So XLM won?

What I had just heard on the other talk with Fortune Brainstorm Tech forum with Asheesh Birla was that IBM wasn't even utilizing XLM in their cross border transactions. They were opting for a pegged "Stablecoin", this is pretty bad news actually as this supposedly the one case where Stellar was actually gaining traction. IBM has a blockchain division with diversified applications, not everything they do has a direct link to Stellar as many speculators would like to believe. Anyway, chances are if XLM is going up, XRP will go up even further. After all, there's one coin which has real progress on an actual use case and that is XRP. 
EXACTLY. IBM seems to be pro stable coin and are also experimenting with xlm and other crypto. There's no indication they're going to use it.

Yeah, but I remember reading that their pegged stablecoin was built on top of xlm, which if true would be a positive for xlm.  Still - xlm is still only a p&d coin in my book.
Interesting. Any sources on that? I'm interested how this would work.

For heavens sake, everyone is paranoid.  Stellar is not going to outflank Ripple/XRP which has done all the regulatory work with 40 CBs, testing with banks, set up the ILP, Codius, Cobalt, XRapid, XVia, XPring, COIL and its star team of silicon Valley experts across the board and it partnerships with Santander, SBI .......the list goes on and on.

Invest in Jed if you want, I won't.

If you a 100% XRP (like me) buy low and watch developments in the Ripple XRP ecosystem Everything else is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, xrp-pat said:

XLM have won what? Is there a competition I don't know about? 

Yes.....you didn't hear the good news??? 

Extra!! Extra!! Read All About It!! Stellar has a new "Stablecoin" pegged to the USD on its network!!! Rejoice my fellow peeps, for we are now saved from the irrational fluctuation in crypto prices, plus its FDIC insured.....:spinlol: :sarcastic: :rofl:

6 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:
45 minutes ago, automatic said:
Yeah, but I remember reading that their pegged stablecoin was built on top of xlm, which if true would be a positive for xlm.  Still - xlm is still only a p&d coin in my book.

Interesting. Any sources on that? I'm interested how this would work.

http://fortune.com/2018/07/17/ibm-stablecoin-cryptocurrency-stellar/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2018/07/17/cryptocurrency-cold-feet-venture-backed-stable-coin-tripped-up-by-bank/#7cf0c89933e9

2 hours ago, Drozario80 said:

I would like to know what are they going to with the +80 Billion XLM?

Any thoughts???

They? Who is "they"? Does Jed McCaleb have multiple personalities?

Haven't read any posts in this thread, just responding to OP thread title: So XLM won?

It depends on what you mean by "won".

This is a very complicated question to answer at this moment and in some contexts it is easier than in others to answer and predict. There are so many aspects of this market and other potential use-case markets that can lead to success, that it might just wind up that XRP and XLM can complement each other and coexist.

I would post questions I want to find the answers to, but I have too many questions, and am still eating breakfast. ?

As an XRP investor, I'm most concerned about finding the answers to some of my questions...they might be key to answering your question in a more comprehensive (more contexts) way and more definitively.

Edited by enrique11

2 hours ago, johnlogan said:

Some say XLM will reach $1 this week. 

Do you hold XRP or XLM?

I know you used to hold XRP - but have been down on it for a while.

Just wondering if you, like me have been accumulating more or diversifying - or just hodling what you had. 

1 hour ago, FreedomGundam said:

I rather hold ETH then XLM, I think XLM is more like XRP. So, if you want to diversify your portfolio, ETH is your best option

Don't forget about Codius

Mathematically and structurally Ripple and Stellar are different, and so their networks (including their respective cryptos) will behave differently, and with time they might become sufficiently different so that various use-cases arise which favor their respective networks (including cryptos) and they are used in a mutually exclusive way generally, but for now...they are really competing with one another...in other words, there seems to be a lot more overlap in targeted markets now than before, IMO.

But hopefully the underlying mathematics and structure of their networks (including their respective cryptos) will continue to dictate their preferred behaviors and preferred adopters/users, and eventually the development will further this divergence so that they are generally more mutually exclusive and complementary, allowing for coexistence and maybe even mutual support in some instances, and if there is not enough divergence, maybe they can peacefully coexist in the same markets, right?  Visa and Mastercard do it.

Edited by enrique11

1 hour ago, CarloRossi said:

Do you hold XRP or XLM?

I know you used to hold XRP - but have been down on it for a while.

Just wondering if you, like me have been accumulating more or diversifying - or just hodling what you had. 

I own 8k XLM at $0.3 and I own a large chunk of XRP. Not selling anytime soon. I liked the run today but its over now. Hope XRP gets the next shot.