sends erroneous payments could seriously damage their reputation.

Couldn't agree more.  We typically have stuff in the development pipeline for a year, and we get one or two partners as early adopters to help us shake down the bugs.  That process could take another year or two before we're ready for wide release, and then another year or two for market traction to build. But once we've done our homework and the legwork, the results are outstanding.

There is definitely pressure to shorten the development cycle, but our customers are all Fortune 500 companies that you've heard of...the biggest of the big.  They don't change quickly.  They are subject to audits and government regulations, so they need to cover their butts and protect their own customers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.