Expert’ states XRP [XRP] is a security, Ripple adopted a “wrong regulatory approach”

Still1

6 hours ago, RikkiTikki said:

That is what I was basically saying in my last post is I think there is a strategic ploy to create a distinct aura of uncertainty around XRP not that it will be stopped cold but the lawsuits are designed to slow down progress thus manipulating the market in favor of those that have an agenda to capitalize on the uncertainty  "Litigation fosters uncertainty!!"  uncertainty can be a profitable thing if you know how to work it.

Or players that knows that xrp will take off wants to be able to buy xrp at a huge discount before it takes off. It could be to keep the price low. 

Just in case you don't know Susie Crew, here's a link to her latest video, in which she explains in detail and professionally why it's good if ripple would be deemed a security.

xrp, securities, fund managers

Her initial statement is the following, „what the big fund managers have been waiting for is, all the legislation to put in place to protect the end investor, waiting for the exchanges to be basically regulated no different to other exchanges. Fund managers need that because they act like a custodian when it comes to the clients money they are managing.“

Edited by Ohbithandle
Typo

The 'expert' (seriously, take a look at his 'Following' list on Twitter to see where his bias lies) literally did not even say "Ripple took the wrong regulatory approach", he said "these startups adopting the wrong regulatory approach".

I can't help but think of a particular episode of Blackadder when I see these BTC shills commenting on XRP. Just swap out 'leech' for 'bitcoin'.

Blackadder: Never had anything you doctors didn't try to cure with leeches. A leech on my ear for ear ache, a leech on my bottom for constipation.
Doctor: They're marvellous, aren't they?
Blackadder: Well, the bottom one wasn't. I just sat there and squashed it.
Doctor: You know the leech comes to us on the highest authority?
Blackadder: Yes. I know that. Dr. Hoffmann of Stuttgart, isn't it?
Doctor: That's right, the great Hoffmann.
Blackadder: Owner of the largest leech farm in Europe?

On 7/20/2018 at 7:02 AM, Still1 said:

While many experts have offered their opinions on the matter, the latest to do is Anatoly Castella, the CEO of Elpis Investments. Castella said that the XRP token belongs to a category he calls ”digital fiat”, stating that XRP falls short of the “purest interpretation of cryptocurrency”.

This is your 'expert'. My LOLmeter redlined on this one...

https://twitter.com/anatolycastella?lang=en

Yes, under traditional laws, Ripple is a security because it fails the Howey assessment. That being said, most (legitimate) experts have taken the view that cryptos are fluid in their classification depending upon their evolution. Most experts have stated that cryptos can be securities and then one liquidity increases, use cases are realized and they become more widely adopted ( and decentrilized) they are no longer securities in the trafitional sense of the word. Everyone is calling for regulation but we also dont want to stifle the space by inconsiderate legislation that only takes into account the current state of Ripple, not what it may morph into upon adoption. 

I wonder if the corporate world is lobbying behind closed doors because they want Ripple/XRP for themselves.  Ripple only needed us regular users to bootstrap XRP's liquidity, so that it's primed for institutional adoption/use.  FIs would like more control over this, and a securities designation would significantly help them toward that end.

After all, XRP was designed for institutional use as a bridging currency - that's its primary function.

Edited by enrique11
correction