Sign in to follow this  
BANKXRP

Cassie Craddock at Ripple talk in Europe at unboundLDN

Posted (edited)

Okay, she has a lot of work to do to get up to speed of the other Ripple speakers .

Her command of English wasn’t great even though she was English, and she didn’t give the impression of properly understanding the tech or business use case .

Edited by XRPHornets

Posted (edited)

You had one job, the least they could have achieved was alignment of profile photos to where each were seated. 😂

http://i67.tinypic.com/2lvhhlh.png

Also Cassie did not look comfortable but we are all human.

I don't like hearing regurgitated material at such things, but maybe it was her nerves kicking in with the whole suitcase explanation.

onejob.PNG

Edited by Tayto

I want to see less promotion and more adoption...let the SEC go protect the Bitconnect-type investors...as an XRP investor, I don't need their "protection".

Let me sign a waiver, so I can be in the same boat with accredited investors if the SEC deems this a security and I want to buy and sell XRP.

I'm sorry but having just watched that, to be blunt, she presented as a terrible speaker. She doesn't appear to have confidence in her knowledge of the product outside of the usual quick PR bites we have heard at length already. Even then, her delivery of those basic points sounded stuttered without real conviction or any further insight.

European Lead? Really?

I might be sounding harsh here, but if I delivered a public speaking brief/plenary like that at work, questions would be asked. I hope it was just nerves and that she builds confidence in other representational instances.

We are in an age where speaking without engaging the brain can get you elevated to positions of great power.  Ripple should season her

at low-profile events until she can effortlessly expound on these topics.  Otherwise she might not inspire a great deal of confidence.

Yes confidence was severely lacking.  There's reticience in her voice.  Where's the excitement??  Feels like she was dragged out there and forced to participate.  I'm sure she means well, but public presentation skills have to be polished in this instance. Kind of harsh but there is too much on the line businesswise to come off sluggish.

Another angle on this - it actually looked like she couldn't hear things very well. She seemed to be having significant trouble with her earpiece but no-one doing tech for the event was picking up on that or sorting it out.  This often happens at these events - everyone is wearing radio mics but with the amount of devices and wifi and other radio frequencies in use they can sometimes perform very badly.  It's enough to throw you off even if you've experienced it many times, but as a first timer I imagine it would be particularly difficult.

Considering the amount of ambient noise coming in through those headset mics, which typically have an extremely localised pickup (they reject most ambient noise unless its extremely loud), the noise in that room must have been huge.  We're only hearing the mixed feed from the mics, so it may seem quiet to us when watching the video.

So you have:

- (Maybe) first time on stage nerves
- Presenter seeming to initially grill you, singling you out for difficult questions
- Not being able to hear the questions clearly, probably involving drop-outs in mid-sentence, volume too low, and latency (the presenter speaking but Cassie hearing it much later, which can be off-putting - seeing someones lips move and the voice arriving in your ear much later). And crucially: no one stepping in to help with any of that.

Sure, it could also be that she's not so good on stage under pressure, but given the above three things simultaneously I'd give her another chance, and possibly fault some of the blame with the sound tech people at the event.

Sign in to follow this