peanut56

I know there is alot of frustration

I read the threads of others. I suffer from my own emotional frustration. I probably put in more than I should, but I am still alright if I lose it. Sure things are not going straight to the moon or whatever. Maybe there is a software glitch that has to be worked out. Maybe testing has to go perfectly in order for customers to jump on board. I would rather wait six months to a year and ripple put out a product that is fantastic. If they push to early without proper vetting they can lose and will lose. I drive a ford. I like everything about it, except ford sync 2. It sucks. It breaks. It is expensive as heck to fix. There aren't any cheap aftermarket parts. I hope ripple produces flawless software, so when it is in the hands of the customers it works better than expected and they create a loyal corporate following that will stick with the company ripple, and stick with XRP because they know it works and they know it works better than anything else they use. (I didn't check for grammatical errors)

When XRPchat is having a meltdown, it's a sign to buy.

43 minutes ago, Queen_of_Lint said:

Just ignore it.  Bitcoin is in charge.  Watch a Harold Lloyd movie.  Bake some bread.  Learn knitting.

I like it! It reminds me of some comedienne who said: "How come the voices never say - go dancing! - bake a cake! -" :D

3 hours ago, GiddyUp said:

I like it! It reminds me of some comedienne who said: "How come the voices never say - go dancing! - bake a cake! -" :D

Just a reminder, we have a Cooking with Snoopy club... leave some great recipes!

The FUD campaign is bigger than this time last year - not surprising that some people are losing their faith.  I initially got into XRP last year for a 3-5 year hold.  That's now a 2-4 year hold.

When regulatory certainty is in place later this year expect new ATH and the FUD will be silenced (until the campaign starts up again).

Go enjoy life away from the cryptosphere for a few months and let the awesome folks at Ripple do what they do best.

If you believe in the fundamentals of xrp and ilp, then in reality the only thing you need to keep an eye on is if the financial industry will use it. Brad is correct in saying that the price is irrelevant. Price will not determine adoption and saturation. The financial industry isn't shopping for discounts or worrying about which coin is popular. They want something they can use. 

Edited by LordVetinari

3 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

If you believe in the fundamentals of xrp and ilp, then in reality the only thing you need to keep an eye on is if the financial industry will use it. Brad is correct in saying that the price is irrelevant. Price will not determine adoption and saturation. The financial industry isn't shopping for discounts or worrying about which coin is popular. They want something they can use. 

The banks want something that will increase profits.  They are not eager to democratize finance or save their customers money.  Should they find a technology that is not well-known that can reduce their costs without the annoying need to pass the savings on, they will embrace it.  The best scenario is that they become anachronistic and disappear - finally ridding the world of their poison.

I do not mind the idea of democratizing money. I think a president once said he sold the united states to the banks, and the only way that will change is with blood in the streets. However, that being said if block-chain tech can be adopted and used independently of bank influence then they may have no choice. Or they will hold digital currency and loan that out for profit. So who knows on that one. It will be interesting since this is a world movement of sorts without governments in direct control. So in a sense there may be little that can be done without a public display of absolute corruption and influence. I do not know the truth or reality and doubt many of us do.

9 hours ago, Queen_of_Lint said:

The best scenario is that they become anachronistic and disappear - finally ridding the world of their poison.

I never get why people think banks are so poisonous?

7 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

I never get why people think banks are so poisonous?

it's just a stupid mantra that is propogated by 17 year old "crypto investors" who've never had to use the lifesaving services a bank provides e.g. when getting a mortgage, loan or getting help and financial compensation after being defrauded, stoken from or vandalized

banks are -- for the MOST part -- a GOOD thing for society and serve a crucial purpose

yes some banks are scummy greedy pigs, but that's capitalism, deal with it