nicktemple

It drives me crazy, xrp vs xlm.

We are by far the best, with real world usage and huge partners. 

Just look at what is happening with SBI, the crypto space doesn't seem to understand how big it is.

Then you have Stellar XLM, they have positive news, not even close on the scale that xrp has had time and time again, and they sky rocket.

https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2018/07/this-is-why-stellar-xlm-is-currently-skyrocketing/

I can't wait for a few years to go by, and everyone looks back at XRP and goes dammmmm. Should of listened.

14 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

stellar & IBM did a lot on stellar ledger,  what's ripple did on XRP ledger?

Uhhh not much because it’s been done and working for years and waiting to be pushed to its limit? Already has an exchange built in that I’m rebuilding an interface for. Bringing RippleTrade back from dead. What other features do we need? 

Or maybe we should invest in using stablecoins like your beloved stellar? Lolol back to square one...

Or maybe we should start baking logic and state into the blockchain like ethereum and create an architectural mess?? That also sounds good 

and I need to correct myself. Actually they are doing a lot since the colbalt upgrade is well on its way to bring ledger settlement speed down from 3 seconds to 1

Edited by XRPwinning

stellar will bring online stellarX, a trade ui & wallet ,why ripple can't bring rippletrade back? fairx or stronghold can issue USD on stellar ledger, why snapswap closed & move out US? 

This is the best article I've read about the Ripple/Stellar history. The epic story of the split between Jed McCaleb and Ripple prior to the launch of Stellar.

After reading this I wouldn't touch Stellar with a ten foot pole. 

Edit: http://observer.com/2015/02/the-race-to-replace-bitcoin/

Edited by dreamsofpolyphemus

6 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

ripple said they are not doing business on retail markets, ok, then stop selling XRP on open markets.

Yes, they also gave up on the "one million gateways" start-up idea.

We were never given a reason why this happened, just asked to move our zerps outside the U.S. to some Eeastern European exchange. 

Everything was hush-hush...we never found out.

Was it FINCEN, was it that snapswap wasn't registered properly as a money service provider...did snapswap's bank decide to shut their business relationship because they thought cryptos were scams back then and snapswap couldn't find any other US bank to support it, did Ripple just decide to drop all crypto investor related projects and only target banks, etc.? 

Edited by enrique11

1 hour ago, dreamsofpolyphemus said:

This is the best article I've read about the Ripple/Stellar history. The epic story of the split between Jed McCaleb and Ripple prior to the launch of Stellar.

I'm familiar with this...it's an old, old article by crypto standards. ;)

Edited by enrique11
'correction'

1 hour ago, nicktemple said:

We are by far the best, with real world usage and huge partners. 

Just look at what is happening with SBI, the crypto space doesn't seem to understand how big it is.

Then you have Stellar XLM, they have positive news, not even close on the scale that xrp has had time and time again, and they sky rocket.

https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2018/07/this-is-why-stellar-xlm-is-currently-skyrocketing/

I can't wait for a few years to go by, and everyone looks back at XRP and goes dammmmm. Should of listened.

Am I reading the charts wrong XLM is 28 cents Ripple is 48 cents

whats the problem here? XLM just had a run and we are still double them, We all know how XRP runs

Think about last year XLM went on a run to  its high was about 92 cents

XRP was 3.30 or so?

So stop the troll ****

50 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

ripple said they are not doing business on retail markets, ok, then stop selling XRP on open markets.

When Ripple (the company) says they're not doing business on retail markets they are referring to your consumer-facing retail use-cases. Ripple's path to adoption has been more of a behind-the-scenes approach focused on fixing/streamlining payments globally by attacking the out-dated, inefficient, and costly payments rail infrastructure of SWIFT + correspondent banking. Ripple's primary focus has been more of a top-down approach focusing on Banks, Central Banks, FIs, payment providers, remittance companies, etc. with its blockchain solutions. Stellar, to me, has targeted more consumer-facing/oriented platforms (i.e. mobile wallets, ICO-related platforms, etc.).

Now that Ripple has built their ecosystem of DLT/blockchain solutions and on-boarded a substantial network of FIs and banks to RippleNet, they are now pivoting to other verticals. So that the company (i.e. Ripple) can focus on their use-case (i.e. banking, global payments, etc.) for XRP and the XRP-ledger, they have recently announced (back in May) the creation of xPring (pronounced Spring), an initiative whereby Ripple will serve as an incubator for new start-ups and projects providing both financial and technical support to help foster and cultivate them into successful businesses on the XRP-Ledger. While XRP and the XRP-Ledger are both open-source pieces of technology that can be utilized by anyone, it is good to see that Ripple, via xPring, will be serving as a filter of sorts on-boarding those projects that have a defined use-case and not some random ICO with 'ZERO' utility and purpose as we have seen run-a-muck of Ethereum's network. It's not about the number of ICOs/projects/startups that reside on a particular blockchain's network, but the quality and utility of such said ICOs/projects. Ripple’s former CTO, Stefan Thomas, has formed a new company called “Coil” that will focus on disrupting and streamlining the monetization of content via micropayments utilizing Ripple’s Interledger Protocol and XRP-Ledger (Coil).  

Edited by King34Maine

I don't care so much for stellar but one I don't care for at all is btc. It has value for doing absolutely nothing. If you ask me it's the ultimate **** coin. Cause it don't do ****! Sorry just had to get this off my mind ?

1 hour ago, dreamsofpolyphemus said:

Exactly this. As a matter of fact, I can’t believe anybody would touch them in the business world, it’s a laughable proposition.  McCaleb is a liability to any company that does business with Stellar, who is trying really hard to live up to the scam label of “nonprofit” designation, and whose Blockchain has already forked! It’s truly baffling.

Edited by ImTheRippler